*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/355911-Weakening-the-Control-of-Night
Rated: E · Prose · Arts · #355911
All Myth has a rudiment of fact and uses parable or satire to express it's meaning



The sole power of Night is his darkness.

The dark Night is content to blind you and not allow you to see all that is near, either threatening or soothing.

Night loves to feel your fear as it trickles from your brow and into your blind, wide open eyes.

Night knows you have witnessed enough during the day to imagine terrible evils that lurk behind the obsidian curtain of eventide.

But, just as everything must sometimes yield up their power, so too must brother Night.

There are still times when the power of nightfall is weakened by the simple maiden smiling.

It is the smile, reflecting the grace of the glorious Father of all, who can smite but not completely defeat Night.

Behold the Father's glorious daughter as she shyly peeks and then confidently rises to break the darkness of her brother's domain.

And the darknness of Night is shattered by Luna's triumphant rising.


[hope to insert image here]

© Copyright 2002 DyrHearte writes (dyrhearte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/355911-Weakening-the-Control-of-Night