*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/487881-Big-Jar-Of-Love
by Kings
Rated: E · Article · Action/Adventure · #487881
When I was 16 I worked in Ohio, but I really missed my family in Kentucky.

"Big Jar Of Love"

When i was 16 I got a job cutting grass for a rich man who lived in Ohio. He lived in a big mansion with a lot of land. All of it had to be mowed everyday in the summer months.

I lived with my older sister and her husband there when I was cutting grass. Sometimes I would have to wait for 2 or, 3 weeks before I was able to visit my family home in Kentucky.

I had 5 brothers and, 2 sisters still living at home with Mom and Dad. I missed them very much while I was working in Ohio. They also missed me their big brother too. We were a very close loving family.

After working a couple of months at my job. I began to save my pocket change mostly pennies. So I put my lose coins in a big jar for safe keeping. After saving them for a couple of months the jar became full.

That is when I thought of my great idea. the next time I went home I would take the big jar of pennies with me.
The following weekend I went home to Kentucky and, I took the jar of coins with me. I was going to really surprise my little brothers and, sisters.

After we all hugged each other and, said hi! I uncovered the big jar of pennies for them to see! They became real excited about the jar of pennies right away. My 2 sisters were the youngest in the family so I let them be first. I told them to reach in the jar and, get as many pennies as they could hold in their hand. Then I let my youngest brother go next. All of them reached in the jar from the youngest to the oldest. They were so happy they grab me and, hugged me and, told me they loved me.

I loved my younger brothers and, sisters very much. I missed them a lot when I was away from them working in Ohio. I took the big empty jar back to Ohio with me to fill it again with pennies.

I really enjoyed my job cutting grass that summer for that nice rich man. I will never forget the big Apple orchard and, lake he had on his property. I had to cut the grass around both of them too. At lunch time I would go back among the Apple trees where it was so cool and, eat.

That summer was the first time I had spent any long time away from my family. I had no idea I would love and, miss them that much.

I am much older now but, I will never forget the time I brought the big jar of pennies home to Kentucky. For all my brothers and, sisters to fill their hands and, share.

By: Kings
© Copyright 2002 Kings (tazzy1228 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/487881-Big-Jar-Of-Love