*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2296062-Corporate-Life-Personalities---Position
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Critique · Business · #2296062
What makes Personalities of People fit their Position.
I've been studying personalities (Briggs Meyers) and a few other attempts to figure out how certain folks 'tick', what gives them energy, what motivates them, and how they view the world. I cross referenced the corporate and insect world.

Now I lean into my own personality type and the way I view how these all are related.

I'm going to first state the generic 'buckets' for the type of job that exist:

Jobs:
Workers (The everyman)
Leads (The driven and experienced)
Supervisors/Managers/Executives (Getting Things Assigned and Done)
CEO/Owners (Architect / Dreamer / Clueless)

Personalities (or let's call them 'roles'):
Concrete (Soldiers) (Follow Procedures , Execute Work)
Helpers (They help others follow procedures, improve and boil them down)
Abstract (Pathfinders) (They have written the procedures, they know what works)
Resource Managers (They don't know procedure, they just know someone who does)

Now Assigning Jobs to Personalities
Workers
Good - Soldiers -- Need a little management, and little training to do their predefined paths
'Ok' - Pathfinders / Helpers (These types feel like they could do more, they get bored or concentrate on other work)
Bad - Resource Managers (They want to have others do their work)

Leads
Good - Pathfinders / Helpers - They look to help their workers, their business, they are abstract learners who don't like supervision and need very little of it.
Ok - Soldiers - They work their way up the chain to here and they are fine with filling this role.
Bad - Resource Managers (They start trying to be Supervisors and they don't enjoy the extra workload of a Lead)

Supervisors/Managers/Executives
Good - Helpers / Resource Managers - Helpers Manage People with Empathy, while Resource Managers are more towards their Unit reflecting themselves.
Ok - Soldiers - some are able to indeed lead their fellow workers, they usually do okay in their positions.
Bad - Pathfinders - They don't like being supervisors, they will generally like to get deep into work themselves

I will state however for those in the top positions, the CEO/Owners positions, I will reference back to my previous article, there is a few different sorts:

Hands-Off (Stamp of Approval)

Hands-On (Elon Musk / Steve Jobs)

Wanna Be (Managed to Ride the Elevator Here)





© Copyright 2023 Codemancer (alpodz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2296062-Corporate-Life-Personalities---Position