*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/504143-I--FOUND--A-HOME
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Contest · #504143
Written for Ricky's Granny's Stories.Com Appreciation Contest

I found a home at Stories.com. I was introduced by a friend to the site and have spent the better part of this past year writing my heart out, to people who read, care, and offer suggestions.

It's like opening the door to the aroma of fresh baked apple pie. You don't want to leave until you've sat awhile, and had a helping of that pie!

The friends I have made here are the ice cream topping on that pie - they have been my support, my courage, my faith that there is still good in the world today.

I can never say enough about Storymaster and Storymistress, who have created this wonderful site and have constantly worked to make it even better. I think they take as much pride in each of us as they do in anything they've done, for the number of members and number of literary works are staggering. You know that they are supporting your creativity and encouraging you to be the best you can be. Thank you, both, and may you forever walk in sunshine!

Special thanks to rickysgranny for all her encouragement and support! This lady is a morale booster if I ever met one! She's the one who sets the table and cuts that piece of pie for you!
Always offering support to newcomers, she has been such a blessing to many!

My thanks to Nemesis who introduced me to this site; to monty who has become my best friend and co-author of our upcoming book!;
to James A. Osteen Jr. who now just calls me "mom";
to each and everyone who has been there to support me in my writing!

I started just posting a few poems, and before I knew it I was upgraded to yellow case! With that under my belt, I started making up forums and contests, which added to my delight and time here at Stories.com! It was then that I chose the butterfly to adorn my yellow case, since it is a symbol to me of change and growth. I hope that I have been able to encourage and support other writers. Kind of like passing the pie along, it is a joy to be able to award gift points and give praise where it is due.

When I was upgraded to blue case, it was like a second helping of that delicious pie! I was surprised, speechless (not really!) and very honored!

Yes, I found a home. Here at Stories.com - and I am not moving...ever!

My sincere thanks to all for the happiness you have let into my life, and I forgive you for the extra pounds I've put on with all that pie!

As I put away my plate, thanking my host and hostess (Storymaster and Storymistress), before leaving I say:
"May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back -
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand."

An old Irish blessing I am sure you are familiar with, but spoken with true feeling for my extended family at Stories.com.

Thank you - and God bless!


© Copyright 2002 COUNTRYMOM-JUST REMEMBER ME (countrymom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/504143-I--FOUND--A-HOME