*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/351862-Grandmas-Was-a-Simple-Faith
by Kenzie
Rated: E · Article · Religious · #351862
Grandma was so wise. Hers was a simple faith and I'm glad she passed it on to me.
Grandma's Was a Simple Faith
by Marilyn Mackenzie


Someone wrote, "Whether the memory was good or bad, the pages of my diary were all rosy." It could have been a play on words, of course. The diary might have actually had pages that were pink. But, it surely could have been a statement about my diary!

I watched Oprah once and loved the show about doing joy journals. I started one, writing each day about ten things for which I was thankful. Then, as I went back to my regular diary, I realized that it was already a joy journal. Even on pages where I had started to write about problems and complaints I had with the world around me, the ending was always about the blessings I had received - even from horrible people or events around me.

Ephesians 5:20
Always give thanks for everything in God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:18
No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Yes! These aren't things my church leaders taught me. They are things my grandma taught to me.

Grandma had such a simple faith. She also had only a grammar school education. But she loved the Lord, and her whole being showed (glowed actually) that she did. Once in a while, she started to feel sorry for herself that she hadn't gone further in school. But just as quickly as those thoughts came to her, she chased them away. "After all," she said, "because I have only a young child's education, I have but a young child's understanding of God. How glorious that is! For Jesus said we must become like children, and I have never left that state!"

My grandma was one of the wisest people I know. Hers was a simple faith. I'm so glad that she passed it on to me. Thanks, grandma. Will you bake sweet rolls for me when I get to Heaven?

© Copyright 2002 Kenzie (kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/351862-Grandmas-Was-a-Simple-Faith