*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/517390-Part-41--Fling
Rated: XGC · Serial · Erotica · #517390
Pekhten muses, Khetai seeks revenge, and Tas'eta faces a hard reality...
DISCLAIMER: Underage character(s) involved.


Note: This item has been rewritten and edited. All text in rose is BRAND NEW MATERIAL for this chapter of the story. In addition there are many minor changes to the original text itself. Please enjoy this new, expanded version of Part 41 and be on the lookout for updates to the next parts!



PEKHTEN SAT IN the dim light cast by his lone lamp, the large wooden box open beside him, the stack of papyri spilling across the small table. Several sat in his lap. He unrolled one after another and read over their contents for what might have been the hundredth time, for he had read them nearly as many times as Binena and Tas'eta had...nearly, as he was certain Tas'eta had read them the most of all. The older ones were worn from how many times they had been handled over the years, and Pekhten read them one after another, a faint smile tugging at the corners of his mouth every so often, although his eyes remained always wistful and sad.

Greetings Lord Pekhten-Kana! I wished to let you know we have made it home safely, thanks to the friendship of your tribe. I thought it best to tell you so that you might not worry about me anymore, as I know you would be likely to do--you are as much an uncle to me as any Kana I have ever met! I would so hate the thought of you worrying over me...

Greetings, Lord Pekhten; life, strength, health! This is wonderful news you have sent me! I am not in the least unsettled by this, but proud a million times over. I am happy that such a thing was to have happened in your house. In fact, I ask that you please keep me fully informed of all events so that I may not be left in the dark on this matter. I fully wish to follow through with this to the end!...

Greetings, Pekhten-Kana; life, strength, health! The moment I received and read your letter my heart was filled to overflowing with joy for you, for your Moru, and for me! I am delighted to hear of his arrival, and overjoyed that you should ask me to send along a name for him. I have been thinking long and hard as we go over our training, what would be a suitable name for a male or a female; and though I truly did not concern myself with which it would be, still, I am as proud as anything to hear it is a boy! I have the perfect name in mind for him as well; I know you will laugh at it, but it is only fitting, seeing as he was born in the absence of his father. I would like for you to call him
Tas'eta...but as he grows up, I so hope that you will let him know, it is in sadness that I give him such a name, but in fullest happiness that I was able to name him at all...please never let him forget that if I had known, I would never have left him behind...

Greetings to the house of Lord Pekhten! My heart is bursting with joy today! For I received your latest letter immediately following a horrible rout with an enemy tribe; we were sorely tested, yet we stood strong. Seeing your scroll was like a good omen for me following this event! Even as my wings ached and my limbs bled I opened it up and read that my Tas'eta is truly a Kana! I am overjoyed beyond words to hear of this news! You will raise him properly, won't you, Pekhten-Kana? I am still unable to make my way back to your tribe, and it may be a long while yet before I can; so please promise me you will watch after him as best as I would myself if I were there. And make certain he keeps those wings of his in shape! The moment I meet him, I intend to beat him at flying, and if he loses, it shall be your fault!...

To Lord Pekhten-Kana, life, strength, health!: Greetings, Lord! I am so pleased to finally hear from you again. I am equally pleased to hear of the progress of my dear Tas'eta-Kana and of his entrance into the Kana army! You will let him know for me that I fully expect him to do his best, and to earn his lappets, and to do everything within his power to make me proud of him! Will you not? And should he himself see this letter, I will tell him myself that I am already proud of him, no matter how far apart we may be from each other; I could be in the Duat itself, and I would still be cheering my Tas'eta on, for making me so proud of him...

To Captain Pekhten, life, strength, health! Gracious greetings again, Lord; my spirit has been troubled as of late, but I will not burden you with the details. Your letter was more than enough to lift the clouds from around my heart. To hear that my Tas-Kana is now a lieutenant! This is news the likes of which fills me with pride for him. If I may be so bold, Pekhten-Brother, I seem to recall long ago that you yourself were seeking a personal lieutenant of your own! Well, need you look any further?--you know already of what material he is made, and you have me to vouch for him! I know how greatly he looks up to you, and to have you as his captain would make him as proud as I am! What do you say to this, Pekhten-Kana?...

To Captain Pekhten of the West Oasis Tribe: Life! Strength! Health! Greetings, Pekhten-Brother! I had been afraid I would not hear from you again! Always your letters come from the blue, but like the sunshine, they are always welcomed. I have heard that my Tas'eta has grown to be a proud strong Kana. I know in my heart that if he were here, he should make me most proud of him. He does from afar. I wish only that I could see his progress for myself. I trust you to keep me informed of it. I know I shall never have anything to regret of him, and that he shall also acquire all the best I knew of you. You are a most honorable friend. I thank you always for telling him of me. Should he ask of me himself, let him know that I shall always be proudest of him, as proud as any father may be of his son. Times are troubled as of late, but should these times soon pass, please let him know I fully intend to come see to him myself, as I should have done long ago. I know we should both enjoy such a meeting! In the meantime, do you take good care of him, Pekhten-Brother, and I will write to you again soon...


Pekhten's eyes came to the end of the letter, and he sighed. He let it roll shut, and placed it back in its box, then dropped his hand into his lap and stared off into space for a long while.

Foolish 'Hekhi...always believing there was a tomorrow, that you would write your next letter, that the day would be good, that you would at last come to meet us again...and Tas-Kana for the first time...and always putting it off for another day. Tas-Kana is forgiving, and has a foolish happy heart, just like you had...which is best, else it would be broken into a million pieces by now. I do not think you knew how much he ached to meet you. It is easy to forget things, with distance...but he was always waiting for the day you would come...the day which never came...

His eyes blurred and he shut them and lowered his head, his brow pinching. He rubbed at it as if he had a headache, though in truth it was his heart that hurt at that moment. He sighed once more and scooped all the letters into their box and closed it. He had not even expected to find them here, as Binena had been planning to take them with him; apparently the sergeant had changed his mind, or else forgotten. Pekhten doubted he would have forgotten. He stood and strode from his room and out into the courtyard to take in a breath of the cool evening air, and looked up at the stars, and wondered if any of those which he looked upon were the same ones that Tas'eta must be looking upon. If any were the same ones that Nehekhi had once looked upon, long ago.

He stared at the sky in silence, though he barely saw the stars anymore. Instead he saw the small band of travelers from the faraway tribe, first setting foot outside their city, a group of Kana armed with swords and spears and axes, covered from head to foot in dust so that they were nearly the color of the desert itself. He remembered that they had been amazed that the tribe had no wall, and their captain had even joked with him about it. Pekhten had set them up in his household without a second thought, something he would not be as likely to do nowadays, considering their armed state, and the state of the land in these times. He remembered the youngest member of their group the most of all, the young Kana in the black lappets, who looked as if he had only just learned how to use his sword. His eyes had been big and bright despite all the dust and sweat upon him, and Pekhten had made certain to show him to his own room and bed, so he could sleep away his exhaustion and awaken refreshed in the morning. Yet the youth had been far away from home and did not seem anywhere near ready to sleep. Even the best efforts of Pekhten to lull him into a drowse had not worked, and he remembered how wet the young Kana's eyes had been, as he sat alone in his room.

