*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/512953-Part-10--Vengeance
Rated: XGC · Serial · Adult · #512953
Ameni and Thi'usa exact a brutal revenge on their assailants...
DISCLAIMER: Nonconsensual scene(s).


Note: This item has been rewritten and edited. All text in rose is BRAND NEW MATERIAL for this chapter of the story. In addition there are many minor changes to the original text itself. Please enjoy this new, expanded version of Part 10 and be on the lookout for updates to the next parts!



THE SOUNDS OF birds singing, voices chattering, and hooves clopping by faintly met Ameni's ears as he drifted toward consciousness.

He dragged his eyes open. At first he could make out nothing but a grayish gauzy expanse, before realizing he was staring out through a canopy. He blinked in confusion before feeling somebody's arm across his own and sat up with a gasp, looking around himself.

The tent of the robber Kana was nowhere to be seen. The canopy was instead that of a large ornate bed, upon which he and Thi'usa had been sleeping. The Moru still lay beside him, his breath slow and easy. His tail twitched every so often, but aside from that he didn't move.

Ameni let out his breath as his memories of the previous night returned to him. He put a hand to his head. Such a strange situation to be in. Straight from one strange band of Kana, to another. It was true that neither Captain Mahakhi nor any of his men had treated them poorly in the least, but still...he didn't know these Kana, and that made him uneasy.

He turned to look to his left and saw a courtyard open to the sleeping quarters, columns flanking its entrance. The blue waters of the pool lapped softly at its edges and lotuses drifted upon its surface. He stared at this with longing; he hadn't even had a chance to clean up, before joining Mahakhi in his quarters. He gingerly sniffed at himself and grimaced with distaste. He must look awful, as well.

A slight noise from the other side of the room made him gasp and jerk again, whirling around. He shrank back in on himself when he saw a shadowy figure making its way toward the bed. His hand started snaking through the sheets, seeking anything that could be used as a weapon but finding nothing; the shadow stopped just behind the drapes and to his surprise it spoke.

"Are you decent?"

Ameni blinked. His hand stopped its questing and instead pulled the sheet up to his chest. "Y...yes," he managed to force out, his voice hardly more than a whisper. A hand slipped through the drapes and pulled them aside, and he found himself looking at one of the lieutenants from the night before. The bronze-eyed one, from just inside the city gate.

The lieutenant tipped his head just slightly, a gesture of greeting. "My name is Djuta."

Ameni swallowed. For some reason his throat didn't want to work. "Ameni," he finally said, and the Kana nodded again. He stepped inside the little room formed by the canopy and let the drapes fall back into place behind him. Ameni now realized that even while he was covered up, Thi'usa wasn't, and he flushed as he pushed the sheets over his companion. The other Kana didn't appear to pay any attention to the gesture and looked only at him.

"I am lieutenant to Lord Mahakhi. He asked that if you need anything, I should take care of it promptly."

"I'm...I'm well," Ameni murmured. "I don't need anything right now."

Djuta tipped his head to the side. "You would not like a bath or some food?"

The mention of food made Ameni's stomach clench in on itself, and the thought of a bath made him feel filthy all over again. He realized he hadn't eaten since the day before yesterday, and even then what food there was had been paltry. Djuta stepped back toward the drapes and pulled them aside.

"I can arrange for you to bathe and eat privately, if you wish."

Ameni glanced at Thi'usa.

"He may continue sleeping," Djuta said, "unless you feel he would like to accompany you."

"If I'm gone, and he's..."

"He will know where he is. He has stayed in this household before. If he has any questions, Resikh will answer them for him."

"Resikh--?"

"My comrade. He would have come, but I thought it would be less threatening if I came alone." Djuta gestured toward the door. "You can follow me this way."

Ameni stared at him for a moment before crawling across the bed, lowering his legs and putting his feet on the floor. His face went red when he noticed the messy state of his clothing, such as it was; but as if reading his thoughts, the Kana spoke up again.

"It's still early and there should be no one in the hall at this hour. We should reach your bath without anyone noticing you."

Ameni let go of the sheet and stood, smoothing himself down as best he could. He kept his eyes focused on the floor, though he couldn't help but peek up at the Kana a few times. Djuta waited to see that he was able to stand on his own before turning and walking toward the door. Ameni followed.

Aside from the faint sounds coming from outside, the hallway was silent as they made their way down it, the Kana's sandals snikkting softly against the tiles. Ameni peered at him now and then as they walked. His mind still told him to be on his guard, but for some reason the lieutenant had managed to calm him down a little. He wasn't certain how. Simply the way the Kana spoke to him--almost as if he were an equal--was strange enough in itself. He realized he had not once addressed him with a title of respect as Moru were supposed to do when speaking to Kana, yet Djuta had not mentioned this oversight. Ameni chastised himself for this. It was another moment or two before he had to ask himself why he was suddenly so concerned about the impression he might leave upon a strange Kana he didn't even know. Why should it matter if he was civil to him or not? Even if Djuta was a servant of Mahakhi. When he thought about it, Mahakhi had done the same thing the robber Kana had done, just without any force. Perhaps they were all the same?

Djuta slowed his step and stopped before a door, opening it and gesturing inside. The hair on the back of Ameni's neck prickled when he had to walk past him, but the Kana made no threatening moves. In fact, he stood completely still until Ameni was well within the room, then stepped inside and shut the door. He walked to the side of the room and pulled a drape aside to point out the squared-off bathing area inside, then began pointing things out.

"There is a bowl of water here," he said. "And another here, should you need it. A washing cloth here, and a drying cloth, and some salves to tend to your wounds. When you are done, here are some bandages and perfumes if you wish. And here, a fresh change of clothes." He indicated a clean kilt and loincloth sitting folded upon a small table, a pair of new sandals resting atop them. "There is a mirror to your right, and some kohl if you wish to make up your eyes."

Ameni stared at the bathing area.

"I thought you would prefer to bathe yourself," Djuta added after a moment, "though I can call in a Moru to help you, if you would like."

"No," Ameni blurted out, before taking a breath and letting it out. "...No, Lord...I can bathe myself." He tried to add "Thank you," but the words wouldn't come. He gave up and stepped toward the bathing area, halting just outside the drapes. He started to pull on one before stopping, his heart pounding in his chest.

I can't bathe clothed.

He stood this way for a few moments. When the silence had drawn out too long he looked over his shoulder. Djuta still stood where he'd walked to before, but now he took a step away from the table.

"Just step inside and toss your clothing out below the drapes. I'll leave the new ones in front of the mirror where you can reach them."

Ameni swallowed once more and obeyed. He drew the drapes shut, feeling the cool tiles against the soles of his feet, and smelling the perfume of the waterbowl sitting behind him. He stooped and undid his kilt, pulling it off and then undoing his loincloth. When he had them both crumpled in his hands he saw for the first time how soiled both were, with dirt and blood and other fluids. A wave of dizziness swept over him and he had to lower his head and take several deep breaths to avoid collapsing.

"Ameni?" Djuta's voice came to him. "Are you all right?"

"I...y-yes, I'm all right." Ameni bent down to pull up the corner of the drapes, sliding his clothing outside. "I am sorry they're so filthy," he found himself saying, and had no idea why. He saw Djuta's shadow move away from the drapes and further into the room.

"This is all right. I'll toss them away if it doesn't bother you. You can keep the clean ones to wear."

"Whose belongings are all these?" Ameni asked, turning and reaching for the bowl.

"You are in my quarters."

Ameni flushed, suddenly feeling a deep embarrassment. "I didn't mean to soil your rooms," he apologized, hurrying to lift the bowl and pour its contents over his head. He felt as if he couldn't get clean nearly soon enough.

The water gushed past his ears, so he couldn't be certain he heard Djuta correctly when he said, "This is all right; I've been even filthier than you, before!"

Ameni shuddered at the coldness of the water cascading over him. It scoured his chafed skin and made his muscles want to scream out in agony, yet he welcomed it. When he stood sopping he lowered the bowl and started scrubbing himself furiously with the cloth, paying especial attention to his legs and backside. He grimaced in disgust when the cloth turned red, squeezing it out and sopping up more water and repeating the process several times. He grabbed the second bowl and poured it over himself, watching the red-tinted water swirl around his feet to pool over the tiles. He felt like gagging. There was no way for the water to drain, and so it would have to dry there. He tried to dilute it by splashing his foot in it, but the blood and dirt just dispersed even more before settling.

"Do you need another bowl of water?" Djuta called.

"No," Ameni said. "I have enough--thank you, Lord." He set the second bowl inside the first, pushing them into the corner. He reached outside the drapes to snatch up the drying cloth, toweling himself off before setting it aside in its place. He hated how even it returned with faint red smudges upon it; could he never get clean? He opened a small bottle of unguent and applied the thick paste to whichever small cuts he could reach, wincing at its sting, then bandaged the worst ones. All of this he did within the small enclosed space of the bathing area, hating the thought of stepping outside it again. Despite the blood swirling at his feet, he felt safer in here than he did most anywhere else, at the moment.

He eschewed the perfume and makeup, instead pulling in the new clothes and putting them on, saving the sandals for last. He knew he could not put them on in here without ruining them, and he couldn't stand the thought of so soon soiling an undeserved gift. With a deep breath he made himself part the drapes and stepped out of the tiled area, shivering at the cool breeze of air which drifted in from the courtyard, stooping to slip on the sandals before standing upright again. Djuta stood not too far away; Ameni saw that he noticed the blood puddled in the bathing area, and felt his ears burn. Djuta said nothing about it, however, and merely gestured at the small table the clothing had been on before. A plate piled with figs and bread sat there now. Ameni's mouth watered.

