*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/408192-Alisza-of-the-Future-Chapter-Three
Rated: E · Fiction · Sci-fi · #408192
Cosmic creatures are on their way to Earth. Will Alisza be able to save the planet?
Alisza of the Future Chapter Three
A Cosmic Dilemma

The clouded image became clear. It was Lani, a twenty-seven year old woman of extraordinary, goddess-like beauty. Her long, silky hair had an illustrious shine. Her flawless skin and elegant charm are only some of the attributes typical of the people five hundred years from now. Something was wrong. Lani seemed to be greatly fearful. She began to speak. "Alisza, my people are in grave danger and you might be the only glimmer of hope for our continued existence."

"Me? Lani, of course I will do whatever I can to help, but what can I possibly do to save an entire civilization?"

Lani paused before she answered to wipe a few tears from her distressed eyes. It's remarkable to know that she is only in the room with me through a projection in my mind. A now composed Lani continued with her troubled thoughts. "We are faced with an overwhelmingly unfortunate dilemma, but let me try to explain. My people cast extremely strong brain wave frequencies, as you can imagine. Those frequencies caught the attention of an enormous group of cosmic creatures that are now advancing toward our planet. We have learned from friendly alien contacts that these creatures travel throughout the universe in the form of energy. When they encounter a planet with a large supply of oxygen, they land to rest, similar to the way migrating birds would. Once comfortably on the planet, the oxygen causes the creatures to change from energy to matter. They continue to utilize the oxygen until it is depleted, which should not take long because these large creatures number into the billions. When all of the oxygen is gone, they leave to continue their journey through the universe. Our scientists, along with our alien friends, have determined that there is no way to counteract this action. It is impossible to replenish an amount of oxygen of that magnitude. Even if that had been a feasible idea, the creatures would not leave with the oxygen still here. Besides, their mass numbers are enough to crush everything on the planet."

I was trying to comprehend everything that Lani was saying to me, but her words left me thunderstruck. Finally, I remarked. "Is there anyway to destroy them?"

Lani answered in an excited voice. "That is absolutely out of the question. These creatures don't intentionally mean to cause any harm, and violence does not exist in my civilization. Our people don't even have any weapons of destruction. I have a better plan..."

go to "Alisza of the Future, the Conclusion
© Copyright 2002 Maryann - House Martell (mhicks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/408192-Alisza-of-the-Future-Chapter-Three