"This is my first time so far from my home, Lord...my first time away for so long, as well, in fact...you will not tell them that I could not sleep, will you...?"

They had spent the better part of the first part of the night talking with each other, and that was how Pekhten had learned most of what he knew about the Kana Nehekhi. He was thirteen years of age, had been training in the military for almost two years so far, and was working hard on earning his sergeant's lappets. He intended to become a lieutenant, perhaps first lieutenant to the general someday. He hoped to help bring glory to his family and to his tribe in battle, and to kill many Kemeti and enemies, and to buy himself the biggest Moru stables of any in the tribe, and to have a dozen Kana sons and more. All of this he said with his large eyes alight, and the entire time they spoke, he shed not a tear. By the time the deepest night had fallen and Pekhten had had to leave, he had hated the sight of those eager young eyes growing so sad yet again. And so he had called down to his Moru quarters, and turned to speak to the young Kana again, before he departed.

"I cannot guarantee you anything on most of your plans and wishes, 'Hekhi-Kana, but I fully believe that your own skill and luck will get you far. I can however help you make yourself comfortable here tonight...and I hope you always remember, you always have a bed and a home and a listening ear within my household, should you need them..."

The pup had seemed confused, reluctant...yet his face had lit up again on seeing the other young face that had arrived at the door, the Moru peering in at him, and the two of them looked curiously at each other. Pekhten had stood aside as she stepped hesitantly into the room, casting him one last glance before turning back to the young Kana still within. The female had seemed anxious, uneasy...yet as he turned to leave the room for the last time that night, he saw the young Kana offer a shy smile, and the Moru offered her own in return, before the door closed behind him.

He had heard no more complaints the entire night, and had not had to escort any reluctant Kana back to their rooms; most of them slept like the dead, exhausted by their travels in the desert, and it had taken Pekhten everything he'd had just to awaken Nehekhi in the morning, though he knew the youth's exhaustion was not entirely from their training. After all, he had also had to pry the snoring Kana's arms from around the Moru, before being able to drag him out of bed...

And he had passed their room once later after leaving them, to make certain before retiring himself that they would be all right...peering within, the sight of the young Moru upon her hands and knees, her willowy limbs spread and her tiny breasts heaving as she quivered and whimpered...the young Kana grasping her narrow hips in his hands and rocking himself in and out of her...the two of them gasping and moaning softly as they swayed and shook, the female arching her back and letting out trembling mews of desire despite the trickle of blood running down her thighs...had convinced him that for now, Nehekhi-Kana would be all right. Even as he'd watched, before turning away, the boy had bent his head down to nuzzle at his young mate's neck, growling softly, and she had tilted her head back, and sighed, and smiled, and his claws running gently up and down her breasts and belly as his tail quivered and his buttocks pushed insistently at her own had proved that he would not likely have much trouble growing accustomed to his bed for the rest of the night.

Though the soft whimpering and panting, and the muted grunts and cries of pleasure, had taken quite a while to eventually die away, so Pekhten also knew that the young Kana had made himself another friend within the household, as well...

And so he had been relieved that his young charge had been so groggy come morning, when he had had to separate them at last, the boy still blinking and yawning even as the Moru, no longer quite so untouched, had been led reluctantly from his room, casting glances back at him as she went, her own eyes as large and clear as his were. When he had noticed her leaving he had again seemed so disconsolate, that Pekhten had made certain they could see each other again, before the members of the visiting tribe had to depart once more for their faraway home. When he'd had to explain the youth's tardiness to his comrades, at least he had had the excited, high-pitched cries and frantic scrabbling noises of the two saying their farewells to each other in the Moru quarters, to back up his story; the older Kana had all laughed, but it was all in good fun, and they had all waved goodbye as they left the West Oasis Tribe forever, Nehekhi waving the longest of all. Pekhten had not ever expected to see or hear of them again.

Not until visiting his Moru quarters some weeks later, and having his hand placed against the soft belly of the young Moru, her eyes shy and uncertain but glowing faintly with hope. He had had plans someday of taking her for his own mate. Those plans left him at that moment, and he returned to his own quarters, and fetched a pen and papyrus, and had sat down to write.

The first message he had sent did not refer to the event at all, as he wished to know if it would even reach the faraway tribe, and if the Kana he had met had even made it back at all. When a response had come a month later, he had sent out his second letter, now wishing to make certain whether the youth cared for what had happened or not.

To the Kana Nehekhi, life, strength, and health to his house! Greetings again, young Lord, from your friend Captain Pekhten. I write to bring important news to your attention. You do remember my Moru, she who kept you company while you stayed at my household. She is doing well as of late, although she does sometimes miss you and asks if you will return. I have had to tell her that you are far away, which makes her sad. However, I have been informed of some news which I felt I must share with you. I have learned from the physician that this Moru is now with pup, and is due to birth before the end of the year. She claims to have not been with any other males before or since the night she spent with you, young Lord, and I have never had any reason to doubt her. Thus I should like to share my congratulations with you upon this event, that she who kept you happy while you were here shall make you happy yet again. I am afraid that neither she nor I may make the voyage to your tribe; but I though it best to let you know. Please write as soon as you are able, to give me your thoughts upon this matter. Life! Strength! Health! Your friend, Captain Pekhten...

He had still not expected much, from a youth still at the right age to be chasing other Kana's females about unattended...and so the reply he had gotten two months later had lifted his spirits, and helped to improve his already high opinion of the young Kana. Ever since then, the two of them had kept in touch as best as they could, although the distance was far and the letters were few, and in recent years he could sense the other Kana's difficulty in replying in a timely fashion, and the growing preoccupation which laced his letters; he hoped it had nothing to do with Tas'eta, though he was fairly certain it did not. Nehekhi's enthusiasm over hearing of his son's progress never wavered. Pekhten had only been able to hope that whatever issues he had with his tribe would lessen someday, and Tas'eta would receive a much-welcomed visitor...

That day is not to ever come now, he thought, and stared at the pool, dark under the twilight. What went wrong with all of this...? Why did times have to grow so difficult for us all...?

"You will never know what a son you were to me, 'Hekhi-Kana," he murmured aloud, tail flicking and eyes heavy. He looked at the stars again. "Though I will be sure to let Tas-Kana know what a son he is to me, as I was never able to tell you." He paused. "I only wish you had had the chance to tell him yourself."

The stars flickered, but did not answer. Pekhten stared at them for a good long while. He returned to his house, and peeked in on the Moru quarters to make certain they were asleep and well, before retiring to his own room again, and waiting for sleep to come.