"I heard you hadn't eaten yet," Djuta said.

Ameni couldn't wait for any further invitation. He crept toward the table and sat down at one of the chairs sitting beside it, picking up a fig between thumb and forefinger and putting it to his mouth. Within seconds he was grabbing up food from the plate and cramming it in his mouth as fully as he could, barely taking time to chew before swallowing so hard it hurt. Djuta stood and watched him with a look of surprise but Ameni couldn't bring himself to stop. Every time a crumb dropped he would scoop even that up, and had consumed the entire plate of food in a matter of moments. He wiped at his mouth, noticing now a cup of beer sitting beside the plate; he picked this up and downed it in three swallows. He sputtered when he nearly choked, but accepted the second cup Djuta poured him and drank it almost as quickly. Only then did his hunger somewhat abate, and he set the cup down with shaking hands, wiping at his mouth again and hiccupping.

Djuta set down the jar of beer and stared at him. "I could go down to the kitchens and..."

Ameni shook his head. "No, thank you, Lord." He stared at the floor, hiccupping a few more times. He thought of Thi'usa, and of the others, and felt a sting. He finally dared to look the Kana in the eye. "Lord, the others..."

"You mean Thi'usa? He will be tended to, once he wakes up."

"No, Lord...the rest of them...there were two females, and some others..."

"They were taken care of last night. They've already been bathed and fed and seen to by the physician. They are staying in the Moru quarters until Lord Nehekhi can be reached, but it may take a few days."

"If they are in the Moru quarters..."

"You needn't worry about them," Djuta said, and Ameni cut himself off at the sympathetic look in the Kana's eyes. "Lord Mahakhi has the largest Moru quarters in the tribe. He also has the most Moru of his own, but they live well. They were told to keep an eye on your companions while they are staying here. There are also guards outside the door, and if your friends need anything, they will know."

Ameni looked back down at the cup. "I feel as if I should be with them..."

"Actually, there was a reason that Lord Mahakhi asked that you and Thi'usa be kept apart from the rest of them for now. If you feel you can walk, I'd like for us to go out to the main courtyard. You can take some sunlight and fresh air there."

Ameni sensed this wasn't the entire reason behind Djuta's request, but said nothing. He stood and followed the Kana to the door and out into the hallway. Djuta shut the door behind him and then led the way, Ameni behind with his eyes still on the floor. He stared at the back of Djuta's sandals as they walked.

I should not be here. Ki'amit and Tai'ihet were hurt much more badly--and even Thi'usa. They should be receiving this attention, not me...

A third set of footsteps came from ahead of them, and a voice cried out, "It is you!"

Ameni's head jerked up. Djuta slowed as another Kana approached. Ameni had difficulty placing him at first, until he came closer; then his heartbeat picked up. Lieutenant Hiath'ikh's step slowed as well and he stared at Ameni with a horrified look.

"I have been on duty all night," he exclaimed. "I only just heard all the details of what happened--I had to come see if it was true. It is you!" His brow furrowed and he wrung his hands. "What did they do to you? Who was it, what happened--?"

Djuta stepped toward him and took his arm, murmuring something in his ear so Ameni couldn't hear. Hiath'ikh looked aggrieved but nodded, looking at Ameni again with pity in his eyes.

"The dogs! They keep giving us trouble--but the general won't let us act. Even he cannot overlook this. But even if he does, believe me that Lord Mahakhi will not!"

"This is what we were going to discuss," Djuta said. Ameni glanced at him, then back at Hiath'ikh when he spoke again.

"You may trust Lord Djuta, Ameni, and Lord Resikh, too. I can see why you would not want to trust any Kana right now, but you'd do well to listen to what they say. I have known them for a long time. If Lord Mahakhi trusts them, then so may you."

Ameni swallowed and nodded dumbly.

Hiath'ikh looked as if he wanted to say more, then clenched his fist and looked to Djuta. "What about the others--? Thi'usa and the rest? Are they here as well--?"

"Thi'usa was left in Lord Mahakhi's rooms. The others are in the Moru quarters. They've already been seen to, but Resikh will speak with Thi'usa as I do with Ameni."

Hiath'ikh nodded; he seemed lost. Djuta put a hand on his shoulder and turned him about. "You are closer to the general than most of us are," he said. "If you can get in a word with him about the situation, it might do us well. Even if it doesn't succeed in changing his mind, at least it will have been an effort."

"I'll see to this immediately," Hiath'ikh replied, saluting and walking off, lappets swinging. Ameni watched him go before Djuta touched his arm, waving toward the end of the hall.

"The courtyard. I have something I wish to discuss with you."

A Kana discussing things with a Moru? Ameni found the idea ludicrous, but obeyed anyway. They made their way to the end of the hall and turned to go out into the main court, their sandals clacking across the pavement as they neared the pool. Djuta slowed before they could come to its edge and gestured at one of the benches; Ameni sat. Djuta sat facing the opposite direction, away from the pool; Ameni felt awkward beside him, as if they were equals. He would have moved to sit on the ground, if he could have thought of a way to do so without appearing rude.

"Take some breaths," Djuta said. "You've gone pale. Breathe a little, and try to relax. Hiath'ikh is right; you are safe here."

Ameni took a quavery breath and let it out, repeating the process until he found himself growing slightly calmer. The tremor that had been in his hands disappeared, and he felt a little stronger than before, his head a little clearer. Djuta waited for him to settle himself before speaking again.

"Lord Mahakhi asked that you and Thi'usa be spoken to alone," he said in a soft voice which caught Ameni's attention immediately. "At the moment Resikh is with your friend. I was asked to speak with you."

"About what?" Ameni whispered in confusion.

"About these ones who abducted you and the other Moru. This is true, that they came to Nehekhi's house and took you all away? That you were being mistreated by them when Nehef and Ahai'ikh found you?"

Ameni nodded. "I would not make up such things."

"I do not believe you would. However, there is a problem."

Ameni gave him a guarded look. Djuta nodded at the wall surrounding the house, in the direction of the city.

"You have already heard that General T'uris is in no hurry to settle matters concerning this group."

"But--you said to Lord Hiath'ikh that--"

"Despite what I said, I do not believe even Mahakhi himself could sway T'uris's mind. A female was caught and stolen several weeks back, and when she was found she was covered in bruises and her throat had been slit open. There were only slight rumors that she was pregnant, but almost everyone is positive she belonged to the general." Ameni's face went white. "If he was not willing to act on that, then he will not act on anything. We do not understand his affection for this bunch; perhaps they've served him well in the past. So you can see why I do not think he would be willing to help out a group of someone else's Moru."

Ameni's fists clenched. "But they attacked us! They BEAT us! If you had even seen one moment of what they did to poor Ki'amit--"

"She was the pregnant one," Djuta clarified.

"Yes, she was. With Thi'usa's child! Her first! That bastard that Nehef spoke with--he was the one who did that to her. While one of his friends laughed and raped us! Did you see Tai'ihet, even? What she went through was the worst of all...and the brothers, Hiakh and Kiakh, I cannot even begin to say what they made them do to each other--"

"I believe all that you say," Djuta said quietly. "But it will make no difference to the general."

His words silenced Ameni, who stared at him in disbelief. After a while his expression slowly changed.

"You wanted to say something...Lord Mahakhi sent you."

Djuta nodded. "Concerning they who did this. Hiath'ikh told you already; if General T'uris will not do something, Mahakhi will."

"But what can he do, if he is only a captain and must obey a general? If the general won't act..."

"What you saw happen out there was Lord Nehef's idea. General T'uris did not send them out to rescue you. After the female's body was found, I myself went out and slashed the wings of the one thought responsible. He was the one bragging about it, at least. He is no longer with the tribe, and he is no longer with his gang. And he will rape and kill no more women. Several of us made certain of that. T'uris did not order any of it at all."

Ameni stared at Djuta in silence. Even if he could have thought of what to say, he wouldn't have been able to make the words come. Djuta leaned toward him and spoke so his voice was almost a whisper.

"Lord Mahakhi has granted us permission to act on your behalf. But that means that you must tell us what it is that you want."

"I am a Moru," Ameni said. "What I want is of no consequence when it concerns the Kana."

"Even the Kana are bound by law."

"Not when their victims are mere Moru."

Djuta tilted his head. "Believe me on this. I am in a position to know. Even the Moru have rights, when their master is willing to speak up for them. As your master is not available, then Lord Mahakhi speaks on your behalf. It is safe to say that neither he nor Lord Nehekhi would condone what's happened here."

"And even if this is so, then what is the point?" Ameni argued. "I've seen how the law works. The Kana are hardly punished for what they do to Moru. What would happen to them?--would they be fined? Who would collect the payment if they serve no one but themselves? And a paltry punishment it is, compared to what we took..."

He gasped when Djuta touched his hand, and drew it back abruptly. He berated himself for again showing such disrespect, but again Djuta ignored it.

"And I've told you already how things work in the East Tribe. Just because something is not sanctioned does not mean it can't be done." He sat up and spoke more confidently, as if not afraid of anyone overhearing. "Of course, Lord Mahakhi cannot have any such incidents traced back to him--this is why he is not the one speaking with you right now. Trust me, he would be speaking to you, had not Nehef and Ahai'ikh talked him out of it. He is that concerned for the welfare of you and your companions, that he is willing to risk his reputation in the tribe."

"Mahakhi...?" Ameni whispered.

