*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/470471-my-childhood-friend
by sis
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Friendship · #470471
childhood friends find each other after forty years.
My Childhood Friend.
Once i had this childhood friend.Penny was her name.We lived in a little town on the outskirts of Lexington N.C.We were best friends.

It was so much fun getting up in the mornings and Playing Ball,Jack Rocks, and Jumprope. But what we loved best was going to the neighborhood Grocery Store with a handful of Pennys we bought a little brown bag of chubbys. there were six in a pack.We hurried home where we sat in the grass and shared them.

We said one for you and one for me until the last chubby was shared equal.
Then came the day when Penny moved away. I was sad. I missed my best friend so much. I thought of her often as the years went by.I kept on wishing I could see or hear from her again. But one day my husband and i went out to eat where another of our friends work and she came over and told me she had heard from Penny. I gave her my email and now we are back in touch remembering the good old days. Which proves all sadness has a happy ending if you wait upon the lord.
© Copyright 2002 sis (tenderhearty at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/470471-my-childhood-friend