* * * * *


The young Kana's ignorance surprised even Lieutenant Ahai'ikh, who up until then had thought he'd seen just about everything. Upon being shown to his rooms, he had to stop and examine every feature of the quarters, from the canopied bed to the numerous boxes and chests of storage to the wall decorations to the balcony overlooking the courtyard. If Ahai'ikh had not known any better he would have assumed the youth had been living in a cave all this time.

"Such wonderful gardens!" Tas'eta cried, looking out at the courtyard. "We have no such things where I come from--nothing nearly so grand! Even the ceilings here are higher than at home!" He went back to the bed and felt the drapes in one hand. "Such fine material! Not at all like the coarse flimsy stuff we make do with!" He pushed them aside and climbed into the bed, flopping down upon his back and running his hands over the coverings. "So soft and wonderful! It is like sleeping upon water itself!"

Ahai'ikh scratched his head awkwardly. "Ah...yes, Lord...General Mahakhi knows to keep his household furnished with the best of everything." He paused. "Is there anything else you would be interested in seeing, before going to speak with him, Lord? Just say the word and..."

"Oh!" Tas'eta sat upright, ears flaring eagerly. "The Moru quarters! I have heard they are gigantic! Would Mahakhi-Kana allow me to see those at some point--?"

Ahai'ikh nodded. "Yes, I see no harm in it...although you might wish to wait until after you speak with him. Lord Nehekhi's Moru are also being housed there, and..." He trailed off when the boy's face immediately fell, and lapsed into awkward silence again. "...Ah...forgive me, Lord; but we are simply used to them being here."

"Huh? Oh." Tas'eta blushed and averted his eyes. "It...it is all right. I just...it is difficult to convince myself he is really gone." He paused, then lifted his head again. "How did he die, Lord? If I might ask?"

Ahai'ikh blinked and opened his mouth, then shut it, unsure what to do. Tas'eta pushed the drapes aside and climbed out of the bed to come toward him, wringing his hands. "Please--it is all right," he said. "I know that he must have...have died violently, as it was in battle. I...I have fought myself, and know that battles are not orderly things." He bit his lip. "Please, will you tell me? I just wish to know all of him that I can...and so far, no one has really told me..."

Ahai'ikh hemmed and hawed. "I...I must confess, Lord, that I was not present at the battle," he stammered at last. "And so--I am not clear exactly, on all the details of what happened...I apologize, Lord..."

"Oh." Tas'eta's wings lowered, and his stare drifted off to the side. "I...I am sorry. I just assumed..." He turned away slightly and fiddled his fingers. "I had hoped to hear what he did in his last moments...if he said anything, or not...I had sent him a letter a long time back, and he did not ever respond to it, and I intended to send him another...since then I have wondered..."

He turned completely around now, so all Ahai'ikh could see was his wings and tail, and the second lieutenant held his place, rubbing the shaft of his spear uncomfortably. He stood and waited for the younger Kana to decide what they might do next, when tiny sounds drew his attention back, and he frowned when he saw Tas'eta's wings shaking. His brow furrowed and he took a step closer, and then he was certain that the other Kana was crying, trying hard not to let his tears be seen. His chest hitched and he rubbed at his eyes but bit his lip to keep silent.

Ahai'ikh's ears flicked and he cringed, glancing back and forth as if seeking assistance although they were the only ones there. A few times he opened his mouth to try to speak, yet none of the right words came, if there even were any, and he closed it every time. He rubbed at his neck and shifted from foot to foot and wished more than anything that Nehef had taken this job instead.

"He did not even reply," Tas'eta murmured almost inaudibly, and hunched his wings in on himself.

Ahai'ikh rubbed his claws together. "Ah...Lord...?" he said, hesitantly; Tas'eta didn't respond, so he coughed and raised his voice somewhat. "I...I was present, Lord, at his bedside, before he..." He trailed off, not wanting to say the word, but Tas'eta's ear flicked and he could tell he'd been heard. He coughed again and rubbed his neck. "He...he did speak...he spoke with Mahakhi-Kana, and with two of his Moru...he said that he cared deeply for all his Moru, and all his family, including you."

Tas'eta didn't turn his head. "He could not have mentioned me," he murmured. "You said that you had never heard of me until today."

Ahai'ikh cringed again; he hated being caught in a lie. "Ah...he said that he cared deeply for all his family," he said again, and shuffled his feet awkwardly. "You know that this included you as well, Lord."

Tas'eta finally paused in his sniffling, and turned his head to peer back at the other lieutenant. "He said so...?" he asked in a small voice, and Ahai'ikh nodded quickly.

"Yes, Lord, by Maat I swear it."

The gloomy look in Tas'eta's eyes finally began to lift a little, and he let out his breath in relief. "I wished to send him another letter," he murmured, as if taking Ahai'ikh into confidence. "The last he knew of me, I had been made lieutenant...he was so proud of me! He told Lord Pekhten I should be his first lieutenant." He beamed, then dimmed again. "I know, first lieutenant to a captain...in such a tiny tribe...isn't terribly impressive...I mean, you yourself are second lieutenant, and this tribe is so very big, that all this stuff I am telling you must be terribly dull..."

"Of course not, Lord," Ahai'ikh said. "Truth to tell, a big tribe is full of mundane things. A lieutenant does much the same things in a big tribe as he does in a small tribe."

"Really?" Tas'eta looked interested. "What do you do all day, if I might ask?"

Ahai'ikh blinked. "Ah..." He rubbed his head. "Well...I carry out Lord Mahakhi's orders...see to things about the household...check on the gate from time to time, and try to keep the first lieutenant out of trouble..."

Tas'eta's face split into a smile. "He is the one named Nehef--yes? He causes you so much trouble--?" He blinked now and tilted his head. "Does Mahakhi-Kana ever get angry with you--?"

Ahai'ikh flushed. "I have never gotten in any sort of trouble with the general," he insisted.

Tas'eta's face screwed up. "I meant any of you! Oh! Please do not worry, I'm only curious. Nothing ever happens in a place like the West Oasis Tribe! Does anything interesting ever happen here--?"

"Well..." Ahai'ikh flushed even harder; he hated gossiping, yet he couldn't think of any other way to tide the young Kana over. "Recently there was a trial before the grand tribunal..."

Tas'eta's face lit up and he clapped his hands. "Oh! That sounds terribly exciting! What was it that happened? Who was on trial--?"

"There were three of them--two Kana and a Moru. Different offenses...it was all dreadfully dull once it got underway..."

"Oh, I simply refuse to believe that! The worst crime I ever saw punished in my tribe was the theft of a Sha!" He made a face. "And do you know what the thief's punishment was? He had to give the animal back, and buy his own!" His muzzle wrinkled. "So terribly boring! I could have died from the dullness!"

Ahai'ikh blinked again, then had to duck his head to hide the first twitch of an involuntary smile. "Trust me, Lord," he said, "boring is not so terrible as it sounds. Some would give their right wing for a chance at living in a peaceful tribe."