"However, Nehef managed to convince him this would not be for the best. There are not many who are willing to speak up for a captain, no matter how respected he is. Lieutenants are a different story; we work a bit differently from the captains and the general."

"I do not understand."

"We are allowed a bit more leeway than most Kana." Djuta waved his hand. "Generals and captains are bound by politics and reputation. The sergeants and privates are bound by loyalty to the military and to the general. Lieutenants...they are pretty much bound only by their brotherhood. We may serve the general, or we may serve our captains; we may serve the military, or only each other. It hardly matters which. At the end of the day, as long as we have fulfilled our duties and say aloud that we serve the general, then no one much cares. You did not wonder why Nehef and Ahai'ikh have not yet been taken to task for that stunt they pulled the night before last?"

Ameni's brow furrowed. "You are saying that..."

Djuta waved again. "Nehef and Ahai'ikh are too close to the general to act this time," he said. "But Resikh and myself are not. We serve Mahakhi, but even he does not have control over all our actions. If we are traced back to him, he can easily deny knowledge of anything. The rest of his men are willing to vouch for him, Lord Hiath'ikh included. Although he may be next to powerless, Hiath'ikh has a strong say in things, and an immaculate reputation; what he says, even if not believed, must be taken seriously." He lowered his voice again and his blue lappets fell forward. "And even should Lord T'uris discover the entire thing, what do you suppose he should like to do more...keep himself quiet?--and let any such actions pass?--or speak up on behalf of the robbers?--and reveal his colors to all? How many of his men do you think would appreciate hearing from his own mouth exactly what he thinks of his gang of pets?"

Ameni stared at Djuta in disbelief at what he was hearing. He opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. Djuta spoke instead.

"We have been granted permission to act on behalf of your master," he said. "But first we must know what it is that should be done. What do you think should be served as punishment to these Kana?"

"I believe they should be humiliated!" Ameni blurted out without thinking. His eyes narrowed and his fists clenched when Thi'usa's tear-stained face, Tai'ihet's bruised body, Ki'amit's bloody thighs flashed through his mind. "They should be hurt--beaten--the same as they did to us. Worse. They should be shamed. A hundred times over. No punishment is bad enough for them. They should be humiliated as badly as they humiliated us!"

He hadn't even realized he was raising his voice until he felt Djuta touch his hand again, and let out his breath, unclenching his fists with a sudden feeling of meekness. He hunched in on himself, hating that he had lost his composure so, but Djuta merely nodded in response and stood, indicating that he should do the same.

"Come," he said. "I'll take you back to the Moru quarters. If he is not there yet, Thi'usa should be with you soon. Take some more rest for now."

Ameni stared at the ground as Djuta turned to leave the courtyard. After they had taken several steps he spoke.

"Lord Djuta..."

Djuta glanced over his shoulder at him. Ameni met his eyes.

"You are the...you are the first one in a long time who has spoken to me as if I were human," he said, his voice faltering.

Djuta stared back at him with his odd bronze eyes.

"You are human."

He turned away again and continued from the courtyard. Ameni swallowed the block that had risen into his throat and followed.

* * * * *


"So they have requested full revenge, hm?"

"It's only understandable, Lord," Nehef spoke up, as he and Ahai'ikh stood in Mahakhi's quarters. Mahakhi stood adjusting his pectoral necklace; the room still smelled faintly of musk, and the female still curled up in the great bed now slept with a distinct blush to her cheeks. The three Kana ignored her as one of her wings fanned slowly in her sleep. "Considering what they went through..."

Mahakhi grunted his assent. "I am only surprised they were so reserved in their wishes. I am glad you talked me out of it, Nehef; I do not think I could have borne the look upon Thi'usa's face. I hope that he gave them a good fight...he was an excellent fighter, once..."

"And so what next should we do, Lord? Djuta and Resikh have already affirmed they are willing to go through with it, and are contacting the men they believe would be most of use."

"I am betting more than a few of them come from T'uris's household itself...?" Mahakhi questioned, raising an eyebrow.

Nehef nodded. "They are among some of the most dissatisfied at the moment...they serve him loyally, yet he will not even let them go on a raid without his permission...and our last raid was months ago..."

"A little spat with this dog pack should settle their nerves somewhat. Though it will hardly be a fair fight." Mahakhi turned away from the mirror. "And what of you two? T'uris may be addled but he is no fool. He will surely notice Djuta and Resikh up to something. As first and second, you two must offer some report."

The two lieutenants looked at each other. "Oh...we will think up some story to keep him entertained," Nehef said slyly.

"He will be too busy slapping us on the wrist to notice that he should in fact be thrashing our behinds," Ahai'ikh added, the corner of his mouth twitching upwards.

A broad smile crossed Mahakhi's face and he boomed with laughter. Simit yawned and stretched and rubbed at her eyes. "Sometimes I think that gang is more loyal to T'uris than YOU two are!" the captain exclaimed, dusting at his clothing. Nehef and Ahai'ikh both allowed themselves a grin before settling into seriousness again and saluting him.

"Truthfully, though, Lord, the bulk of responsibility lies now upon Lord Djuta and Lord Resikh. They are the ones who are likely to bear the brunt of his anger should the story get out."

"Eh, they will be fine. Djuta is tricky that way, and Resikh is in superior standing with most everyone. And I doubt T'uris would be so willing to speak up for his little pets this time. A little thrashing can serve a twofold purpose." With this he cast another, final glance at his pectoral as the two lieutenants peered at each other again. Ahai'ikh coughed quietly.

"Lord, you do not mean..."

"Mmh? I mean only what I say, Ahai'ikh. You read more into my words than you should? I meant only that perhaps he will think twice before speaking, once he sees what his own men are willing to do--nothing more."

The lieutenants' tensed postures relaxed. "Of course, Lord," they said.

Mahakhi finished looking himself over; he looked to his bed, then stepped to it and leaned over to press his muzzle to the female's neck. She giggled drowsily and rolled over onto her back; Nehef and Ahai'ikh politely looked away when Mahakhi rubbed his hand between her legs. "That was an entertaining trick you pulled on me last night, little one. You will have to try it again sometime soon; perhaps now that I know you can do that I can appreciate it more. One of these days you must really try the trick of growing a pup, just for the fun of it."

"Master to not be around enough to give pups," Simit complained, pouting; Mahakhi laughed again, the sound echoing off the walls.

"Just remember, then, whose idea it was when I next come in here and take you until the dawn. We will both need every trick we know to manage that." He slipped two fingers inside her and thrust them in and out, making her body thrum like a bowstring; he then took a moment to lean down and suck at one of her nipples until she whimpered and came, her thighs quivering and then sinking back to the bed. Mahakhi stood and turned away from the panting Moru, wiping his hand on his kilt and gesturing at Nehef and Ahai'ikh to follow him to the door.

"I will smooth a few last things over, then. In the meantime you two seek out General T'uris and settle your own difficulties while I am away."

The lieutenants nodded and saluted. "Yes, Lord." They left the room and saluted the captain again before parting ways, and the two started speaking only once they had left the household and passed through the settlement, entering General T'uris's great household with barely a glance at the guards stationed outside.

"Was I imagining things in there?" Ahai'ikh murmured. "Was it just me, or was he saying what I think he was saying...?"

"He did not really say anything, but if you mean hinting, then I do not think you were the only one for I believe I heard it too."

"Do you suppose he has any plans on T'uris's spot, then?"

"I would not blame him, nor be too surprised. I would only be surprised he has waited so damned long! We both know he is the best one for the position, after all."

Ahai'ikh cast a nervous glance around them. "Not so loudly. Do you think this is his real reason for being so amenable to all this, then? I had truly thought we were just about settling the matter with these dogs, but now I wonder..."

"Hush," Nehef ordered. "The only thing we're doing tonight is sanctioning a little search party."

Ahai'ikh's ear flicked in amusement. "This is our cover story, then? Clever, Brother."

Nehef flared his nostrils in a mocking gesture. "I challenge you to come up with something more fitting. T'uris is too preoccupied to bother asking much. Besides, we are his lieutenants; who are we to lie to him?"

They chuckled quietly, then straightened their faces as they entered the library of the household. Not many Kana possessed libraries, but T'uris did. The lieutenants knew it to be his favorite haunt lately, where he would retreat to read various texts that had been stolen from the Kemeti in past Kana raids. Usually such things were destroyed when the villages were. T'uris had been asking for them to be spared for a while now, just to give him something to put in his library, the others supposed.

"General," Nehef said as soon as they entered, and he and Ahai'ikh saluted and bowed. T'uris sat at the long war table that occupied the back of the room, boxes full of scrolls stacked behind him, one such papyrus rolled out in front of him. He waved without lifting his head.

"I heard there was some commotion," he muttered. "I trust everything is well."

Nehef's mouth twitched. "Yes, Lord. We had a little...something which needed to be smoothed over, but nothing much..."

"Eh?"

"Some hyenas bothering at the wall," Ahai'ikh said, not even bothering to sound truthful. Nehef shot him a dirty look but T'uris didn't notice, simply waving again.

"Good. Glad to hear they're gone."

He fell silent and the two lieutenants continued standing before him. Long moments passed. After a while Nehef fidgeted a little, and T'uris finally lifted his head. He frowned and looked back at his scroll.

"You're still here? What is it?"

"Forgive me, Lord, but have you not read that scroll before?" Nehef took a step forward and peered down at it as if interested. T'uris sat back and let out a blast of air from his nose, letting the scroll roll shut and placing it in its box.

"Yes, I have...and the rest...what of it?"

