*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/349725-Guardian-and-Protector
by Blakey
Rated: ASR · Article · Romance/Love · #349725
Two lovers fight together to keep the princess alive but there is a traitor in their midst
Two Souls intertwined from the beginning of time. Each such a part of each other that one cannot live without the other: the true definition of soul mates. Each willing to hand their life over: for the other to live. The Guardian: sworn to guard all and every life. The Protector: sworn to protect the Guardian. Both trained to do their job to the fullest.

Two of the greatest pairs, were also great lovers. Though to many this was not known. It was not looked highly upon for two females to be together in that way. It did not help matters that one was from an aristocratic family, the other from one of the ‘lower’ classes. The Guardian, wore cotton navy pants, spotless shiny black shoes, a navy tank, wore a navy jacket, and navy gloves. Against nothing but the night all that would show was the buttons on the front and cuffs of the jacket, as well as her head. Her hair was shoulder length and a magnificent colour of midnight blue. She stood at attention totally aware of her surroundings, her dark purple eyes darted back and forth professionally. She saw the two guards in the bush getting frisky, a guard at the other corner of the palace at attention, and behind her a few bugs crawling in the veins of the ivy, above her the princess gazing at the beautiful arrangement of stars, and ahead of her standing in her own position her Protector.

The woman stood at the edge of the palaces forest watching the surroundings around the Guardian; her love. Her hair was cut short much like the many male soldiers. It was a chestnut brown colour; she ran her long fingers through her hair to keep it from entering and obstructing her vision. Her brilliant marbled blue eyes darted from side to side of the Guardian, and then paused to breathe in her beauty. Her uniform consisted of the same style as the Guardians, but black, and wore running shoes. Her eyes narrowed as she felt the air become heavy. She tightened her jacket to keep herself from shivering. She felt eyes on her, as she looked over to meet the gaze of her love, her heart jumped to her throat. She was so entranced by those eyes that she kept her gaze on them. She saw her eyes go wide with horror and then felt the presence of hate behind her. Swiftly she turned and jumped out from the forest and saw the axe slice the tree in half. She gulped down the lump of fear in her throat and jumped back into the forest hope full the attacker would follow her and leave the Guardian alone.

Full of fear and worry the Guardian had the urge to see more and assure herself that her love was all right. She turned and climbed up the Ivy towards the princess who was also stricken with fear. Half way between the floor and balcony she turned back to look into the forest. Her heart stuck in her throat, she couldn’t see anything. Her well-trained eyes failed her this once. Below her stood the other guard waiting for her to come down. She studied him; he carried an unsheathed knife. She stayed in her position on the wall.

Running through the trees gracefully and with great speed was something she practiced regularly; she knew it would be a use-full skill. She could feel him hot on her trail. She saw a low branch and knew it was her chance. She reached up and pulled herself up on the tree. She sat and waited for her pursuer to go past. As he did she jumped on his back. Surprised by the attack he fell forward and straight onto his own axe. As a pool of blood formed, she stood up and analyzed what had happened.
“Huh…the irony of it all…” She said quietly as she ran her fingers through her hair again and darted quickly back to the palaces forest edge. She made it there quickly to see her love hanging on the Ivy looking out to the forest. She saw the princess calling down to her love for some reason. The ground carried a soldier with a knife in ready. She looked back up to her love, praying for her to look back.

Feeling eyes on her she gazed down that the forest edge and her heart leaped for joy. She wanted to jump down and run into her arms but with the soldier there it was impossible. Her heart ached, and her hands throbbed from gripping the Ivy so tightly. She started to slip due to the sweat on her hands. The guard watched with excited anticipation to drive the knife into his above victim.

The Protector took this opportunity and pulled out her sword and charged the unsuspecting soldier. Making sure she ran quietly and swiftly and caught the soldier off guard. She pushed him roughly into the palace wall. Stunned for only a moment the soldier than took a swipe at her. She jumped backwards, barely avoiding the knife. The two battled fiercely and furiously. After dodging a few of her attacks the soldier ran away.

The brunette looked up to her love who finally descended from the vines. The Guardian embraced her Protector and slightly wept into her. The brunette pulled away slightly and brought her love’s hands to inspect them.
“Meridian, your hands…” The brunette said gently touching the scratches that covered the hands of Meridian.
“They are fine Soujourn. Are you alright?” Meridian asked full of concern. Although the bond they shared told them everything, they still voiced their concerns.
“Yeah no worries on my part.” Soujourn replied and carefully and quickly wrapped Meridian’s hands in two separate pieces of cloth. “Is the Princess safe?”
“Yes, she is safe. He didn’t climb the Ivy.”

From above the Princess stood watching the two with narrowed envious eyes. She motioned with her hand for someone to move closer.

Soujourn and Meridian stood in the moonlight holding one another closely and protectively. Both aware of their surroundings, still very much fulfilling their duties to each other and the princess. Meridian placed a covered hand on Soujourn’s right cheek. The two shared a passionate deep kiss.

Behind them two eyes watched intently. The pair of eyes looked up to the Princess who nodded. The aim was taken carefully and slowly. The two lovers still locked on each other’s kiss felt the danger behind them. Soujourn quickly turned around, and stood protectively in front of Meridian. The shot taken, the arrow flew straight into Soujourn’s chest. Blood started to flow, although due to Soujourn’s dark uniform it could not be seen. Meridian let out a little scream of horror and held Soujourn in her arms.
The eyes moved along the edge of the forest and re-set another arrow and aimed straight for Meridian. Meridian broke the arrowhead off and quickly pulled the arrow through so Soujourn could be more comfortable. As Meridian began to weep while holding her love she felt a sharp pain in her chest. She looked down and to her horror was another arrow right through her. She continued to hold Soujourn. Soujourn mustered enough strength to look at her love and smile. Meridian followed through and did the same with this arrow. Crying out in immense pain she collapsed to the ground. Soujourn slowly went down to the ground to see her love. The two held each other affectionately. At first glance it would appear that the couple fell asleep in each other’s arms on the soft cool grass. The only thing that would give it away was the pool of blood circling around them. The princess looked down upon the two in complete disgust.
“You and your kind are not welcome in the palace.”


-----------
AN: please can i get comments and criticism please I'd really like to improve my writing...trust me I LOVE constructive cirticism..hehe ^_^ i'm odd.
© Copyright 2002 Blakey (mitsukai at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/349725-Guardian-and-Protector