"I know, I know," Tas'eta sighed gustily. "Lord Pekhten is always telling me that...I suppose you must be used to such things, and you probably have grand trials every day, so it's likely boring for you, too...still, I do so wish such a thing would happen with us once in a while..."

Ahai'ikh waved. "Come along, Lord, and I'll show you back to Lord Mahakhi's quarters. He should be done speaking with your sergeant, by now. Then if he gives his assent I may show you the Moru quarters."

Tas'eta nodded quickly. "Very well! Just let me find Iast'et..." He paused, then glanced around him. "Little Palm Frond? Where have you gone, Palm Frond...?" His smile faded and he started turning in confused circles, rubbing at his head. "That's odd! She was just behind me when we came here!"

Ahai'ikh's ears pricked and he strode toward the door. The Moru wasn't in sight in the hallway. "When was the last time you remember seeing her, Lord?" he asked.

"Oh...I'm not sure." Tas'eta scratched his ear. "I am certain she was with me as we came down the hall...but afterwards...I was not paying so much attention anymore." An anxious look settled upon his face and he fiddled his fingers. "I--I am sorry, Lord! Normally I am not so absentminded! I only just bought her--I have no clue where she may have gone--"

Ahai'ikh waved his hands to try to calm him before he should grow more upset. "It's all right, Lord...I'm certain she must have just wandered off down one of the hallways. There are guards stationed all about the place, so she should not go far." He glanced out the doorway again and chewed his lip. Another Moru out of her place! If Mahakhi spots her he will either have my hide--or try to mate her! "I will tell you what, Lord; I will go and seek her out, while you go speak with Lord Mahakhi. We should have her returned to you safely soon enough."

Tas'eta chewed his claws. "But--I am so terribly rattled not knowing where she might be! What if she gets lost, or hurt--?" He gasped and grasped Ahai'ikh's arm before the second lieutenant could pull away; as it was, his wings flared and he nearly jumped. "Please, Lord! I have to find her! Binena bought her for me--he will be so terribly upset if he finds out I let her wander off! She is such a shy timid little thing--she must be absolutely terrified on her own! I am betting all of the guards must be scaring her into hiding! You walked with us, so she will recognize you, surely--and she will of course know me--please, Lord, can we seek her out first, and then speak with the general? I am afraid I will not be able to say a word to him, not knowing where my little Palm Frond is--!"

"All--all right! All right, very well, Lord," Ahai'ikh stammered, pulling his arm free. "Very well--I will help you look for her. Surely she has just gone off looking about somewhere. I'm certain she will turn up perfectly sound." Tas'eta wrung his hands and nodded, biting his lip. "I will tell you what, Lord," Ahai'ikh added. "You may take this part of the household, and I will take the opposite hall. Seeing as you know this hall better already. That way we may cover more ground more quickly."

Tas'eta nodded again and let out a sigh of relief. "Yes, all right...this sounds good. May I check all the rooms--?"

Ahai'ikh nodded. "Though please try not to disturb any of their belongings, Lord. Just try to find your Moru, and I will come and fetch you should I seek her out before you."

The other Kana nodded once more and exited the room, tail flicking anxiously. "Iast'et?" he called loudly as he went into the hall; Ahai'ikh grimaced. "Little Palm Frond? Where are you? Iast'et...?"

Ahai'ikh stood and watched him wander off down the hallway as the sound of sandals clacking against the tiles came from behind him. A moment later Lieutenant Nehef joined him and they watched Tas'eta's disappearing form together, Nehef's ears flicking.

"So that is the fabled son of Captain Nehekhi," he commented.

Ahai'ikh shrugged. "So far...I have no reason to believe he is not as he says!"

Nehef snorted. "Well...he certainly ACTS like Nehekhi!" he said, and left it at that.

* * * * *


Khetai reached Djuta's rooms and flew inside, hands at her eyes and sobs escaping her throat. The thumping noises coming from the large chest where she'd locked Rithukh'het earlier stopped as soon as she entered, the Moru likely having heard her entrance, yet she didn't care. She flung herself down on the bed and buried her face in the pillows, sides heaving and wings quivering in humiliation. She couldn't believe how he had acted toward her, in front of another Moru, no less. What sort of Kana treated others as he did?

What a vile creature to be stuck with! He has no shame, no sense of decency at all! Why did it have to be him I must stay with? I can barely stand the SIGHT of him now, he infuriates me so much!

And...worst of all...I will have to bear him a
pup! HIM!

She squinched her eyes shut and cried even more loudly. Death would have been far better. Even being Mahakhi's slave would probably be better. Letting this dog mate her was bad enough; but having to put up with his taunts, especially after all she had done for him, was near intolerable.

I should have let him die when he stabbed himself! If only I had known! NONE of this would have happened if I had just let him die like he deserved...!

But...if I had let him die...that mutt U'heta...


She lifted her head slightly to rub at her eyes again and stared at the wall, hating that she acted like a spoiled pup, yet resentful of her position. Wasn't there any other way to be free of this horrid place? Rather than let herself be humiliated every night for the next three months? She could have tolerated the nesakh'ai, if only he would not taunt her so horribly at every chance! She racked her brain trying to think of some other option out of the situation, yet she could think of none; Mahakhi's house was full of guards and other Kana who might not be so friendly as the few she'd interacted with so far. Even with as prickish as he had been, Djuta had not tried to rape her...had not even touched her, but for when she had let him...

I cannot stand the thought that there might be another U'heta just waiting out there...

What do I do? Khetai-Kana! You never prepared me for this! What do I do...?


"Hssst, pretty lady! To feel bad?"

Khetai's head jerked up and she gasped, the voice seeming to come from nowhere. She glanced back toward the door to see that it was now open, a shadow peering in; it raised one hand in greeting, and Khetai squinted to see that it was the same female Moru she had encountered just moments ago, in the company of the two Kana--the one who had gone into such fits over her wings. A coy smile came to her face and Khetai's eyes widened. She certainly hadn't expected to see her here.

"What are you doing here?" she whispered, pushing herself up and immediately forgetting her tears. "You could get in trouble!"

Iast'et's grin grew and she stepped inside the room; Khetai quailed. The Moru started walking her way.

"Master to say yes!" she cooed. "Speak with him myself. Keep you company. To make you feel better, yes?" She reached Khetai and sank to the floor beside the bed so that she clutched at her knee, and smiled upwards with heavy-lidded eyes. A soft purr started in her throat and Khetai felt herself flush. She glanced up at the door nervously, expecting to see a gaggle of guards come rushing in, then looked back down at Iast'et.

"What is this you just said--?" she demanded. "'Master to say yes'--? Do you mean Djuta--?"

Iast'et's smile grew. "Good Kana! To let Iast'et come to see to Khetai-Moru in person. Keep you happy, yes?"

Khetai let out her breath, her fingers starting to curl into fists. What am I so worried for? It's obvious he sent her! Sick bastard that he is! He most likely wishes to watch. As if I would ever give him a show!