"If they grow too stale, a raid upon the Kemeti would do well to procure a few more..." Ahai'ikh suggested, ever so innocently.

T'uris grunted but pulled out another scroll and started to read it. The lieutenants had to keep themselves from scowling before Nehef spoke again.

"Lord, I wished to inform you..."

"Is this important?" T'uris gave him a sour look. "I'd much rather do other things than listen to drivel all day. Can't you settle your own problems?"

"Well, Lord, this is just it; I thought we'd let you know that Lieutenants Djuta and Resikh are off to take care of a little problem which has arisen..."

"What's it about?"

"Nothing much, simply seeking out some troublemakers...the hyenas Ahai'ikh spoke of; they've been niggling at the gate lately, so Djuta thought it would be best to seek them out before they next show up, and nip the problem in the bud..."

"So you're saying that Djuta has already plotted what he wishes to do about this?"

"Yes, Lord, and..."

"Well then, let him deal with it," T'uris snapped, turning back to his papyrus.

Nehef lifted an eyebrow at Ahai'ikh. "So you will give us your full permission, to take to Lord Djuta, to do as he wishes about this problem? Whatever the means and outcome?"

"Yes, yes, just as long as I don't have to hear you yap about it afterwards! Just go and take care of it already if it's so bothersome. I couldn't care less."

"Actually there were some murmurs about catching these hyenas and rounding them up and thrashing them soundly," Nehef said.

"Go right ahead."

"And flaying their backsides."

"Mm-hm."

"And slicing off their balls," Ahai'ikh added. Nehef gawked at him but T'uris only nodded.

"Whatever suits your fancy. Just as long as the four of you leave me in peace afterwards."

Nehef opened his mouth and started, "You are sure--"

"Oh, for love of the gods, JUST GO AND DO IT ALREADY!" T'uris roared. "And get it OVER with! And LEAVE ME OUT OF IT! Have I been CLEAR enough, Lieutenant?"

"Yes, Lord," Nehef and Ahai'ikh replied, saluting. T'uris bared his teeth and waved at them violently. They turned and quickly left the library, just managing to conceal their snickers until they were several paces away from the room and then bursting into laughter.

"'Slicing off their balls'!" Nehef hooted. "I did not think you even had that in you, Brother. I shall have to remember that the next time I get drunk. It will make a good story. Before you know it we will have you whoring about with the best of them."

"It was only the moment," Ahai'ikh protested. "I had to see if he was even listening! Have you ever seen such thickheadedness? I swear, I believe I could have put palm fronds in his ears and a lit lamp on his nose and he still would not have noticed. Those scrolls must be truly entertaining."

"Perhaps they are Kemeti lovemaking techniques! I think it would take several well-endowed females crawling all over him in order to convince him to drag himself away from there, and honestly, they would have to be very good at hakh'tua; and he would still probably be reading over that scroll even as he yelled at them to go faster, faster, FASTER!" The lieutenants howled with laughter and wiped at their eyes for several moments, then smoothed their armor down and collected themselves, picking up their pace as they headed for their destination.

"Seriously," Ahai'ikh said, in a much quieter voice, "do you think it was a good idea for us to tell him that? To let him know in advance--?"

"It will only serve to get us off the hook when the whole thing is discovered. I doubt it will remain quiet for long! I do not think everyone in that gang will escape intact, and there will need to be some way to explain away the bodies."

Ahai'ikh shuddered. "I hope it does not get too violent."

"You pity those creatures? Frankly I wish I could take part just so I could get a stab or two in, myself!"

"No, I do not pity them in the least; don't you know me by now? Brother? I merely wish this not to fall back on Djuta's head. You know how he can be..."

"Well, it's up to him now anyway. We did our part. He and Resikh will do theirs. And more power to them; I will not lose one moment of sleep no matter how much blood those dogs shed." Nehef made a waving gesture, indicating his unconcern. Ahai'ikh frowned but kept his thoughts to himself. Nehef poked his arm.

"Come, he should be waiting for our news by now. The sooner this is over with, the better. Then T'uris will not have quite so much time to think up an excuse for himself. I cannot wait to see him stumble over himself when he remembers he sanctioned this. Priceless!"

Ahai'ikh managed a slight smile and nodded. They picked up their pace and their sandals clacked down the hall.

* * * * *


Ameni lay curled in a ball upon the straw mat that had been provided for him by Mahakhi's Moru. The slaves had been just as generous as their superiors, cooing and murmuring and taking care of the battered Red Tribe Moru as best they could, before even the Kana physician could tend to them. When he had been returned to their quarters, Ameni saw that this treatment had not ended in his absence. Ki'amit herself was curled up between two older females who took turns continuously checking her injuries, giving her sips of cool water or touching her arm and whispering whenever she awoke whimpering from a nightmare. Tai'ihet, although in worse shape, seemed more accustomed to her state; like Ki'amit she did not allow any of the males to come too close to her, but they did not approach her anyway. A group of women kept her surrounded and chattered with her constantly, keeping her distracted from her thoughts, and a few males stayed outside the perimeter of their circle, likewise keeping watch. Kiakh was the most pathetic of the bunch; he whimpered and cried all through the night, no matter how much Hiakh and the others reassured him; Ameni could tell Hiakh felt just as poorly, considering what he had been made to do to his brother. Several males went to and from them, making certain they didn't need anything. Ameni could hear them conversing, and was surprised to learn that the strange Moru were reassuring the twins of their male status. It was an odd approach, but one that seemed to work, for Hiakh's worrying and Kiakh's soft crying slightly abated, and Kiakh even finally sat up just enough to murmur something to his brother. Hiakh then started crying, and Kiakh in turn had to reassure him. Ameni did not have to even ask what had been said.

After seeing that everyone was apparently being cared for in the best way possible...even Thi'usa, who had been returned shortly after himself and was now sleeping nearby...Ameni sighed and lay down, closing his eyes and seeking sleep. He sensed several Moru taking up positions around him, and peered through one eye to see a big male and an older female not too far away, seated a distance apart; he knew others were nearby. Their backs were to him and their tails flicked. He peered over his shoulder and saw another one behind him, in a similar position. Rather than making him tense, he found their presence comforting, and settled down once more to try to sleep. It took a long while, but he finally felt himself begin to drift off.

He wasn't sure how long he had been drifting like this when he saw light creep across his closed eyelids; footsteps softly shuffled through the scattered straw, and then a hand gently shook his shoulder. "Ameni-human. Wake up."

The voice was familiar. Ameni opened his eyes and peered up to see a Kana lieutenant bending down over him. He recognized the brown-eyed one who had greeted them at the gate, along with Djuta. What had Djuta said his name was, again?

"It's Resikh," the Kana whispered. "Djuta's waiting for us outside. Come, and wake up your friend also. I'll be in the hall."

Ameni didn't question this, although he felt confusion. Instead he sat up, leaning toward Thi'usa and shaking his arm. Resikh stood and left the room while Ameni woke up the other Moru, who yawned and stretched his wings, rubbing at his eyes with a groggy look.

"What is it...?"

"Lord Djuta and Lord Resikh...they say to meet them in the hallway. I don't know what it's about."

Thi'usa blinked a few times, frowning, but got to his feet just the same. Ameni followed suit and they picked their way around the other Moru toward the door. It still stood just a crack open; they slipped through it as quietly as they could, and just after Ameni exited Resikh pushed it shut. He gestured at them and they followed him down the hallway and out toward one of the courtyards. As soon as they exited into the moonlight Ameni and Thi'usa both glanced around themselves in surprise. A large group of Kana was here, and they all stared at the three as they came close.

Resikh saluted Djuta, who stepped forward from the rest. They briefly clasped arms in greeting.

"These are the two?" one of the other Kana said in a voice that sounded as surprised as Ameni felt. "One of them's a human, did you notice?"

"And do you notice the bruises upon his body?" Djuta returned; the Kana flushed and averted his eyes with a mumble. "And the collar around his neck. Even if he is human, he still belongs to Lord Nehekhi."

"Where is he, anyway? Is he not looking for them by now?" somebody else asked.

Resikh made a hushing noise. "A messenger was sent out not long ago to locate him." Ameni felt a surge of hope. "He will be notified. But that might not be for several days."

"If they've smartened up, they won't give us several days," Djuta said. "And so it has to be tonight. Lord Mahakhi granted permission for the Moru to speak on Nehekhi's behalf; they've already said their piece. Everything has been settled, but our little part."

The rest of the Kana grinned, tusks glinting. "It is about time," the first one muttered in a gleeful tone, rubbing his hands together. "I've been cooped up atop the wall for weeks!"

"At least you have gotten fresh air," another said. "I have been on house duty all this time!"

"I was hoping that thrashing we gave them wouldn't be the last of it," said a third; Ameni vaguely recognized him as one of the Kana from Nehef's original group. "Lord Nehef is a good Kana, but now that Lord Djuta is in charge I know we'll get the job done right!"

The rest crowed and started talking aloud. Djuta's muzzle wrinkled; he waved his hands.

"Quiet down! Else we'll never get out of here! Now listen. I take it that everything has been cleared at the main gate? You told them our story?"

The first Kana nodded. "I don't think they bought it," he said, starting to grin, "but that just means they're more disposed to agree to it."

"Fine. We'll head out that way then. If anyone questions us simply tell them the search party story again. We have approval from T'uris so there should be little problem. Where were they last reported?"

"Not too far to the east," a young sergeant answered. "I spotted them heading somewhat northward, but they were making slow progress of it. I think they were still sulking from their last beating."

