*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/404391-Olivias-Horse-Sense
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #404391
a proud parent'a story, a brave little girl

My daughter, 8 years old, riding now for 11 months, was in her first riding competition. How excited she was when she woke up .She chose to have Wheaties that morning because she said" that's what all the sport stars eat before they do sports." I thought that was cute! *Delight*

When we arrived all the children were in their riding clothes, all nervous! They all looked so sweet! Olivia changed, and looking so cute in her helmet, ,jodhpurs, and riding gear, we headed off to the arena. *Kiss*

In she rode through the gate and around the first obstacle. How she rode her horse, Muffet, with such gentleness, yet firmness, in total control. First she trotted, then cantered. She bounced up and down in that saddle like she was born there. All the other parents were asking " Who's that little girl". " She is really good! " My chest swelled up with pride, my eyes with tears, as I replied "that's my little girl!" At that moment how grown she appeared to be. *Heart*

She continued riding, her eyes never leaving their mark. At the finish she rode, back straight, hands gripped perfectly on the reins,stopped exactly on her line in front of the judges, bowed as instructed in training, turned and strode out through the gate.

Everyone was clapping and cheering. It was an awesome moment! *Laugh*

Olivia came in fourth place out of a possible ten. She was so content with herself. It was great! *Blush*

She later told me she was so nervous that her belly was growling and she hoped nobody could hear it. You would have never known that by watching her. What a professional she was!

I know sometimes our children are trying , but these are the moments when we are truly reminded that are children are a blessing from god.

I wanted to share this story with my new reader friends at Writing.Com.

I hope you enjoyed reading my story as much as I enjoyed sharing it.
*Star*
© Copyright 2002 PETTIECOOL (pettiecool at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/404391-Olivias-Horse-Sense