*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/315311-To-Him
Rated: ASR · Prose · Relationship · #315311
the ending of a long-term high school relationship (many years ago)
         I never knew I could feel love as infinite as time mixed with pain just as unending. It was perfect at first, too perfect. Bliss like that could not last. My heart is still yours but broken. Yet it could be mended easily by a look, a touch, an embrace. Those won't happen. You are hardly in my presence enough to give me even one of those things. Instead, everyday the pieces get more jagged. Soon they will be impossible to put back the way they were.
         It is hell knowing that forever might be like this, for I love you too much to take back the fragments to try to fix them on my own. However, it is because of this love that I cannot bear to live in a relationship that exists mostly in my imagination. My feelings are too pure to waste on fantasy.
         The most agonizing part is watching the space we shared together grow emptier as you slowly go your separate way. I'm losing you, I know it and there is nothing I can do.
© Copyright 2002 Vanillafire (vanillafire at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/315311-To-Him