*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/500532-Shenadoahs-Waterfall
Rated: E · Prose · Nature · #500532
Poem of a beautiful site in Shenodoah Valley.
My wife and I enjoying vacation time years ago, had traveled to the mountain area of Shenadoah.
Beautiful blue-capped mountains all around.
Another surprise of nature was a beautiful waterfall.
Sun shines into the waterfall displaying the colors of the rainbow.
At night, a full moon shines upon the waterfall making it look, in a way, ominous, yet strikingly different.
In my imagination, I see an Indian.
Chief Black Wing in his canoe going under the waterfall which meets a spring.
As his canoe travels, he hunts or fish for his family.
Behind him, Chief Black Wing, sees the waterfall.
In Winter, the sping's water becomes very cold to the touch and to the taste of those who wish to drink.
The waterfall remains flowing.
Above that, the blue sky blankets the area in vivid color of blue and white.
Alongside, and around, as we traveled, the Fall leaves of color were blowing, descending below out of sight.
Today's traffic in such a beautiful area misses the glory of such a place for it has much to offer the passers-by as they see nature's wonder of color.
© Copyright 2002 Silverindian (silverindian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/500532-Shenadoahs-Waterfall