*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/516176-As-the-crows-go-by
Rated: E · Article · Animal · #516176
A girl's dream of turning into a crow becomes a deam come true.
I was 4 years old when it all started. I was always so superstitious. One winter morning I woke up early enough to see a flock of crows go by in the morning light blue sky. Ever since that experience I wanted and longed to fly. That night a wind blew and the first star came out. I raced outside trying hard not to lose a second. Then I wished on the star to let me someday live life as a crow. The next day I went to preschool. I had a regular day of school. I came back home and ate some cookies and milk. That night I dreamed my wish had come true and I was a crow dancing and flying high in the sky. A year later I had the same dream I had had the night I wished on the stars. The strange thing was it was the exact same day it was the year before when I wished on the stars. The only thing that was different was the year. When I looked on the calendar that was digital this is what I saw: 12-15-10.(December15,2010) It was strange because every year after that it was same thing. But, one year it changed. That year the digital calendar looked like this: 12-15- 18.(December15,2018 I knew what the dream was going to look like that night. I had seen it 7 times already. So, I knew exactly what it would be like tonight’s dream. I thought I would always see that dream every year but, I was wrong, absolutely wrong. That night I was woken up by a voice that said, "Lily, I would like to introduce myself" it was a tingly voice it sounded almost like bells. I was wondering where the sound was coming from. Then the voice said," My name is Mary angel of dreams" at that time I wondered if I was dreaming so, I pinched myself but, I was really awake. Mary kept on going and announced "I will now read the instructions on how to make your wish come true of living the life of a crow.
· When you are 16 years old on the 15th of December go on the rooftop of Bernett’s house. Bernett is the girl who lives on the house across the street of where you’re going to live when you move.
· When you get on the roof you will see a nest full of eggs.
· Picks the one you like best.
· Jump into the nest.
· You will become a crow.
Well, I have to go because there are people who are still waiting for their dreams to come true." "Mary! Don’t go!" I shouted. "Mary!" I started to weep for I didn’t want to wait till I was 16 and December! 3 more years! Suddenly the door flied open. It was my blond, wavy, haired, interfering, Mom. "What’s wrong? Did you have a bad dream?" she said. "nothing happened. It’s perfectly OK in here." I said while motioning her to go away. I think she got the idea.

3 years passed
We had moved. Today was the day! I climbed up on my neighbor’s roof. I saw yellow colored eggs and blue colored eggs all kinds. I picked the plain white and jumped. I felt feathers grow and my weight change. Swirls of colors were in my eyes. Swirling swirling.Stop. I was a crow. I arrived at a nest. There were four crows. The biggest most beautiful crow squawked in an amazing different language. She said, "Welcome! The new Yamela has arrived!" I could understand crow! I was awed at the thought. " Who is yamela ?" I asked. "Yamela is the name of the queen of all crows. Yamela is you."she said.
© Copyright 2002 BookWorm (18et at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/516176-As-the-crows-go-by