*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/401740-A-Memory
Rated: ASR · Non-fiction · Teen · #401740
Something that happened to me a few years ago, and I can still play it over in my head.
A Memory

The whole world is dark, you can almost see the tip of the sun beginning to rise. It is early spring and the morning air is cool and crisp, but I cannot feel it. I am in a van, on my way to swim practice. The heat from the vent is gently blowing on my face. Sitting next to me is Hannah, a girl with bright red curly hair, pulled back into a bright ponytail. Sitting in the front is Josh, a tall, scrawny guy, with messy blond hair. The driver is their dad, Mr. Lauredson, a big man, with curly blond hair that is thinning on top. Everyone is talking in normal conversation. I am tired, but peaceful. We are approaching Dartmouth, when I see a small, dark animal, dart out from the woods on the other side of the road, and begin to sprint across the road. I’m not thinking much, as it is only 5:00 in the morning. I simply assume that Mr. Lauredson has seen it. We are approaching quickly. I guess he thinks it’s fast enough to get across the road before we get there, as he does not slow down. To my horror, the front right tire goes over a large bump. Everyone goes silent. The feeling and energy drains away from me, and I don’t know what to do. My stomach gets an awful feeling, and there are tears in my eyes. Silence. We drive on, Mr. Lauredson has no intention of stopping.
© Copyright 2002 Glitterbug (glitterbug at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/401740-A-Memory