*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/413237-Alisza-of-the-Future-the-Conclusion
Rated: E · Fiction · Sci-fi · #413237
The chapter that everyone has been asking for is here at last!
Alisza of the Future
The Conclusion

The last time that I was contacted by Alisza was ten years ago. I can only conclude that the plan worked. Alisza told me all about the terrible tragedy that was about to befall upon the civilization that Lani lived in. They devised a plan together that would prevent the menacing cosmic creatures from finding Earth. Basically, the plan was for me to make sure that brain wave technology never happened. I will never forget Alisza's last words. "Sarah, it is all up to you".

I immediately put the plan into action by making my daughter promise to discourage anyone in our family line from ever entering the field of science. That could be accomplished with extraordinary ease because we became extremely wealthy almost overnight. In one of my conversations with Alisza, she told me of a stock that was about to rise. My husband and I always wanted to invest in the stock market, but we kept putting it off. We decided to put a generous amount of money into the stock that Alisza recommended, and we were shocked at the outcome. All of our descendants will be forever rich because of Alisza.

I presented my daughter with her own floral business as a college graduation gift. She has done very well with the business, and now has a popular chain of shops. We decided that any of our lineage would continue in the floral business, or would be encouraged to study architecture. Also, money would be put in a fund to be given to each person on the medical team with Alisza's father if they would become an architect. The plan must have worked. I wonder what Alisza is doing now!

***

As I stare at the sign, "Flowers by Alisza", I can hardly believe that this is my very own building! My father surprised me with it for my eighteenth birthday. He is a very busy, world renown architect, yet he took the time out from his work to design this magnificent building for me. He and his team are working on a tall, office building complex. The fourteenth floor of each building is a grand shopping mall, that is linked together by sky ways. The complex will look majestic when it is finished. My father has a great team. What a waste of talent it would have been if they did not become architects. Someone had the foresight to grant each of them ten million dollars on their eighteenth birthday if they would study architecture. It's strange how things work out. I wonder what the future will bring?

***

My quarters are known as 'Lani Quarters'. One of my ancestors put a large amount of them into a family time capsule with specific instructions not to open it until five years ago. It was perfect timing for me because I own a museum. The quarters are actually just what I always wanted! Everything has been going well for me. It's a beautiful, peaceful world that we live in!
© Copyright 2002 Maryann - House Martell (mhicks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/413237-Alisza-of-the-Future-the-Conclusion