*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/426450-My-Last-Day-On-Earth
Rated: ASR · Essay · Contest · #426450
How would I spend my last day on earth? Easy!
How would I spend my last day on earth?

If I had the choice, and let's say I do, I would spend the day with my children and grandchildren. I would hold them very close and tell them how much I love them. We would walk together and talk about memories, and how they should never feel sorrow at my leaving, because I am going home to be with God and that I will be watching over them always.

I would smell the flowers and the fresh air and watch the sunrise and sunset. I would relish the smell of a fresh baked apple pie and taste the wonder of strawberries!

I would write a few notes to my friends, telling them goodbye and how much I enjoyed their friendship through the years. I would look through old photos and smile when I see some of the man I loved for so many years. I would hang on to those memories as long as I could.

I would kiss the cheek of any teary-eyed grandchild and tickle them until they smiled.
I would sing a song or two, or play some of my favorite music. I would chase away any pain that I see in others, bandage a bruised knee, kiss away a hurt, "lend" a dollar to a teen, and listen to what they have to say.

I would go out smiling. I would read my Bible and say a few prayers. I would ask my family to go have a snack or get some rest. I would go to sleep, a much needed sleep, and dream.

© Copyright 2002 COUNTRYMOM-JUST REMEMBER ME (countrymom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/426450-My-Last-Day-On-Earth