"I heard a report that they caroused a bit in another tribe some distance from here," another Kana interjected. "So perhaps it is not sulkiness but drunkenness which is slowing them down!"

"Whichever the case may be, they're moving slowly. This is good. They won't be expecting another beating so soon after the last, so that should help us." Djuta looked at Ameni, startling him; he'd been busy listening to the rest of the talk and hadn't expected to be pulled into the conversation. "You claimed you wanted revenge," Djuta said, then looked at Thi'usa. "You the same. Now is your chance to change your mind, if you wish." The other Kana started to protest, but Resikh silenced them. "What we have planned for tonight isn't likely to be pretty. However, I took it from your comments that you didn't want light justice to be dispensed."

"They should suffer!" Thi'usa suddenly spoke up. "Even worse than we did! Every last wing should be flayed!"

"We cannot go quite this far," Djuta replied. "If we maim or kill them all, then it will come back to us, no matter how much it may have been deserved. Mahakhi can protect us only so much. However, there are other things we can do which may serve just as well."

Thi'usa looked disappointed, but Ameni swallowed. "Why...why have we been called here?" he asked. "If you plan on punishing them..."

Djuta met his eyes. "We had thought you would wish to be involved," he said. "As you spoke on behalf of the Moru, and so greatly desire vengeance. To not ask you along would have deprived you of this right."

"I am Moru. I do not have the right to seek vengeance."

"As per Mahakhi's permission, you do. This night you act in place of Lord Nehekhi. And so any actions he would like pursued, you are free to perform in his place." Djuta gestured at the group of Kana, who had begun fidgeting. "Think of yourselves as captains now. For the next few hours. They will do whatever you should ask, if it is within the limits set forth by Kana law. We may not kill all these dogs, and we may not maim them all, but as I said, there are other ways to seek revenge upon vile creatures such as this."

Ameni's brow furrowed. "Why did you not ask any of the others? Thi'usa-Moru and myself were not the only ones harmed, nor the most badly so..."

"I thought it would be wisest to bring only you two, as you are the ones in best shape, who are best able to speak up for the others. The women are too badly shocked, and would not do us much good out here; likewise with the other Moru, plus, they have not shown the willingness to retaliate that you two have. Lord Mahakhi commented on you two when we spoke with him this morning. He said that of all the Moru, you two still have fire left in you even after everything you were subjected to. He still thinks of you as Kana, Lord Thi'usa, and you, Ameni-human, he claims to be as much like a Kana as a human can possibly be. He has full faith that you can assist us in this."

Ameni felt his cheeks go warm, and saw Thi'usa blush as well. He realized what a great compliment had just been paid them, and felt he couldn't refuse to go now, even though he was still hesitant. Think of himself as a captain? Ever since his first coupling with Nehekhi he had grown ever more to consider himself nothing but Moru, and Moru could not act as captains. But still, if Lord Mahakhi had decreed it...

What would Nehekhi-Master do? He would seek vengeance for us...surely? Of course he would...though he has not arrived here yet...but this is only because of the distance, and besides, he may not even know where we are...the messenger is out looking for him, either way. He will come...but not before tonight. So we must act for him. What would he have us do...?

"Ameni-human?" Djuta's voice pulled him out of his thoughts, and he lifted his head to see all the other Kana staring at him with some impatience. Djuta and Resikh were the only two who still appeared calm.

"Your decision?" Djuta prompted.

Ameni bit his lip. He stared back at the lieutenant for a moment or two, then glanced at the waiting group, spotting their hands upon the pommels of their swords and the handles of their daggers, their tails flicking impatiently. Then he looked to Thi'usa, and the look in the Moru's eyes decided him at once.

Ki'amit.

He turned back to Djuta. "We will go with you," he stated in a firm voice, and the relief and anticipation in the group of waiting Kana was obvious. They practically grinned and drooled with glee, and for the briefest moment Ameni was almost afraid of them, until he remembered who they were working for.

* * * * *


It must have been at least an hour or so, but it felt like not much later when Ameni crouched atop a rock, clasping his upper arms in his hands and chattering in the cold. The Kana around him--as well as Thi'usa--didn't appear to notice the temperature. A chilly wind breezed over them as they glanced around at the desert from a small outcropping which rose out of the sand. There wasn't much shelter afforded out here, unless they wished to make the trek to the distant western cliffs; the rock outcropping had been a lucky strike. One of the other Kana whose name Ameni didn't know stood, shielding his eyes and peering into the distance. He immediately crouched down again.

"He's coming!" he whispered.

Everyone else craned their necks. A small shape skittered across the desert floor, quickly making its way up to them. Djuta met it as it crawled atop the ledge; the Kana scout was winded, but still able to talk.

"Spotted them--a ways off in that direction. They've set up camp for the night. Two sentries. One at both ends of the camp. Everyone else sleeping."

"Have they any fires going?"

"Just one, in the center. A weak one."

"Do they have any more Sha?"

"Only a few. Tethered at the near end of the camp."

"They must have bought them just recently," someone murmured. "'Cause Nehef and Ahai'ikh relieved them of their own already!"

Djuta squinted at the horizon, and Ameni did the same. He thought he could barely make out a tiny flickering, far off. "I suppose it was too much to hope for them to be stupid enough to have no guards awake, twice in a row," the Kana muttered under his breath.

"They are stupid but not quite that stupid," Resikh replied. "They might not learn to keep out of trouble, but beat even an ignorant dog long enough and it'll learn to keep one eye open."

"We could wait for them to doze off," somebody suggested.

Djuta shook his head. "At this rate, it could take until daylight. We don't have that long before our absence becomes suspicious. Plus, they will be moving on by then. We can't wander too far from our own territory." He bit his lip. "We could still surround them from both sides...they'll be alerted, and some of them will attack, but I did not say this would be easy..."

"That's kind of risky, isn't it?" the lieutenant from before questioned. "Why don't we swoop down on them from above?"

Djuta waved at Ameni and Thi'usa, and the lieutenant flushed. "Oh. Right. Well...could we not just kill off the guards, then?"

"We do not have a sniper among us; and even if we did, there's a great risk such an action would attract attention. None of us are so skilled with the bow and arrow as to do that..."

Ameni stared at the tiny fire with growing worry. This had seemed like a somewhat good idea at first, but now that he heard the Kana arguing over how to attack, he realized they were as much at a loss as he was. He'd never heard such skilled warriors in disarray before. The only reason they were here was because of him, and the other Moru; it wasn't right for Kana to endanger themselves for slaves, much less slaves who were not even their own.

He felt his fingers hurting, and looked down to notice that he had been trying to dig his fingernails into the rock. They were about to break. He lifted one hand and stared at the bruises upon his arm. He couldn't bear the thought of these Kana risking their lives because of him. That wasn't supposed to happen. It had been all right, when the group of robbers had posed them no threat; but now that they did, he couldn't stand the thought of them going through with it...

A light flickered in the back of his mind on staring at the discolored patches on his skin, and he tugged on Djuta's armor. All of the Kana around him peered down at him with curious looks, as if not quite believing the rude gesture. Ameni felt his face grow warm but pushed away the feeling.

"Lord," he whispered. "I have an idea."

The other Kana's ears flickered. Djuta nodded and leaned closer.

"What is it?"

"They have sentries." Ameni pointed at the faraway camp. "They're expecting a group of armed Kana. Not injured Moru."

Djuta's brow furrowed in puzzlement, and he glanced at the camp as if to try to understand what was meant. The others looked equally as confused. After a moment Djuta's face slowly lit up and he nodded.

"I understand." He gave Ameni a pointed look. "You are not volunteering...?"

Ameni opened his mouth to say that he was, when Thi'usa spoke up first.

"I will do it!" he exclaimed. Ameni whirled on him to protest but Thi'usa's eyes were alight; he wasn't afraid at all. "I will be the bait!"

Djuta raised a brow. Ameni grasped Thi'usa's arm and shook it.

"You have two mates and a pup to take care of! It was my idea!"

Thi'usa pulled his arm free. "And you are Master's pet," he returned. "And you do not thoroughly understand the Kana yet. Let me do it. I can be more convincing than you can. And I am not half frozen with cold as you are."

Ameni blushed; he hadn't thought anyone had noticed. The look on Thi'usa's face told him he'd best back down, so he did; Djuta lightly touched his shoulder before nodding at Thi'usa.

"We will be not far behind, then. Resikh, take half and head around to the other side of the camp, just in case we get only one sentry. At least the odds will be better for a surprise attack then."

Resikh nodded and waved at the group of Kana nearest him. They disappeared over the edge of the rock. Djuta waved at the remaining ones and they hurried down to the desert floor, Ameni and Thi'usa in tow. Their sandals made shushing noises against the sand and pebbles; they crouched down in the shadows for a moment, watching Resikh's group vanish, before darting across the sand in a tight group. Some rough scrub littered the ground not too far from the camp as it grew closer, and it was here that they halted again, crowding behind it and crouching low, seeming to melt into the darkness. Ameni actually had to blink before he could see several of the Kana furthest from him. Djuta touched Thi'usa's wing, and Thi'usa stood. The fire of the camp was much clearer now, and Ameni could make out the dim lumpy forms of the sleeping Kana around it. One, nearer to them, sat upright, but didn't notice them even when Thi'usa stood.

Thi'usa waited a moment, then glanced at Djuta. Djuta nodded once. Then before Ameni could speak, Thi'usa had stepped out of the bush and started on his way toward the camp, walking out into the open.

Ameni instinctively tried to follow, but Djuta's grip held him tight.

