*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/433045-Reality-Check-2
Rated: E · Column · Career · #433045
Had a bad day at work and need to put it in perspective? You might want to read this.
It has been a day like no other and you are amazed that you actually survived another day. The boss presented millions of impossibilities that you managed to overcome to finish the assignments just in the nick of time.

You went to eat lunch and someone had helped himself or herself to your lunch, there was nothing left for you to eat, and even worse they took your treasured can of pop. The lunch break that was originally 30 minutes has dwindled to 15 minutes as you debate the merits of running to a fast food kiosk and grabbing a bite to eat.

There is no way that you would be able to make it to the fast food joint and back in time to eat, you would be pushing it to take a trip to the washroom and try to squeeze a cup of cold coffee from the pot that holds thickened liquid that you can only assume to be coffee, it does smell like it. As you go to pour the coffee into your mug you discover that there isn’t even half a cup for you to drink and someone left the cream out of the fridge and it has gone sour.

Shaking your head you move towards your desk feeling ever so slightly defeated and victimised. The morning was busy enough, but that would be nothing compared to the schedule for the afternoon. Not only do you need to finish the revisions on the project due two hours ago, you need to track down the missing documentation that you provided your boss first thing that morning.

Somehow you manage to make it through the day and are ready to go home. You get to spend an hour in a traffic jam making your daily commute an hour and a half. When you get home you find the dog has discovered feather pillows and has learned to pluck the bird so to speak.

If you could use a reality break it would be now. The reality is that we have all had bad days and if we learn to laugh about them we feel better sooner. The negative energy does not stay with you and that results in being able to be both happy and healthy. When you need a reality break go into the kitchen and pour yourself your favourite beverage and then sit down with your feet up for half an hour, don’t move. Just savour the flavour of your beverage and picture it washing away the troubles of the day.
© Copyright 2002 hbalmerca (hblamerca at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/433045-Reality-Check-2