*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/379547-The-Vampires-Curse
Rated: E · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #379547
My entry in Alyndria's Vampire story contest.
The devil looked over his creations. They were nearly ready to unleash on the Earth. That useless environment that God cherished so much. Well the Devil knew that he could make better creations than God and he intended to prove it. His creations would destroy the Earth and God's creations and would become forever the rulers!

In front of him stood his three stooges. The Dragon; master of the sky and ruler of the clouds. The Werewolf; Hideous man-beast with the potential for stealthy penetration of humankind. And the Vampire; creature of the night, intelligent and immortal.

The Devil looked at his servants. He had but three gifts left to share between them. And he proposed a challenge for them to receive these last gifts from their maker. They all waited patiently for their master to speak. The Devil looked down on them from his throne and was pleased by their loyalty.

"My creations," he boomed "I have but three gifts left to offer you. As a challenge to prove your worthiness of these gifts you must go to the surface and bring me back one human. Dead or alive. Go."

The three creatures left the confines of Hell for the first time and headed for the surface. The Devil waited for their return. His loyal creations would do him proud and he would bestow upon them the greatest gifts.
He considered his creations. The Dragon was by far the most beautiful of the three. It's scales reflected the light in such beautiful colours. He may have been evil but the Devil appreciated real beauty.

The Werewolf was a fine beast too, but not in the same league as the dragon. Its most fascinating feature was its dual species. It walked like a man but had the cunning of a wolf. The Devil decided that he would grant his werewolf the ability to change between man and wolf. This would make it an effective killing machine but would also enable it to infiltrate the human race with ease. Yes, this idea appealed indeed.

Now the vampire was the Devil's favourite. It was not beautiful and it was not graceful but it was smart. It looked human but shared the same passions as its maker. It could kill and it could recreate its own kind. The Devil especially appreciated the skill with which the vampire could change humans into vampires.

The first to return was the giant dragon. He held the body of a fully grown man between his teeth. The man was still alive and screaming in agony. The dragon dropped the body onto the ground before his master.
The Devil was delighted by the work of his creation.
"Well done fine beast." He appraised "Because you were the first to return I grant you the power to breath fire!"

The Devil waved his hand and the dragon let out a roar of fire which fried the man on the ground. The dragon let rip a few more blasts to demonstrate his new skill before his master.
"Go to the surface and cause chaos!" Roared the Devil with an evil laugh.

The dragon flew away. The devil sat back in his throne, happy with this outcome.


The second to return was the werewolf. He dragged behind him the dead body of a fully grown woman. Dropping it before his master he looked up for his reward.
"Well done." Congratulated the Devil "Because you were second to return I grant you the ability to change between human form and wolf form."
The werewolf demonstrated his new skill before his master
"Go! Create chaos on Earth!" Roared the Devil, his laugh hideous enough to break glass.

The Devil believed that his last creation, the vampire, was his best and would return with the greatest prize.
The vampire finally returned. He dragged behind him the dead body of a sheep. The Devil looked on in amazement. His best creation had taken hours only to return with a sheep!

"What is this!?" The Devil roared angrily "Why do you insult me by bringing back a sheep!?"
"My lord," replied the vampire meekly "The sun was up and I would have died had I not spotted this animal and returned quickly."
"Where have you been all of this time!?" The Devil shouted
"I found a magic piece of glass on my way back. It showed me the finest looking vampire I have ever seen." explained the vampire
"But I only created one of you! You foolish creature, you mean to tell me that you have spent the last hours looking at your reflection!?"
"Is that what it was? My I'm handsome." The vampire blushed
"For your vanity I will strip you of your reflection forever!" Screamed the Devil "I don't want to see you again! Get out of my sight before I turn you to dust!"

... And so that's how the vampire came to lose its reflection.
© Copyright 2002 The One (gavinstevens at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/379547-The-Vampires-Curse