About halfway to the camp, Thi'usa suddenly stopped, crumpled in on himself, and started walking again, only this time dragging one leg and letting his wings sag limply, letting out a low moan as if in great pain. Ameni's insides tightened. The sentry sat bolt upright, ears flicking and wings tensing; he spotted Thi'usa and stood, drawing his sword. He didn't move as Thi'usa limped closer toward the camp, whimpering the entire way. When he was still several dozen paces away the Moru dropped to the ground in a heap, his sides heaving. The guard stood and stared at him for a long while before taking a few tentative steps forward.

"That's it," Djuta whispered. "Come just a little bit closer."

The sentry stopped, then turned around to look over his shoulder. Djuta's muzzle wrinkled in annoyance, but smoothed out again when the second sentry appeared, walking toward the first who waved at him. The first pointed at Thi'usa, and they stared at him some more. Then they walked toward him, a little more confidently than before.

"Come on," Djuta said under his breath.

Ameni heard their voices now as they came closer. "...just wandered in out of nowhere," the first sentry was saying, and then he laughed. The sound made Ameni want to tear the Kana's throat open. The second joined in the bantering.

"Perhaps he was not happy with the first time and decided to come back for more? Do we not have that effect on people? Hoh, take a look at this!--he is one of them! I remember spotting this one!"

"He was the one with the human, was he not?"

"Aye, a cute little human! He must have grown bored and left him behind. Walked all this way just to get here, too! This'll make quite a good story for the lord. Too bad he didn't drag that pretty girl in along with him..."

As they spoke, the Kana grasped Thi'usa's ankles and started to turn to drag him back toward the camp. The moment Ki'amit was mentioned, their plans abruptly changed. Thi'usa sat upright and pulled himself free and like a flash, a dagger appeared in his hand. Ameni gaped, wondering where it could have come from--before he could wonder too much, the two sentries whirled around in surprise, only for one of them to let out a hissing gurgling noise rather than a yell of alarm; a second later he crumpled to the ground and Thi'usa's dagger glinted red. The second sentry's eyes widened and he started to back away, when--thunk--his spine stiffened, then he too collapsed, a dagger protruding from his back. Djuta stood up and signaled to the other Kana, who flooded out from behind the brush and rushed toward the camp. Thi'usa joined them, taking the time to kick one of the bodies first; they entered the ring of the camp unnoticed by the rest of the sleeping Kana, and the emergence of Resikh's band at the other side showed that they had made it through unscathed as well. With many a loud shhhhkkk every sword was drawn, and it was this noise which finally awakened those still asleep; they started to jump up from their beds, reaching for their own weapons, but just as before they were alerted too late--Mahakhi's Kana kicked their weapons aside, only instead of receiving taunts and mockery as they had the last time, the robbers were now dragged to their feet with little ceremony, poked and pricked in the backs and sides with numerous weapons, and pushed toward the middle of the camp where their feet trod out the fire and plunged the settlement into moonlight. They ran into each other and yelled in confusion, glancing about at the ring of hostile faces that greeted them. They didn't seem nearly as cocky even as when Nehef had caught them previously.


Resikh, Djuta, and their Apsiu were most effective. They managed to catch the robber Kana unawares, rounding them up almost immediately. Before they could protest Mahakhi's men had them surrounded in a small space, and Resikh and Djuta had grabbed the two biggest and flung them to the ground violently. They hit the dirt with an oof before sputtering and lifting their heads, eyes ablaze.

"What is the meaning of this--?" the biggest one, the lieutenant who had taken Ki'amit, demanded, snarling. He was greeted with a foot to the side of his face, and sputtered again, spitting out blood.

"Mind your tongue, Moru," Djuta said, and Mahakhi's Kana laughed. The lieutenant scowled venomously.

"Who do you dare call a Moru, you scum! You are hardly higher in rank than I!"

"As if this means a thing. Look at you on your bellies on the ground like worms. This is fitting punishment for thieves and murderers."

"Murderers!" The lieutenant managed to stumble to his feet. "What are you talking about? You have all gone mad! I demand to know what's going on here! Who do you come on behalf of?"

"We need come on no one's behalf!" the lieutenant from Mahakhi's tribe shouted in return. "You apparently do not recognize him by his face, but surely you recognize Lord Djuta in name?"

The robber lieutenant blinked, then glanced at Djuta. "You are...Lord Djuta?" he said, his voice suddenly uneasy.

Ameni wondered exactly where this unease had come from.

"Lord Djuta needs no permissions," the other lieutenant went on in a challenging voice. "So I suggest you stop demanding what you do not deserve to know!"

The robber lieutenant blinked a few times, then managed a slight scowl. "It does not matter even if you are Djuta, which I doubt! You hardly look threatening enough! I doubt T'uris would send out any of his best after us when he is our greatest benefactor! I suggest you head back to your tribe!"

Djuta tilted his head. "And what? Allow you to continue pillaging? Even T'uris has his limits. We've come to enforce them. We have permission from the general himself to whip whatever mangy curs insist on slinking about outside our city."

"This is impossible! I refuse to believe it!" the robber lieutenant shouted, backed up by several of his men. He bared his teeth and took a challenging step toward Djuta. "If it's true, then prove it!"

Snap. The robber jumped back, grabbing at his foot. He shot a venomous look at Resikh, who stood with a whip extended. Blood trickled over the robber's sandal and he hissed.

"You will not DARE do that again, mutt!"

"I won't?" Resikh questioned, drawing up the whip as if ready to lash it again. Djuta held up his hand to stay the motion and nodded at the robbers.

"No, he will not; but there is someone else who is interested in speaking with you. You will probably remember him, or somebody close to him."

The robber lieutenant made a disgusted face. "What in the Duat are you even babbling about? And again I ask what is this junk about a murder? We have murdered no one!"


"Oh? You do not remember?..." Djuta began, before a shape pushed its way to the front of the group, teeth and claws bared. The lieutenant found himself gaping at Thi'usa, bruises still upon his ribs and limbs.

"My Ki'amit," Thi'usa snarled, like a mad dog. "You killed her child. My child. You are a murderer."

"Child--?" The Kana blinked with confusion before realization began to come to his face. "Wait...the...the young girl...she was yours? She was with child--?"

"Bastard! YOU KNEW!" Thi'usa lunged forward, restrained only by Djuta and another of Mahakhi's Kana. Even the well-trained soldiers had a difficult time of restraining him; Ameni knew why, because Thi'usa had once been one of their own. Perhaps had even trained with these same Apsiu. They pulled him back and prevented him from exacting his own swift justice, and Resikh turned to the lieutenant.

"As if you did not know this?" he said. "While her blood was running down your legs did you simply forget to look?" He spat casually at the lieutenant's feet. "Here, a gift for you. The most that you deserve."

"How could I have known the bitch was pregnant!" the lieutenant snapped, before Thi'usa howled and lunged again.

"YOU KNEW! Do not lie and say you didn't know! The whole time you did that to her you LAUGHED about it! You thought it was AMUSING to watch our child die! THERE IS NO WAY YOU DID NOT KNOW!"

The robber's ear flicked and he looked at Thi'usa nervously, taking a step or two back as that was as far as he could go. "You aren't going to let him go, are you?" he exclaimed. "Look at him! He can barely control himself!"

"This is what happens when you murder a man's child," Resikh said. "Were I in my right mind, I think I'd let him go."

The lieutenant's lip curled up. "For the gods' sakes! They are only Moru!"

"They are not your Moru," Djuta said mildly. The other Kana murmured and started casting looks at the robbers, hands upon their weapons. The robber lieutenant licked his lips and darted a nervous glance about him.

"Come now...we are both Kana here," he wheedled. "Surely there is some sort of agreement we can reach? You did get them back, did you not? We meant no harm--"

"Which is why you beat us? Tortured us?" Ameni found himself talking before he even realized it. Mahakhi's men looked at him but said nothing as he moved forward, fists clenched. "Raped the women? The children? Tormented all of us? By this you 'meant no harm'?"

"It was a mistake, merely a mistake! We were informed you were free for the taking--is this not what Kana do with their Moru?" He turned to Djuta, nearly begging now. "There is no way T'uris could have sanctioned this! You cannot punish us over Moru! We will pay the fine and go!"

"You've run up quite a debt," Djuta said. "I do not think a mere fine will suffice this time."

"Damn it, they are MORU!" The robber lieutenant flung out his arm, gesturing at Ameni with disgust. "And a human! You stand up for a HUMAN now? Are you truly the Djuta I've heard of? Defending Moru and humans? Where is your spine? Haven't you better things to do?"

"Theft and assault are not petty matters," Resikh said, muzzle wrinkling. "As Kana, you should know the law better."

"I DO know the law! And nowhere does it say that the penalty for stealing Moru shall be physical punishment!"

"The punishment is left to the owner of the Moru. In this case, Captain Nehekhi."

The robber lieutenant sneered. "I do not see HIM anywhere hereabouts to speak up for this!"

Djuta's mouth twitched. "And so...now you retract your story? About these Moru being free for the taking? You could hardly have been accepting them, if their owner was not there to approve of the transaction. What other facts would you like to amend?"

The robber hesitated and then started stammering. He finally resorted to flinging up his arms and screaming in a rage. "EVEN IF IT WAS THEFT! He is not here! Not here to request punishment! Here there are only YOU, and these MORU! You have no right to do this!"

