*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/365566-The-Man-of-my-Dreams
by Bernie
Rated: ASR · Prose · Romance/Love · #365566
Only time will tell when we meet and all else ceases to exist
As I sit here, I think of him. I don't think of how he'll look as much as I think of how he'll make me feel.

I know that when I find him, and he has his arms around me, I'll never want to leave because I'll feel so safe and content, knowing that I'll never have to leave.

He'll do anything to make me smile because he has fallen in love with it and wouldn't ever want me to frown.

We don't even have to be together to hold each other because our minds, our hearts, our souls will be together for always.

He'd be the type of man that likes to show that he can still impress me without acting like an idiot, and bringing me things to show that he cares without feeling like someone will find him doing it, knowing that he doesn't care.

He'll have the most beautiful eyes, ones that I could stare in forever, and the smile that will make all my bones melt into a puddle on the ground.

His touch will send shivers through out my body. One kiss will make my mind go numb, my thoughts will cease to exist and my heart will lead, telling my body what to do, how to respond. Shocks of electricity will shoot through my veins. Explosions of color will dance through my mind, more beautiful, more intimate then any fireworks.

This man of my heart will be a child at heart, being one with the children, knowing how to love, to play, to care, without any real experience, because it's built within him, because at heart, he is still a child.

Seventy years from now, I will still consider him my white knight. I will still feel safe in his arms, I will still melt at his smile, and one touch will send electricity through my nerves. He will still try to impress me, to show me off to all of his friends, to show that I'm his girl. He will still look at me thank God that I'm there with him.

How will I know when I find him? Oh, once we talk either in life or on the net, we'll know. Once we meet our minds, souls, and hearts will be forever bonded together. Nothing matters on the looks, etnicity, skin color, I'll know. Because love doesn't choose what he'll look like, whether he's African or Native, whether he has brown hair or blue, whether he's into heavy metal or country, whether he's Jewish or he's Christian.

Love chooses its soul mate by finding that who fits him perfectly. When two soulmates locate each other, they are forever branded with each other. They are together whether they are in each other's arms or they are opposite of each other on the globe. For, they are never truly alone, for they are together, their love for each other keep them company.

My soul mate is out there. Only time will tell when we meet. When we do we will have all the time to get to know each other, but the love will already be there.

As I sit here, I think of him. I don't think of how he'll look as much as I think of how he'll make me feel.
© Copyright 2002 Bernie (msbiggs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/365566-The-Man-of-my-Dreams