*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2297012-My-Weird-Dreams
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Contest · #2297012
Blobs of Paint
         I had this dream in 1973, before I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. But looking back, I'm thinking my disorder might have had something to do with how weird it was.

         I'm with a small group of people in a wooded area with lots of trees and a river that flows into a swampy pond. We're walking on a dirt path that follows the river. Nobody is talking which I find a little strange. As we near the pond, a small gnome like creature jumps out a bushy area and tells us that we are trespassing and are now going to be cursed. He took out a old looking, wooden stick and pointed it at us, uttering words that I couldn't understand. All of a sudden our bodies were turned into blobs of paint that looked like the dried paint on a painters palate. All lumpy and mixed with red, blue, yellow, purple and green colors.

         I was horrified. To me that was the worst thing that could ever happen to me. Suddenly the scene changed again and myself and the other blobs of paint were on horses trying to find the creature, beg him to forgive us and give us our bodies back (how we were able to ride horses, is beyond me). We couldn't find him anywhere.

         We rode to the end of the woods and into a large field. Across the field there was another wooded area. I thought I saw the creature peeking out from behind one of the trees. I raced toward him, still on a horse. But the field kept getting bigger and bigger. As I started to panic, I looked down and saw that my hands were gradually coming back. By the time I finally reached the other side of the field, my entire body was back and so was everyone else's.

         That's when I woke up. I told my mother about my dream and she said that although my dream took things to the extreme, she felt that the blobs of paint represented the haircut I got the day before, which I hated. And that my body returning represented the fact that my hair would eventually grow back.

I thought that was a reasonable explanation. It definitely was better than thinking I was simply crazy!

In 1981. I told a psychiatrist this dream and he told me he wanted to see me once a week for at least two months. So much for not feeling crazy...LOL
© Copyright 2023 Sandyw1 (sandywlmt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2297012-My-Weird-Dreams