"We have received a special permission this day," Djuta replied. "Upon orders from our captain, and with the consent of General T'uris, these Moru have been granted the right to request punishment in the absence of their master--who you so skillfully excluded from this matter. I'm inclined to believe Lord Nehekhi might have been a little more lenient than your victims will be. But then again, that was your decision, not ours." He gestured at the group of Kana standing behind him, and they lifted their heads and grinned, eyes glinting. "We have been assigned to carry out said punishment, as soon as these Moru decide what it shall be."

"Shall I slice off his wings for you, human?" Mahakhi's other lieutenant suggested to Ameni, lifting his sword in the air.

The robber lieutenant's eyes went wide. "You...this...you cannot do this! They're just MORU! THEY ARE NOTHING BUT SLAVES!"


"Feh. I'm growing impatient." Djuta reached and pulled another dagger from his belt. "Let's just be done with it before they start whining even worse, do you agree, Resikh?"

"Wait! We are Kana!" the robber lieutenant cried, holding out his hands. The other robbers bared their teeth with fear, nodding wildly. "You cannot treat us this way! We are KANA!"

"You gave up that title long ago," Djuta snorted. He turned to Thi'usa. "Moru, you are certain he is the one? The one who hurt your Ki'amit?"

"It was he," Thi'usa said, his voice deadly low. He nodded once at the robber lieutenant. "He was the one who took her from me. Who murdered my child."

"This was a mistake! How many times must I tell you? We did not intend it! I would never have hurt her if--"

"Lies!" Ameni shouted. "It would not have mattered if she were not with child? Would you have felt justified raping her then? Is THIS what you say?"

"No--no! This is not what I mean!"

"Come on, come now." Djuta handed the dagger to Thi'usa. "We haven't all day. Let the Moru have a bit of fun, then perhaps these dungeaters will have learned their lesson."

"What--?" The lieutenant gawked at Thi'usa, who clutched the dagger and stepped forward. He let out a sharp barking laugh which was nonetheless tinged with fear. "Surely you do not think these puny Moru can take us on? They failed to do so before, why should they start now--!"

Thi'usa threw his head back and screamed with rage. The robber lieutenant dodged away only to be grabbed by two of Mahakhi's Kana and forced down to the ground. The other robbers were likewise restrained and pushed down. Djuta slammed the lieutenant's face into the dirt and he coughed, gagging for air.

"You--damned bastards! I will tell your commander about this--!"

"Fah. Remember? He is the one who sent us." Crack! The robber's jaw struck the ground again and again he spat blood. Djuta stepped upon his back and waved the other Kana away but continued holding the robber down himself; he wasn't as large as the enemy lieutenant, but appeared to be just as strong. "Thi'usa-Moru," he said to Thi'usa. "Do what you wish. Likewise with the rest of you. Let us teach them a little lesson before they go."

Thi'usa bared his teeth in a silent snarl and gripped the dagger. The robber lieutenant peered at him over his shoulder, eyes wide, before beginning to struggle futilely. He actually let out a Morulike bleating sound as soon as Thi'usa knelt down and wrenched at his legs, pulling them apart. He flipped up the Kana's kilt and slashed away his loincloth, leaving him bared. Ameni, standing a little distance away, stared.

"My poorest Ki'amit," Thi'usa snarled, his face livid with fury. "My child. My child! Did you enjoy her? Did you enjoy her as you murdered my child within her?"

"You--he--he is mad! Get him away from me!!" The Kana struggled to free himself, Thi'usa lifting the dagger. Djuta grabbed hold of one of the Kana's legs, holding it down. Ameni gaped as his friend's eyes glittered maniacally, his voice rising into a shriek.

"I'll GIVE you something you can enjoy, dirt-eating DOG!"

With that his arm swept down, bringing the dagger plunging not into the Kana's back, as Ameni had been expecting--and praying--it would, but between his legs. The blade plunged into his anus and the Kana let out a scream more shattering than any Ameni had heard even from their own number while in torture. He grimaced and jerked his head away. Even Djuta blinked with surprise at the depth of Thi'usa's rage as the Moru brought the dagger back and plunged it inside the Kana repeatedly. Blood sprayed across all three of them, turning Thi'usa's face and arm scarlet, yet he didn't notice. His eyes bulged and his tongue lolled from his mouth as he stabbed, his own scream growing louder as the Kana's began to weaken. Indeed, the lieutenant's eyes, before wider than any Ameni had ever seen, now began to glaze over, and his muscles began to loosen. His tongue protruded from between his teeth but his body went completely limp, his ragged cry dying. Still Thi'usa stabbed him, ramming the blade into him in a sickening parody of wild sex.

"How do you enjoy it now?" he screamed. "Is it fitting for you? Is it the right size? HOW DO YOU ENJOY IT NOW?!"

Djuta leaned down, swiping blood from his eyes, and felt at the Kana's neck. He paused and then let go of the lieutenant, reaching out to take Thi'usa's arm. "Thi'usa, he is dead."

The Moru didn't stop. His arms plunged down over and over at the shredded, mangled hole. Djuta finally grabbed onto him and dragged him back, Thi'usa still screaming and protesting.

"Thi'usa! Cease! He is dead!"

Thi'usa wailed and struggled. "He cannot be dead!"

"He is. The shock has killed him. You have taken your revenge. Leave his body for the dogs!"

Thi'usa finally seemed to understand, and his screaming died down. His own muscles went slack and the dagger fell from his fingers, hitting the ground. Blood stained him red from head to foot; Ameni could barely stand to look at him, especially now that he began to return to reality. Thi'usa blinked a few times and looked around him, seemingly dazed, before realizing what had happened. He whimpered and slowly slid to the ground, covering his face with his hands, shoulders shaking. At first Ameni believed him to be grieving over the atrocity of what he had done, only to hear him murmur, as soon as Djuta touched his shoulder, "I wish I could kill him again, and again. A million times over! Damn him for dying so easily on me...!"

Someone touched Ameni's arm and he jumped. Resikh stood beside him, and with a grave look held out a dagger, similar to the one Thi'usa had used. Ameni stared at it numbly.

"Here, Moru. Yours. Thi'usa tells me that one gave you trouble." He nodded at a second lieutenant being restrained upon the ground--Ameni recognized him as the primary one who had assaulted Thi'usa and himself--and pressed the dagger into Ameni's hand. "He's yours now. Do whatever you wish."

"I..." Ameni's voice was faint, weak and sick. "I...can't...kill him."

Resikh's ear twitched. "Can't? You will not be punished, Moru. We do this on Lord Mahakhi's word, remember."

"No, I...I can't. I...I can't kill another. Out of revenge." His hand started to shake, though his fingers just clutched the dagger tighter. "I can't do it like you can..."

"Overcome it," Resikh prompted. "See, he cowers before you. Remember what he did, and give him tenfold." The Kana nudged him forward so he fell to his knees before the kneeling lieutenant. As soon as their eyes met it was as if something snapped in Ameni's mind. Looking into those eyes, now filled with terror, he suddenly saw his own eyes. It was not the Kana kneeling before him, but him kneeling before the Kana. A huge member shoved down his throat so he nearly choked, Thi'usa's whimpers of pain, even as he could hear poor Ki'amit's screams as she lost her child.

Thi'usa. Raped and violated. Ki'amit. Bereft of her child. Hiakh and Kiakh, humiliated. Tai'ihet, beaten and pummeled. Himself, gagged and assaulted and dirtied. All of them, shamed and broken. His fingers gouged bloody trails into his palms as the fury rose inside him.

"You," he whispered, and his voice came out broken. He spoke louder. "You. You and the rest. I hope you enjoyed what time you had. That time's all over now. It was all over before it was begun. We own you now. Never forget this!" He leaned forward and spat this last line in the Kana's face, earning a flinch and a whimper. "Never forget this!" he hissed, and reached out to grab the Kana's ears, yanking his head back violently so he gurgled.

Djuta and Resikh, and Mahakhi's other lieutenant, who held the robber down, watched with open curiosity. The rest of Mahakhi's Kana smirked; the robbers bared their teeth again, a few of them whining and earning kicks from their captors.

Ameni leaned close, whispered so only the lieutenant could hear him.

"Never forget this where you're going."

The Kana let out a wailing noise. His eyes begged Ameni to stop but all Ameni could see was Thi'usa, forced to kneel and submit; Hiakh and Kiakh, forced to do humiliating things; Tai'ihet, bruised and battered; Ki'amit, bloody and sobbing. He couldn't see himself. Only all of them.

"Moru! Please--!" the robber Kana begged.

With a scream Ameni brought the blade plunging down, into the Kana's open mouth. It sliced through his tongue and lodged in the back of his throat. The robber's eyes rolled wildly and he gurgled anew as blood spurted out of his mouth, reddening the earth. The lieutenant restraining him sputtered when red smacked across his face, but offered a savage grin. Thi'usa howled and shook his bloody fist at the air. Djuta and Resikh looked impressed. The other robbers wailed aloud, their horror obvious. It wasn't long before the Kana's eyes rolled back in his head and he sagged, choking on his own blood, the life flowing from him to spatter the ground.

As quickly as it had come, Ameni's fit of rage passed over him, and he gasped and let go of the robber's head so abruptly that it thunked against the earth. He stood up and backed away hastily, nearly tripping. Seeing the dagger still in his hand, he gasped again and tossed it aside as if it were a snake. He looked at the blood dripping down his hands and couldn't believe what he'd just done. He couldn't stop trembling; the bile rose in his throat.

What...what am I doing...? How did I do this? How did I do this...?

"Good show," Djuta murmured. He waved at the third lieutenant, who let go of the robber's limp body and stood, wiping his hands and smirking. "All right. Men! The rest of them! Teach them a little lesson before we send them along." Djuta's eyes narrowed. "We'll let them know how welcome they are to helping themselves to others' Moru without permission. Such will be the apt punishment of Moru thieves! They will be nothing more than Moru!"

