*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2295436-The-Adventures-Of-DC-The-Grocery-Store
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #2295436
A typical shopping trip
The Adventures Of David And Connie-The Grocery Store!

By Shadowgate
................................................................

13-year-old David and eight-year-old Connie O'Connor were with their mother Linda heading to the grocery store. Linda told them as they pulled into the parking lot "you two better behave. I'll tell you it irritates me the way children behave in grocery stores these days."

When they enter the grocery store Linda grabs a basket.

They quickly move through the produce section and then the cereal aisle.

David commented "oh they have a new chocolate toast crunch cereal."

Connie replied "I want regular cinnamon toast crunch."

David mimics her "I want regular blah."

Connie yelled "Shut up David!"

Linda snapped "what did I say to both of you outside in the car?"

Connie said "yeah David."

Linda yelled "enough!"

Next they went over to the milk section.

Connie said she wanted chocolate milk. David replied "okay but don't get the store brand. You know that other brands are good."

Linda said "let's get a store brand David because $5 for a gallon of chocolate milk is a bit ridiculous."

Connie looks over at the magazine section and sees a Pop Magazine with Justin Bieber on the cover. She says she wants it and Linda asked if she had any money and Connie pulled out a $10 bill.

As Linda put eggs in the basket David said "mom let's get an extra carton of eggs so Connie and I can have a food fight."

Linda said "stop being silly David."
After hitting the meat department and then grabbing ice cream the O'Connor Family heads to the checkout stand.

The cashier said "I'm Melissa Dugan and I'll be your cashier today."

David asked "where did you get that black eye Melissa?"

Linda snapped "David!"

Melissa answered "my ex-boyfriend hit me. He's in jail now."

Connie said "my mom's sister, my Aunt Carmen just got out of an abusive relationship herself. My mom was happy when charges were pressed, she even said she hopes that in jail my Uncle Benjamin will be someone's bitch."

Linda shouted "Connie you don't need to repeat that." Everyone looked at Linda and her two kids and she was irritated by all the stares.

Once they got home Linda complained "I'm never taking you kids to the grocery store with me again."

THE END


© Copyright 2023 mattdeath (mcv3909 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2295436-The-Adventures-Of-DC-The-Grocery-Store