*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/460074-VENGEANCE
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #460074
Held against his will, can Chance survive this menacing creature.
I recently revised this story, so please let me know what you think.



The wind pelted his face, stinging his eyes and whipping through his hair. The ominous cloud that had lingered for so long overhead finally offered herself like a virgin. Chance raised his head up toward the sky, gulping greedily at each laden drop he managed to capture with his mouth. His torn body soaked up the moisture like a sponge, sending steam clouds rising from his fevered skin. Shivers ravaged his frail body as he struggled against the ropes that held his arms behind his back, painfully slicing into his wrists.
A thunderous lightning strike severed the darkness and sent him stumbling to the ground. His mind reeled in fright. Chance cried out as he felt a sharp pain tear at his wrists. He whipped his head around when he saw a movement beside him and realized his captor had caught up with him.
"Damn you," Chance yelled out at the silhouette glaring at him. The flash of another lightning bolt illuminated the shape in a frightening instant. Chance drew in a breath in shock as he saw the grotesque mask of a monstrosity, features not unlike a wolf. Drool from enormous incisors splashed the ground below its feet. Sharp canines protruded beyond the yaws. Its terrifying shape send Chance rolling to his side, desperate to escape his impending doom.

Towering above Chance, the creature appeared to be at least seven feet tall. Its human like limbs covered in coarse black hair, raised toward the sky, grasping a sword in its claws. Chance closed his eyes and ducked his head as he surrendered before the fatal blow.

The echoes of thunderous lightning strikes reverberated through Chance's body and send him hugging the ground. Darkness rendered to lightning as Chance heard a horrific scream and ripped his head up. The hideous creature stood there, transfixed, its red glowing eyes widened in shock. The discharge from a thunderbolt touched the sword, sending electricity surging through its body. When finally released, the beast slumped to the ground in a veil of smoke.
Chance struggled to his feet and shuddered as he stared at the smoldering heap of flesh on the ground.
An inhuman laugh escaped Chance's mouth, as he stood there in the cold rain, until another lightning strike startled him from his trance. Chance took off running into the darkness of the woods, searching for help to free him from his restrains.



Check out my newest, published mystery novel:
LOOK INTO THE EYES OF EVIL by P.K. PARKER
I switched publishing houses! The new edition is now available only on www.ebay.com
My seller name is peach1212
Thank you!
© Copyright 2002 P.K. PARKER (peaches2002 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/460074-VENGEANCE