*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2296644-Rock-People
by Joseph
Rated: E · Draft · Fanfiction · #2296644
Short story from a different place
1168 words, 7/9/2019 [2/23/20] 5 PAGE
Joe Mark

Rock People
Like a flood, the Blenic Beings appeared, consuming everything in their path. Only a wasteland was left behind them. There is no one alive to remember exactly when it began.

There is no authority over these evil, greedy beings that are feeding on our world. Leaving behind nothing of any value. There are so many of them. Like a plague of locusts with a hunger that could not be satisfied.

At first, some tried to defend our world. They were extinguished as quickly as they engaged. It was said that the Blenics didn't even notice. There were so many. More with each day that passed. The land was quickly exhausted! Resources are used up. They showed no remorse. Only take, take, take more; use it all.

That's the way it's been since the Blenicks appeared. Those few families that went into hiding at the beginning are the only ones left. Those who wouldn't hide but tried to negotiate. Executed on the spot with the exception of the few they made into slaves, their memories were erased.

The decades and centuries passed, and finally, the ones in hiding slowly united. Together, they began to try to build a way of escaping. A few tried to spy from afar to gain very little intelligence. Surely they have some kind of weakness, if only we could find it. So hopeless, too, to only be able to observe in secret without the ability to engage.

The enemy's numbers were so many that we were like insects. They walked over us without even acknowledging our existence. They ravaged the land quickly. Surely they would leave after using up everything. What did they do with all the riches in our world?

Constantly, they stripped the land as they moved. They did not build any settlements. A constant moving force.

As the hidden survivors started to unite, we were forced to dwell on the land they had moved past and left nothing of any value or use. It was hard enough to find enough food to survive. Yet we survived.

“Hurry up guys, run! The Tron is about to leave!” “Damn it, Kandy, come on!. Don’t make us miss it. “I had to go back to help Kandy. I'll tell you, sometimes I wish I could get out of her spell. On the other hand, "damn, what a spell.”

Kandy was just average height. The only average thing about her. Perfectly proportioned. Beautiful deep blue eyes, shaped like an hourglass, were her body, and she had shiny, dirty blond hair down to her shoulders. Sweet as candy, she speaks with a low voice. To meet her, anyone would feel the hypnotic attraction of her aurora. She never had to hurry a day in her life. Why would she? Simply irresistible. In her presence, you find yourself drunk with the desire to please her.

Then there's her little sister, Annie. They could have passed for twins; you would just have to see her. Words unable to describe.

Oh, by the way. I'm Bo. My best friends Jin, Kandy, Annie and I are racing to catch the Tron. We have to escape this time. Our world is slowly disintegrating around us.

The Tron can transport us to a time before Blenic.
The Tron has returned 17 times since the final run, as it was declared. Damaging the time portal makes it more difficult each time. The fragile state of our world has caused a ripple effect on the timeline. The destination time has become more unstable and unpredictable. At least, that's what we were told. Anytime has got to be better than this, the end time. Most uniques' like us have already escaped. Finally, we should be able to get a seat if we can get there before it leaves.

“Damn, I made it!”

“ Hang on tight, we're taking off,” said a deep voice from under a 10 gallon top hat.

“Wait a second! Take a quick look. Don't you know them?” I exclaimed. It worked; the 10 gallon hat turned, looked, and stopped. He was entranced by the sexists girls he'd ever seen.

“Come aboard, ladies; plenty of time,” said conductor Hat.

“It sure is a good thing you are so pretty. I wish the world would slow down and wait for me that way.” I just had to say.

Anyway, finally, we can relax for a minute; we made it.

Suddenly! It feels like falling off the side of the world with the heaviest trunks of gold on our backs. Falling so fast and hard. It seemed like an eternity until finally crashing.

Sometime later, when I wake up, I find the big hat and the Tron gone. A dense, foggy mountain stream in the middle of nowhere. The strangest, helpless feeling was as if we were embalmed in concrete.

“Kandy, Annie, Jin, any of you around here.” I said.

Then I heard a very faint but familiar, sexy voice, distant and far away.
“I'm here, where are you?"

"Hey, I'm here too, guys. I can't see you, but I hear you; it sounds like you're right here.”

“Me too; we're all here together. Can't you tell what's going on? You've all been out a bit longer than I was.'' Jin said in a shivering, strange voice.

Minutes, days, and years passed by. We soon discovered. Deceived we had been, all of us. The Tron did not bring us back to a happy place, as they had claimed it would. We were still on the same planet, in the wilderness, for eternity. Existing as rock. Can not move, not that anybody can tell, a different dimension. We were rocks! Everyone who had come back is now stoned. Beautiful stones, I especially felt.

Ever so different yet eventually somehow we were all able to communicate in a certain way at least. They had not really lied. We were no longer hiding from the Blenics.

It was said the old wise one had turned us all into rocks for millennia. Until the day comes for the Rock people. We will be transformed and unleashed long after the Blenics and countless generations and dynasties have come and gone. We will be enabled to take our world back. Well, not our world. We will finally, as before, possess the ability to breathe, walk, talk, eat, sleep, live, and die. At long last, so says the prophecy.

Still, all we can do is get bits of entertainment now and then from watching you.

Every few hundred or so moons, a gifted one who is able to sense our existence will learn to pick up certain stones and admire their age and beauty. Knowing that like a book, so many stories want to be heard, unfortunately for some of the gifted ones, this usually results in insanity. Not being able to prove or interpret what they know to be true. Bewildered. One of these days I will grace the blue skies and breathe the fresh mountain air. Walk on land once more.

If ever you find yourself picking up a random stone for some unknown reason, look very, very close and listen to it. It might be me.


© Copyright 2023 Joseph (cuzzinjoe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2296644-Rock-People