*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2294857-The-Day-The-Twin-Towers-Fell
Rated: E · Fiction · Emotional · #2294857
A Day of Sadness
The day the Twin Towers fell my heart sunk.I was very upset over what had happened.Then later on that day i got a phone call from my brother who was serving in the military that his platoon was going to New York to help out any way they could after what had happened there on 9/11 .Then i told him i would pray for their safe return to there base where they were stationed.Then after a few weeks I got another phone call from my brother that his platoon was going to Iraq to fight in the war that was going on at the time that caused 9/11 to occur.Then about four months went by before he could calls us and let us know he was okay.So then he served four tours in Iraq.Then a few years later he returned to his base were he was stationed. So after returning stateside he decided to retire out of the military .He decided to start to enjoy his retirement with his new wife.
© Copyright 2023 peanutbutter (daffine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2294857-The-Day-The-Twin-Towers-Fell