Her thoughts trailed off and she stared down at Iast'et a bit longer. Then again...perhaps Djuta expected her not to take the bait...? It would be just like him, to test her. Neither he nor the Moru's master was here; and even if they were, should it matter? The longer she stared at the Moru the more the thought of getting back at Djuta sounded tempting...hadn't he just rebuked her not that long ago for running about with others' females? And what better female to run about with than a stranger's, from a different tribe...?

You are so exasperated with me, are you, Lord Djuta? You want your obedient little female to get a room? Very well, then, I will get a room...your room is looking just perfect right about now...

A faint smile started to come to her face, and Iast'et saw it and took notice, cocking her head to the side curiously. Khetai lifted her own head and flared her wings so the Moru let out a quavery sigh, pressing herself even closer.

"Yes," Khetai said, finally. "All right. I believe I would like the thought of you keeping me happy." Her eyes narrowed slightly. "What do you know, Iast'et? That could make me feel better...?"

Iast'et's eyes widened and her smile grew more. "All sorts, Mistress! Many things. Nesakh'ai, hakh'tua, hakh'tehi, ahi'akhta. Even khef'khef!"

"Khef'khef?" Khetai hadn't heard that term before. Nor was she certain of hakh'tehi, for that matter...

"Yes, Mistress." Iast'et made a motion of sliding her hand up inside herself and grinned coyly. "To go deeply. Very pleasurable!"

Khetai flushed, very nearly baring her teeth in horror. "Well--how about we try something simple for now! I must admit I'm not as skilled at any of these as you are!"

"Very well, Mistress!" Iast'et giggled and slid up to kiss her. Khetai forced herself to keep still, though it was almost unnecessary. It had been a while since she'd been with a female, and the sensation was exciting her greatly. Her wings flared again and the shuddering cry Iast'et let out made her grow wet. She suddenly felt the urge to take charge for herself, and grasped Iast'et's arm, breaking their kiss. Iast'et stared at her with hazy eyes.

"Come," Khetai whispered hoarsely, and waved at the bed. "Let us make use of this thing!"

Another giggle. Iast'et followed her willingly when she pulled her back onto the bed, and they both collapsed over each other, mouths roaming and hands pulling at clothes. Khetai pulled off her own dress and tossed it aside; Iast'et crawled up next to her and her fingers played over her most pleasurable spot so Khetai arched and whined, only to feel the Moru's tongue tracing over her belly. She trembled. Her wings spread across the mattress, and Iast'et's enthusiastic reaction was completely expected, but no less enjoyable.

* * * * *


Djuta stalked down the hall back toward his rooms, scowling. It was not even dawn yet, and already the day was off to a poor start. Not only had he not been able to stay at the gate to greet whatever visitors the tribe was receiving, but he had met his own Moru escaping from his quarters, and flirting about with a strange female right in the hallway, in plain view of anyone. He supposed the female had come in the company of whoever had shown up not that long ago, though he had no real clue who that was. In fact, he had no idea of anything that was going on at the moment.

The stupid little snit! Does she not know that this is for her own good? If she leaves my quarters she leaves herself open to punishment from the tribunal! It is a damn good thing she is sen'akha because if I were to find her in the company of a MALE, all bargains would be off--!

He took in a breath and forced himself to slow down. The shadow of a Kana appeared in the hallway ahead and he tried to make his face neutral, until he noticed it was Lieutenant Hiath'ikh; then he let his breath out and his wings slumped. The other Kana looked ready to keep striding on his way until he saw the look on Djuta's face, and slowed, then turned to accompany him.

"Brother--?" he inquired. "You were not at the gate!"

"I was at the gate," Djuta sighed. "Yet more pressing matters insisted that I drag myself back here prematurely."

Hiath'ikh's brow furrowed. "Your female is giving you trouble already?" He tilted his head. "Why do you care for her so much? When it is obvious she is just more trouble than she's worth? Surely your first mate is much more pleasurable company than that shrew."

Djuta shrugged and ran a hand over his eyes. "Truthfully, I do not even know why. I guess I am a sucker." He winced. "Lord Mahakhi isn't seeking me, is he--?"

Hiath'ikh snorted. "You are lucky. He didn't even make it out to the gate! Neither did Resikh, for that matter!" Djuta frowned at this news--what would keep Resikh of all people from his duties?--but the other lieutenant kept on talking. "There was not much to see as it is. I did not even stick around myself to see the end of it, though I did have to clear up a little matter."

"So who has come?"

"It is a reply to that message Mahakhi sent out a while past. Two Kana, and their Moru, from the south; though they circled about to come at us from the north--that was why there were two alerts.
They claim they have come to settle Lord Nehekhi's estate."

"Lord Nehekhi's? What for?"

"The younger Kana claims that he is Lord Nehekhi's son."

Djuta paled and faltered in his step. "N...Nehekhi's son?" He frowned. "Lord Nehekhi did not ever mention any grown sons..."

Hiath'ikh shrugged. "This is what the others have said, as well. Apparently, however, his story is true. Mahakhi himself ordered me out to the gate to allow them in, and the youth's sergeant is speaking with the general at this very moment."

"So, what of him? And his Moru? What are they doing?"

"Ahai'ikh was showing him about last I knew. The Moru was with him. You should have seen her. Pretty little thing! Not that I am interested in swiping her; she has an odd look to her eyes." He made a face. "I am betting she is as much of a handful as your Moru is turning out to be. Well, I am needed back at my post. I hope to see you later." He put his arm to his breast and then turned, continuing down the hall in the opposite direction, and Djuta stood pondering all he'd just been told before moving on toward his rooms.

Nehekhi's son? Nehekhi has only young sons! Who in the Duat could this one be...?

From the north
, he thought. 'Thikh said south, yet they still approached us from the north. What if that was not their only turnaround? Djuta's eyes narrowed in thought. The River Tribe lived to the north...but would they be so desperate as to send a scout disguised as the son of Nehekhi?

Why would they go to that trouble...? And how would they possibly know, unless one or more of them had escaped the battle...?

"Iast'et? Iast'et! Where have you gone? Little Palm Frond!"

He stopped again and looked over his shoulder. A shape emerged at the end of the hall, calling out loudly. "Iast'et! Little Palm Frond...!" As Djuta looked on a Kana appeared, one he didn't recognize. Yet he seemed vaguely familiar. He glanced about himself worriedly, blue lappets swinging from side to side. He spotted Djuta and hurried forward.

"Lieutenant!" he exclaimed breathlessly. "Forgive me for being forward! But have you seen a Moru by any chance? A female?"

Djuta blinked. "You would not mean a young slender one by any chance?" he asked with a frown. "Who likes wings?"

The Kana's face lit up. "Yes, yes! This is she!" He started peering around himself, chewing on his lip. "She was with me not long past, yet she seems to have wandered off...I fear she may end up lost or worse here, as we do not know the place well and she is so very shy...have you any idea where she went off to?"

