*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/433051-Reality-Check-3
Rated: E · Column · Career · #433051
Do people constantly complain to you? Do you do the same thing to others?
Administrative staff often hears complaints and in return complain to their co-workers, about the conditions at work or other clients or coworkers that are making their work lives extra difficult. Now for a little reality check, if you engage in this type of behaviour, are you not supporting the very actions that you were condemning only moments before to your colleagues?

People, by their very nature, are different and as a result there is no tried and true method of determining how people should act when in a work situation. If you remember that some people will spend long hours at work netting very low productivity results, while others spend little time at their desks or after hours and manage to produce three times the work that the first group of people produced.

Reality check, I am not you and you are not I. When we spend time worrying about another’s productivity or avoidance of policy and procedure, we serve only to reduce our ability to produce the desired results.

Reality check, there will always be someone with whom you do not agree. Work is a four-letter word that can have serious affects on those who hear it, especially when the individuals spend too much time focusing on the unimportant aspects of work and the work environment.

Finally, the most important part of this reality check is remembering that you are the only person you need be concerned about. If you are willing to give it 100% everyday, in other words, you are willing to give it your best, then you will need all the energy and focus you can get. If you find yourself becoming embroiled in discussions about others remind yourself that you may very well be the topic of conversation in another time or place. It would feel so much better and be far more productive if you politely excuse yourself and return to your desk.
© Copyright 2002 hbalmerca (hblamerca at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/433051-Reality-Check-3