*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2296858-He-Took-It
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #2296858
Apple Pie Surprise!
Otis is a mischievous little boy and today he didn't have to go far to find something he liked more than almost anything in the world and that was Mrs. Norton's famous apple pie. It was baking in the oven. The aroma was enough to drive him crazy. Otis knew Mrs. Norton would be setting her pie in the window to let it cool off. The perfect setup for him to steal it and run off and eat it before she could catch him. He didn't care that she was going to enter her pie in the Harvest Festival this afternoon. All Otis cared about was filling his belly with that pie. She wasn't his mommy and there was nothing she could do to him. Otis chuckled to himself and thought nice old ladies finish last. He knew she would suspect him, but he planned to eat all the evidence.

Otis waited and a hour later Mrs. Norton set the pie in the window and left the kitchen. Otis grabbed the pie and ran as fast as he could. He found a shade tree and quickly gobbled the whole pie down. Licked his fingers and then took a nap.

That afternoon he showed up at the Harvest Festival. He kept looking for Mrs. Norton. Then he heard a voice from behind him "I know you took it!"

He grinned.

To his surprise Mrs. Norton grinned too and said "you won't be grinning for long. That pie had enough Ex-Lax in it to keep you in the restroom all afternoon." That's when it hit him. He ran as fast as he could, but didn't quite make it to the restroom in time. Now everyone was laughing at him. The other apple pie Mrs. Norton had baked won first prize.
© Copyright 2023 JustinRock (jtroy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2296858-He-Took-It