Djuta just stared at him for a moment with a queasy feeling. How best to tell this young Kana that he'd just sent his female off to go "comfort" his own mate? The other Kana looked far too naive to much understand, especially if he considered that Moru "shy."

"I...ah..." He blinked a few more times. "Yes, I saw her...not long ago. She was speaking with my mate. They...ahm...left together."

"Oh! She makes friends already?" The Kana smiled widely. "Dear little Iast'et! She is a clever little thing, no? I would not even have her if it were not for Binena...oh! I am foolish! I do not even know your name!" He blushed and crossed his arm to his breast, bobbing his head. "I am Tas'eta...of the West Oasis Tribe. Binena...he is my sergeant...he speaks with the general at this moment; and my Moru, well...you have already told me of her!" He laughed.

"Djuta," Djuta said, and crossed his arm to his breast in return. "I welcome you to our tribe, somewhat belatedly...I had some difficulty rising in time to make it to the gate."

"Oh! Your mate, she keeps you busy--yes?" Tas'eta chuckled. "Do not worry...I understand. Though you could hardly tell it from looking at her, Iast'et is a crackle of fire herself!"

Djuta bit his lip. I doubt you know how true that is!

"Yes," he said, instead; "my own is much the same way, at times."

Tas'eta clasped his hands together as if getting ready to beg. "Would you mind terribly if you led me to her? I wish very much just to make certain she is all right, though I have little reason to fear she would come to harm in this place; still, it is just so huge and dizzying about here! And she is after all just one poor little Moru..."

"Of course." Djuta motioned for him to follow, not certain what else to do. "I...asked...that Khetai--my mate Khetai--head back to my quarters. Perhaps Iast'et went along with her..."

He dimly hoped the two had parted somewhere along the way, even while he knew they hadn't. Iast'et had looked pretty determined; and Khetai herself had had a distinct flush to her cheeks when he'd caught the two of them together. More and more this situation was giving him a headache.

"Binena bought her for me along the way here," Tas'eta explained as they went. "I had wished to have only my mate Nith'khet...she is my first mate, who I was forced to leave at home...yet Binena suggested I take another. I suppose there is not much wrong to it, if I may pay them both equal attention. I so love my little Nith'khet--and Iast'et is such a lovely one! The moment she saw me, she could not stop commenting on my wings, the dear."

Djuta bit his lip again.

"And so I hope that once we return home, she may give me a pup as sweet Nith'khet has. My son! Hy'unti. He is fully two years old! As strong as myself and as enchanting as my Nith. I simply know that Iast'et would have beautiful children!"

"I should hope that she honors you with many, Lord."

Tas'eta beamed. "Oh! I thank you muchly for your wishes. You have Kana sons of your own?"

Djuta fell silent for a moment as they walked. His gaze strayed to the floor. Tas'eta peered at him before drawing in toward himself a bit.

"Oh...I apologize." He gave an awkward cough. "I had not meant to be so impolite..."

"This is all right," Djuta replied absently. "I have not been fortunate yet. Perhaps soon."

Tas'eta nodded vigorously in agreement. "Yes, perhaps soon. I am willing to bet! Just wait and see! When one loves his mate he cannot help but soon have pups running all about!"

"I have actually two mates of my own..." Djuta glanced up toward his doorway, which was growing closer "...and should one of them not drop me a pup pretty soon, suffice it to say there may be some trouble."

Tas'eta laughed. "Oh! Someone has been nagging at you, yes? This is exactly how Lord Pekhten was before Nith'khet grew fat. He was so insistent that I carry on the line..."

"Line?" Djuta looked at him so sharply that Tas'eta blinked and took a step back.

"Why--yes. Lord Pekhten, he adopted me. Raised me along with his own sons."

"And so he is not your father?"

"Oh, no. My father is Lord Nehekhi. Was...Lord Nehekhi." His smile faded and he turned to stare at the floor himself. For a moment or two all that could be heard was the muted clacking of their sandals against the tiled floor.

Djuta at last broke the silence. "And so you are his son?" he asked quietly. "Truly?"

Tas'eta lifted his head and nodded, raising himself up a bit. "It may sound a bit confusing," he said, "but it is quite simple. My father once spent time with Lord Pekhten's tribe, while some of the men of his own tribe were training in the desert. Lord Pekhten was kind enough to grant them shelter for as long as they needed it, and even allowed my father one of his Moru so he would not be alone. He...got her with child. But none knew until he had long left Lord Pekhten's tribe to return to his own. The two were so very far apart. You see, it took us days upon days just to get here." Djuta nodded. "My father...Lord Nehekhi...he was not able to return to Lord Pekhten's tribe. Yet Lord Pekhten sent letters after him, to tell him of my birth. And my father wrote back to him. He was kept apprised of my growth and progress, until just recently..." He trailed off and then sighed. "I do not know if he got the most recent letter, though it was quite a while between them anyway. Perhaps it was lost along the way, or he did not get the time before..." He paused. "...Before he passed. He did not know I had become an elite. Unless he did read the letter, and did not manage to respond yet." He lifted his gaze to the ceiling. "I hope that this is what happened. I do not understand why he would not reply, otherwise..."

"I knew Lord Nehekhi," Djuta said. "If he had seen the letter, he would have replied. He must not have been able to."

The young Kana nodded, his eyes distant; now that Djuta studied him more closely, he could even see the resemblance in their looks and demeanor, no matter how far apart they had been. "Yes, this must be so. I read each of his letters home to me. He was a good Kana."

Djuta felt his throat burning. Images of the look on Nehekhi's face...the look as the ax struck his breast, and his eyes fixed on Djuta's...his voice, whispering, I am sorry...ran through his head, and he found it almost difficult to breathe. He had to take a deep breath to try to steady himself before the younger Kana could notice, and it took him a moment or two before he felt as if he would be able to respond again. They reached his rooms and Tas'eta's spirits seemed to lift a little. "These are your rooms?" he asked, and started forward. "I can hardly wait to find my little Iast'et--!"

"Wait, just a moment, Lord." Djuta grabbed his arm as he reached for the door and Tas'eta cast him a puzzled look. Djuta coughed. "Ah...my own Moru..." He struggled to think of an excuse to keep him from entering the room. "As I said, she can be a bit of a handful at times. She may not be in her best appearance within."

Tas'eta cocked his head. "Oh? Oh! This is no problem." He smiled and chuckled. "One morning I awoke and my sweet Iast'et flashed me! Right within sight of Binena! I was half of a mind to spank her, but then I supposed she would have enjoyed it!" He started laughing, and Djuta's face went red. "Do not worry, I will make certain to make a bit of noise opening the door just in case yours is a shy one too!" And before Djuta could protest further, he'd done so, rattling the handle as he pushed it open. "Iast'et!" he called out. "Where's my little treat today?"

Djuta came up beside him just in time to see him freeze in midstep, his eyes goggling and his jaw dropping. He turned to look in the direction Tas'eta was staring in and his reaction was pretty much the same.

