*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/417255-Night
Rated: ASR · Prose · Supernatural · #417255
Come share my world...
Night has fallen once again, I greet it as a welcome friend and not as the hated enemy it has become. I welcome it into my home through the open windows, lighting no lights with which to frighten it away, I no longer fear the night. It is not because my mother told me that there is nothing there in the dark that is not there in the light because that is a lie. My fear is no longer because I know those things that rise at night. They, like I, fear the light, as should all. The light bestows a false peace. Nothing will happen while the light shines, they say. Fools. I have seen more terror under a blazing Sol than I shall ever witness under the luminance of the Lune.
With the last strands of twilight buried beneath the horizon, the dance begins anew. They seep from everywhere - the trees, the ground, at times the very air. They long for laughter, for joy, for bliss. They will find it. They always do.
Mostly they stay outside - they like the freedom of the midnight sky - but at times the braver ones come into my room. They taunt me. I know not if that is their desire. Regardless. I cannot join them much as I long to. Therein has my hatred been born. But it is not a killing hatred it is envy. As much as they envy me I would imagine. I can touch where they cannot. Still, they see things that I can only dream of. They are partakers of a hidden knowledge that I would uncover, Alas, I cannot. We are forbidden to speak, the night and I. The creed written by Nature has separated us for the crimes we commit against her. Sadly I agree with her.
And so the dance continues through the night. And I watch, helpless. The dawn will come and we will all flee, but I know that I will find them tomorrow under the watchful eye of my sister moon.

The Forgotten.
© Copyright 2002 The Forgotten (canuk_goose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/417255-Night