*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/item_id/356593-The-Book-Of-The-Gods-Or-Tales-Of-Kemet
Rated: 13+ · Folder · Fantasy · #356593
Stories of the gods. Tales from Egypt. Original mythology.
TITLE: Various

GENRES: Various, mainly fantasy/mythology.

RATING: 13+ and below

SUMMARY: Back in high school, I wrote a series of stories, based on Egyptian mythology, compiled into a book called City Of The Sun. Three of those stories ("The Destruction Of Mankind" myth) will someday be turned into the new City Of The Sun novel. Two more of those stories dealing with Anubis were/are going to be incorporated into the novels Horus and Osiris. The remaining five stories were completely rewritten...and more have been added since then. Those stories--"Sobek & Hathor," "Kebehut," "I Shot An Arrow Into The Air...," "Sovereignty," and "The Price Of Forgetfulness"--are now presented here, along with the newer stories, for your reading enjoyment.

WRITING STATUS: Completed.

WRITING DATE: Various.

LENGTH: Various.

CONTENT WARNINGS: Various; please see individual items.

COPYRIGHT: These stories and all characters, unless otherwise stated in the Disclaimers, are copyright © tehuti_88 and may not be used or distributed without permission. The reader is free to print out or download a copy of these stories for offline reading as long as the author's copyright information remains upon them. Please do not distribute; if you wish to share these stories, send a link to this page.

DISCLAIMERS: Certain characters are from Egyptian mythology. Although aspects of these stories are loosely based on Egyptian mythology and culture, artistic license has been taken as these are FANTASY stories. Please take note that some of these stories were written long ago and that my writing style and understanding of the mythology I created have changed vastly in the meantime.

ADDITIONAL INFO: Fantasy Newsletter Feature Of The Month, April 2002 ("Sovereignty").

RELATED STORIES: "Horus (novel), "The Ameni Chronicles (serial--ADULT CONTENT), "Related Tales (short stories--ADULT CONTENT)

REVIEW REQUEST: The author greatly appreciates any reviews and comments, as these let me know that people are actually reading. Please do not assume that I must get lots of comments and don't need any more, or that you as a reader have nothing worth saying, as this is not so. Be aware that I am NOT seeking publication for these stories, and am not seeking literary criticism to improve my writing style, but am interested primarily in entertaining readers, so comments on plot, characterization, what the reader finds interesting or confusing, etc., are most appreciated. If you have any questions about anything in the writing feel free to ask.

CONTENTS: "Sobek & Hathor AKA Heart Of Clay || "Kebehut || "Coming Home || "Birth Of A God || "Escape || "Surrender || "She Is Yours || "Something In The Moonlight || "Secret Children || "'Tis Better To Have Loved || "I Shot An Arrow Into The Air... || "Apophis's Day On Earth || "Policy Of Truth || "Sovereignty || "The Price Of Forgetfulness || "Blind To Love || "The First Priestess Of Upuat || "Baby Love || "First Wife || "Challenge || "Two Brothers || "Obsession || "Another One Down || "Ihi & The Fish Of Ra || "City Of The Sun: Prologue || More to come

PORTFOLIO  
Portfolio -> Fiction -> The Book Of The Gods; Or, Tales Of Kemet
    Rated: 13+ · Mythology · #1136529
    "Amazing how such a little thing can cause such big trouble!" An original myth.
    Rated: 13+ · Comedy · #1129321
    Can putting all your heart into something be more trouble than it's worth?
    Rated: 13+ · Fantasy · #1124344
    Never underestimate the little guy...or his rival. An original myth.
    Rated: ASR · Drama · #1039038
    Sometimes, you have to dig a little deep to find the source of things...
    Rated: 13+ · Fantasy · #1001917
    Who would have the gall to challenge the sun god himself? An original myth.
    Rated: 13+ · Fantasy · #424422
    In with the new wife--out with the old? An original myth.
    Rated: 13+ · Fantasy · #422068
    Here comes Love--dressed in a quiver and diapers! An original myth.
    Rated: 13+ · Fantasy · #414498
    What it means to be the chosen one. An original myth. Mildly adult subject matter.
    Rated: ASR · Fantasy · #410708
    Is it love that's blind? Or those who love? An original myth.
    Rated: 13+ · Fantasy · #408797
    What if the enemy of your enemy...is an angry god bent on revenge? An original myth.
    Rated: 13+ · Fantasy · #376135
    Despair can lead to drastic acts...but what do THEY lead to? An original myth.
    Rated: 13+ · Fantasy · #374897
    The son of the sun, the daughter of the moon; two children--one destiny.
    Rated: 13+ · Fantasy · #363827
    He was taught to always be truthful. Now, that lesson is tested...an original myth.
    Rated: 13+ · Fantasy · #359209
    When hatred is given a face. An original myth. Adult subject matter.
    Rated: ASR · Fantasy · #357446
    Love is a dangerous thing...especially in the wrong hands! An original myth.
    Rated: ASR · Fantasy · #353595
    Once you've felt it, it's hard to let go...as Hathor learns. An original myth.
    Rated: 13+ · Fantasy · #348677
    A friend vows to bring back what was lost long ago. An original myth.
    Rated: 13+ · Fantasy · #309602
    What can bring fear to the fearless?...or is this feeling fear at all? An original myth.
    Rated: 13+ · Fantasy · #308760
    She came late one night, with an offering... An original myth.
    Rated: 13+ · Fantasy · #308036
    A captain agonizes over which he should choose: his king, or the one chosen by destiny...
    Rated: 13+ · Fantasy · #304039
    He came from nowhere. Who is he? What horrors did he endure? An original myth.
    Rated: 13+ · Fantasy · #302407
    A mother gives up her child, in order to save him...an original myth.
    Rated: 13+ · Fantasy · #301178
    Waiting for one who is lost to return. An original myth.
    Rated: 13+ · Fantasy · #280535
    What happens when the god of death falls in love...with a mortal? An original myth.
    Rated: ASR · Fantasy · #255895
    What happens when the goddess of love doesn't WANT to fall in love? An original myth.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/item_id/356593-The-Book-Of-The-Gods-Or-Tales-Of-Kemet