There was his "little treat"...and Djuta's...upon his own bed. Iast'et was on her back, giggling profusely, and Khetai was pushing at her like a male. Only their positions were turned about, so Iast'et was nuzzling at Khetai's behind, her fingers slipping in and out of her vagina. Khetai's hips ground hard at her mouth. Khetai, for her part, clutched onto Iast'et's thighs, occasionally rooting between them, at other times tossing back her head to gasp at the canopy. Her thighs quivered. She moved heavily, panting and flaring her wings. Every time this happened, the Moru would moan loudly and arch beneath her. Khetai's tail swished from side to side as Iast'et's tongue played over her anus, and she let out a husky cry. Her hips thrust, and thrust again, as if she had a penis and shoved it repeatedly into Iast'et's throat. Their breasts rubbed against each other as their motions made the bed rock noisily.

Tas'eta gawked, all the blood draining from his face. "I--Iast'et--?"

Djuta immediately stepped forward and turned the stunned lieutenant about to face in the other direction. This didn't stop the pleasured sounds coming from his bed, however, and as he spoke he found that the creaking and panting and moaning were distracting him severely. "Lord...this is a little bit difficult to explain. Yet I feel it may be my fault..."

"Is--is she--?" Tas'eta peered back over his shoulder before Djuta turned him around again, and the lieutenant gaped at him and pointed at the occupied bed. "Is--is she with a--a--"

"Female," Djuta filled in. "The other is my mate."

"Y--f--female--?" His eyes grew and he turned to look again, unable to break his stare. Iast'et was mewing and bleating now, and Khetai had started to grunt, looking and sounding every bit the male she had once pretended to be.

"Yes, Lord." Djuta sighed to himself and ran his hand over his eyes. "This happens, on occasion."

"It--it does?" Tas'eta's look was incredulous, and Djuta couldn't believe what he was hearing. Surely they had some sen'akhau where he came from? Judging by the expression on Tas'eta's face, it didn't look that way.

"...Yes, Lord," he merely said, after an awkward pause. He turned Tas'eta away from the scene again, and the young Kana just stared into space with a stunned look, as if he had been struck in the head. "I had meant to warn you...my mate has been in...somewhat of a mood lately. We argued not long ago and I jestingly suggested that she go with your own mate...it appears...ah...that my joke was taken seriously."

Tas'eta blinked a few times. Khetai moaned and he looked over his shoulder at them. She had thrown her head back again, clutching Iast'et's thighs; her buttocks quivered and Iast'et murmured, licking up her juices. Khetai's eyes were shut, yet her look grew radiant.

"Yes...sweet little one...yes, like that..." she whispered.

Tas'eta shook his head abruptly and glanced at Djuta with wide eyes. "Um...Lord...if...if two females may...then...could...?"

Djuta stared at him for a moment before nodding. "Yes...two males. They may do this, sometimes."

The young lieutenant's eyes grew even bigger, if that were possible. "Unbelievable!" He stared back at the two occupied forms on the bed; right now, Khetai was leaning back into the cushions, welcoming Iast'et forward over her chest. The smaller Moru rubbed her breasts and they kissed, then she rose onto her knees and brought her hips forward over Khetai's face. Khetai seized her buttocks and started to lick. Iast'et, for her part, giggled loudly and cupped her own breasts, tossing back her head and massaging herself in full view. Tas'eta swallowed audibly.

Djuta touched his arm. "Lord, if you do not mind, I'll go separate them--"

"No!" Djuta paused and Tas'eta flushed when his voice came out in a sharp bark. His ears flicked and he coughed. "Um...no...this is all right, Lord. They're...ah...in the midst of it anyway; why stop them now. Best to just let them finish...no big trouble."

Djuta peered at him. "You're certain, Lord...?"

Tas'eta hastily nodded. "Yes, yes! I'm certain...I'll just...go over here and make sure neither of them--ah--tries to leave unannounced." He went over to sit down in one of Djuta's chairs, and Djuta had to chew on his lip to see the distinct bulge at Tas'eta's crotch. The young Kana sat staring mesmerized at the two coupling females, and Djuta would have left him like that had not another thumping sound drawn his attention. He turned his head puzzledly to look at a large chest sitting somewhat away from the opposite wall, and even as he looked at it it shook a little.

"Lord?" a muffled voice cried. "Master! To be there--? Lord!"

Djuta's eyes widened and he hurried forward.

That sounded like Rithukh'het! That's right--she was supposed to be here! Is that--?

Behind him, Khetai and Iast'et moved on in complete pleasure. Djuta stooped to brush some stray armor off of the chest, unlatching and opening it to reveal a sobbing Rithukh'het; he gawked at her for a second before hastily undoing the bonds around her wrists, her gag already slipped down around her neck. As he undid her ankles she reached out for him and he pulled her up.

"Oh! Master!" she cried, crushing him to her. "Tried to keep eye on! Too fast! Locked up! Got away, gods to know where! So sorry!" She let go of him and promptly bent over, lifting the edge of her dress aside; Tas'eta looked at her now and yelped, clapping his hands down over his lap. "To punish? Strike Rithukh'het right here! Twenty, thirty times! Or back! Strike here! But please, do not sell!" Her eyes filled with tears and she started mewing piteously.

Djuta sighed heavily and pulled her dress back down, turning her around to face him; he wiped at the tears already streaming down her muzzle. "No, no; rest, little one. I will not beat you nor sell you. If anyone deserves a beating today--" he cast a dark look at the oblivious Khetai "--then it is she."

Rithukh'het blinked, then her eyes overflowed and she crushed him to her again, mashing his head to her chest so he nearly fell over. "Oh! Kind Master--so kind! So good to poor Rithukh'het!"

Djuta tried to pull away--as her embrace was so powerful that he could barely breathe--only to find that he rather liked the pleasant scent she emitted, as well as the softness of her heavy breasts against him. He let his muscles relax as she murmured and whimpered and sniffled against him, and remembered he had not been with her since before the trial...of course that had not been so very long ago, but then again, he had completely neglected to see to her afterwards...and he had to admit that the sight of Khetai and Iast'et had piqued his own interest, in more ways than one.

He ran his hand down the Moru's side to her hip, and squeezed it again. So plump. Nothing like Hup'khit...or Khetai...

Rithukh'het stiffened, but just for a second; she then relaxed against him as well, and he heard a purr start up in her throat, the scent of her musk growing; apparently she had been missing him, as well. He had tipped his head to gently nuzzle at her neck, his hand sliding down beneath her buttock, when Tas'eta coughed. Djuta abruptly snapped to, as Rithukh'het gasped with surprise, and they both looked at him. The younger Kana still sat, looking mildly uncomfortable, his tail flicking from side to side. The fat Moru blushed and Djuta carefully pulled himself free.

"Ah...apologies, Lord," he said. "This is...this is my first mate. Rithukh'het. Khetai is my second; you have already met her." He coughed himself and they both glanced back at the bed as the two females screamed in climax, Khetai grabbing Iast'et's buttocks and gritting her teeth as her hips pumped up and down, up and down. Her fluids trickled to the bed and Djuta sighed. He would need to get some new coverings. Khetai and Iast'et moaned and sank down again into the sheets.