The robbers protested as they were dragged back up into kneeling positions, but forced to remain down. A few of them were begging aloud by now, pleading to be let go, they would never do it again, please let them go. Mahakhi's men ignored them or else laughed at them. Some of them endured punches and pushes without a word, though whimpers still escaped them.

Ameni tried to wipe the blood from his hands upon his kilt. He was shaking badly. He watched as Djuta stepped up before one of the kneeling Kana, lifting his kilt and loosing his loincloth. He forced himself inside the Kana's throat before he could pull away. At other places in the clearing, the other Kana were doing the same, pushing thick members into protesting mouths while knives or swords were held at their captives' throats. Djuta grabbed the now-sobbing Kana's ears and forced his head forward, gagging him, and started pushing his hips, narrowing his eyes and panting. His teeth were bared. Ameni had to turn away.

Thi'usa clenched his fist. "This is fitting," he exclaimed. "What the scum deserve. They will be nothing but Moru now! Cursed to live with this shame forever!"

Ameni opened his mouth to argue, and ended up leaning over, vomiting upon the ground instead. Thi'usa's eyes widened and he stood, rushing forward; Resikh managed to grab hold of Ameni's arm and kept him from falling.

"Are you all right, Moru?" he asked, sounding concerned.

Your friend is forcing the enemy into hakh'tua. Do I look as if I am all right? Ameni thought, but no words came out. Thi'usa reached him, leaning down with a worried look.

"Ameni-mate! Are you all right?"

"I..." Ameni gagged and retched, a dry heave, and pressed his hand to his mouth. "I don't..."

"Please, come, sit over here." Thi'usa took his arm and led him to sit down near the Sha, which stood eating the grass; a few stray Kana sat about, chewing on dried fish and chattering over the panting and grunting noises in the clearing, as if nothing were even happening. Even Thi'usa appeared to find nothing wrong with the situation as he wiped the blood and sweat from Ameni's brow, cooing as if he were a child. "There, now. Merely ill but a moment. You will recover. We all shall, I pray, now that this is all over."

"This..." Ameni coughed, wiping his mouth. "How...how can we...do this...?"

"This? What?" Thi'usa gave a puzzled frown before blinking in surprise. "Oh. You mean this?" He waved at the clearing. At this moment, the third lieutenant stood not far away, clutching a robber's head to his crotch and grunting harshly as he thrust. "This is their punishment. As mild as it is. We cannot kill them all. This would bring trouble to Lord Mahakhi. You do remember what Lord Djuta said, do you not?"

Ameni didn't bother asking again. He knew Thi'usa couldn't understand what he truly meant, that among his people, at least, such behavior as they were now engaging in was nothing better than what the enemy had done. He supposed it was simply the Kana mindset, to see the punishment as being somehow better than what he and the other Moru had gone through. He couldn't help but look again, sick fascination overcoming him. The forced hakh'tua had been admittedly brief; most Kana were now finishing the job, jerking and groaning as they released in their captives' mouths. Djuta followed suit, his buttocks quivering as he climaxed. Ameni tried to take comfort in the fact that it didn't look as if Djuta had actually gained any pleasure from the act, but seeing him do this--someone who had seemed so quiet and compassionate, before--was something he couldn't quite reconcile with the first impression in his mind. This Djuta and the Djuta who had spoken with him earlier seemed almost like two different Kana.

Djuta pulled himself unceremoniously from the Kana before him, whose head immediately sank down almost to the ground, ribs heaving, too numb even to cry. The other robbers acted much the same way when released, and none of them spoke up in protest anymore. Their wings drooped, their spirits broken.

"Ha! See! Most effective!" Thi'usa stood, fists clenching. Ameni took hold of his arm to help himself up, still pale and shaking sick. Djuta lifted the flap of his kilt again and grabbed onto his penis. A stream of urine sprayed from him, splashing over the head of the kneeling Kana, who started sputtering and shaking his head. Mahakhi's men laughed loudly; several more did the same, pissing upon their captives, one or two of them even squatting down and grunting, defecating upon their heads. A few more simply spat voluminously, kicking dust on them. Ameni shook harder and leaned against Thi'usa, who held on to him.

"Come, now," Djuta sneered, dropping his kilt again and leaning down toward the robber in front of him. "Surely you can still walk? Get up on your own two feet, Kana." He grabbed his robber's arm and dragged him to his feet. The Kana kept his head down, his body swaying. His eyelids drooped and his breathing was irregular. "Take a look, we have decided to be lenient today. We won't slash your wings after all. Since you are so good at hakh'tua."

Howls and hoots of laughter rose from Mahakhi's Kana. The robbers didn't respond or lift their heads.

"You all go back to your own territory now," Djuta ordered. "Leave your two 'friends' here with us. Whoever finds their skulls buried in the sand years from now will still know what happened to teach them their lesson. Around here, we do not welcome the theft of others' precious Moru. One does not simply steal someone's slaves, murder their pups, and expect to get off free; not on East Tribe land, no matter who your friends are." He grasped the Kana's ears and gave his head a shake. "Do you understand this, now?"

"Y...yes, Lord," the robber said weakly.

"Good!" Djuta let him go and kicked his sword toward his feet so the Kana stooped to retrieve it in silence. "Then all of you may be on your way. We hope we were not too inhospitable, no?" A few chuckles sounded when the robber shook his head. "Good then."

Resikh pointed toward the desert. "There is the way home. The moment you are spotted again on East Tribe land, your wings will be flayed, as slowly as a knife can carve through them." The Kana standing around him laughed; Ameni weakly ran his hand across his forehead, his fingers coming away wet and clammy. He felt like throwing up again, but his stomach rumbled emptily and he could only cough.

"Much safety on your return!" the third lieutenant shouted, and the laughter rose up again as the robbers retrieved their weapons and goods, hurriedly untying their Sha and heading out into the desert. None of them cast a glance back as they went, walking considerably faster than Ameni had seen them walk before. Once they had started to fade from sight a few of the others stepped toward the two bodies lying in the sand, spitting on them and kicking them as if they were still alive. Resikh used his sword to cut their heads off, although the head of Ameni's victim was in sore shape already; a second Kana stuck their two abandoned swords into the ground, pommels upwards, and the third lieutenant took a moment to mount the grisly trophies upon them. Yet another wave of nausea passed over Ameni and he leaned over and gagged, loosing only spit. He started coughing violently, his throat bone dry and burning.

Someone touched his shoulder and then he felt something cool and wet pressed to his lips. Ameni grasped the waterskin that was offered to him and managed to stand upright, tilting it back and guzzling its contents, sputtering the entire way. It felt as if he spat up more than he swallowed, but at least the racking pain died away and he was able to breathe again without choking. A hand patted his back as he caught his breath, and he saw Djuta standing beside him. It was the same Djuta from Mahakhi's household, not the one from mere moments ago; at least, the look in his eyes was different. Ameni felt himself start to relax as he spoke.

"It is over now, Ameni-human. I doubt they'll be returning, at least any time soon. We will have a few more little things to clear up with T'uris, but they're not of your concern. You and Thi'usa can rest safely tonight, and your master will be coming along soon."

"Nehekhi...?" Ameni gasped stupidly, and Djuta nodded.

"The messenger should return with him within days. In the meantime you and your friends are guests of Mahakhi. And if you should need anything else before then, you have only to ask for me. Resikh, and Nehef and Ahai'ikh, they are also willing to assist you if you need them. But I wished to tell you personally that you may call upon me at any hour, and I will come."

Ameni stared at the Kana, wiping his mouth and coughing weakly. "Why are you so concerned about us?" he asked, his voice papery thin. "Why do you care so much what happens to Moru?"

Djuta blinked, as if caught offguard by the question; then he gave a slight, odd smile. "I suppose I know how it should feel to be treated as you have been," he said, simply, then before Ameni could question this strange comment, he had turned away and started shouting out orders to the rest of the Kana. "We head back now! Before daybreak. T'uris will start wondering where we are. Wind will reach him soon of what exactly's gone on out here, and it would be best for us to be present once it does so we may defend ourselves. Gather yourselves and let's return."

The rest of the Kana replaced their swords and daggers, still chattering as if nothing much had happened except a slight squabble. Ameni wasn't certain if he could walk, but Thi'usa's hand beneath his elbow helped support him on his way back toward the Sha, left tethered near the outcropping. He was grateful for the animals now, and slumped upon one's back while the other Kana mounted around him. He must have been much more exhausted than he'd thought, for he dozed off on the way back, and despite all that had happened, he had no more dreams.



Continue:

"Part 11: Reunion


Please REVIEW if you rate.
Please DO NOT rate if you won't review.
Thank you!



This item is NOT looking for literary critique. I already understand spelling/grammar, and any style choices I make are my own. Likewise, I am NOT seeking publication, so suggestions on how to make this publishable are not being sought.

This item IS looking for people who are simply interested in reading, especially in long/multipart stories, and who like to comment frequently. My primary intent is to entertain others, so if you read this and find it entertaining, please let me know so and let me know why.

If in the course of enjoying the story you do find something that you feel could use improvement, feel free to bring it up. Just know that that's not my primary purpose in posting this here.

If you have any questions about the story or anything within it, feel free to ask.

I do hope you enjoy! :)

© Copyright 2002 Tehuti, Lord Of The Eight (tehuti_88 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/512953-Part-10--Vengeance