Tas'eta blinked a few more times before letting out a shuddery sigh. "I...I wonder if...she should take to Nith'khet in that manner..." he murmured. "Two females...this is most unusual."

Djuta, noticing he was still hard, started to speak when Iast'et groggily lifted her head and at last saw their watchers. Djuta almost expected her to shriek in dismay, yet her eyes merely widened and her face split in a smile as she pushed herself up, one foot tangling in the sheets, and leapt from the bed.

"Master! Master Tas'eta!" she cried gleefully.

Tas'eta's face lit up as well. He beamed and rose to his feet, holding out his arms; she came running toward him, throwing herself within them. He practically picked her up, he hugged her so hard, and she kissed him on the muzzle with a coy giggle. Djuta peered out of the corner of his eye to see Khetai sitting up weakly, panting, watching them all. He didn't look directly at her, though he could tell she was shocked to notice them all there, as she didn't even bother immediately covering herself up.

"My sweet little Iast'et!" Tas'eta said, seemingly having forgotten what he'd just witnessed. "I've looked for you everywhere! You were to stay close to me always! Know you how badly you worried me--?"

Iast'et cooed. "Apologies, Master...did not mean to! Just became bored, walking and walking and walking, not doing much else." She smiled and traced her fingers over his collarbone. "Master to miss his Little Frond very much?"

"Of course! Muchly!" The young Kana gave her the sternest look he could muster. "You must never run off again, Little Frond, or I shall have to punish you! And this I do not wish to do lightly!"

"Ohhhh." Iast'et pouted and Djuta gaped. "Poor Master...saw you looking!" She grinned brightly. "Jealous...? Of little Iast'et?"

"Jealous--? What--? Oh--no, no!" Tas'eta's ears went bright red. "Not at all, little one! Just...erm..."

"To make Master happy...yes?" The Moru giggled and trailed her hand down his stomach. A second later he gasped and tensed. His eyes darted to Djuta, looking uncomfortable again.

"Er...Lord...would you...would you happen to have any place else in...ahm..."

The lieutenant couldn't even answer him at first. After a moment he waved at the far wall.

"There...ah, there is a cot over in the corner...should you wish to..."

He didn't get to finish. Tas'eta had already taken Iast'et by the hand and led her, giggling all the way, back to the small cot partially hidden in the shadows at the far side of the room. It wasn't too dim to see him set her down and hurriedly undo his kilt, letting it fall; Djuta noticed Khetai watching them as the young Kana took hold of the laughing Moru's hips and held her in place before him, mounting and letting out a soft groan of pleasure. Not long after that they rocked rapidly already, Iast'et moaning, Tas'eta murmuring endearments and encouragements as they went. His tail stood out quivering and his tongue lolled as he thrust.

Khetai just stared at the two of them, her eyes wide and her mouth slightly open. Djuta believed he understood the look on her face; it resembled nothing more than disbelief. She turned his way, and he promptly bent down toward Rithukh'het, pretending he had not even noticed her presence.

"Do you see how busily they go at it over there, pretty little one?" he murmured in the Moru's ear as it quivered. "How long have you been locked in that nasty trunk?"

Rithukh'het flushed. "To--to be locked in for a while now, Lord. Truly awful! Rude Moru!"

He smiled softly and tweaked her thigh, earning a yip. He slid his hand up beneath her dress and her breath sped up. "What is this I feel--right here?" She shut her eyes and whimpered as he rubbed his fingers over the wet lips between her legs. "Is it your dew? Already?"

The Moru whimpered. "To have so longed for you since Master taken away, Lord! To miss you--to worry that you never come back to poor Rithukh'het again!"

Djuta's mouth twitched. He kissed her on the forehead. "All right then. I would be a cruel master if I did not treat you right, wouldn't I?" He smiled at her when she looked at him with large watery eyes, and took her hand, bringing it up under his kilt; her face went bright red, but her eyes lit up and her fingers immediately worked at his loincloth, pulling it off and stroking over his sheath as it grew harder. "Come--over there," he whispered, and pointed at a column near the other side of the room. "We can make do without a bed or a cot, can we not?"

Rithukh'het nodded wildly, giggling. "Yes! Make do!" She hurried over to the column, waddling, her legs pressed together; Djuta barely concealed his smirk as he followed. He hadn't been much interested in nesakh'ai when he'd first entered the room, nor even after he'd seen the two females busy upon his bed, but he supposed it would be worth the outcome now. He looked at Khetai out of the corner of his eye as he caught up with Rithukh'het, who was busy shedding her dress, whining needfully the whole time. As he reached down to remove his own kilt and clothing, his shaft hard already, Khetai's eyes grew larger in disbelief, and her mouth fell even more widely open. He would have laughed, if she had not been able to hear.

He didn't waste his time. Reaching down between Rithukh'het's thighs, he found her wetter than ever; she moaned and pressed herself to the column, large buttocks protruding. He grasped hold of her and made certain to whisper erotic thoughts in her ear as he entered, making her cry out loudly. And he wasted no time getting to the point, pressing himself into her at an even tempo, sighing as the unplanned act managed to bring him some small bit of pleasure in return.

He surreptitiously watched Khetai. Tas'eta grunted with each push and Djuta groaned huskily. Iast'et and Rithukh'het both cried out at the air. Their bodies all shifted rapidly, panting and sweating and mouthing their desire. In the bed, Khetai could only watch in open dismay, left to herself in the midst of it all. Her gaze went from one pair to the other, both of her mates lost in pleasure with their others--and she with no one. Djuta believed he could assume what she was thinking.

It is not so difficult to see now, is it? he growled at her in his head. That you are not truly the center of the world? How does it feel, knowing that others' lives will still go on--with or without you?

It was almost as if Khetai read his mind--for a look of fury crossed her face, and she flung herself down onto the bed, pressing a pillow over her head with a furious snarl. She didn't show her face again even after the four of them had groaned aloud in climax--though as he licked his trembling mate's neck and ran his hands up to cup her breasts, Djuta did have a private laugh at Khetai's expense.

* * * * *


Of course, with the impromptu activities of the morning it took a while for Tas'eta to at last be shown to Mahakhi's quarters again; he was accompanied by both Nehef and Ahai'ikh this time, while Binena saw to a blushing Iast'et. Mahakhi's lieutenants shared many looks--it was obvious from the Moru's expression and from the scent still in the air that the two of them had been preoccupied quite recently--yet Tas'eta appeared not to notice their scrutiny. Instead he merely stared at the walls and murals as they went past, just as he had before, his eyes wide and his mouth open. They halted once more outside the general's rooms and Nehef knocked as he had previously.

"Come!" a gruff voice called.

"Is there anything I should know about how to speak to him?" Tas'eta whispered as Nehef opened the door. "As in, what might offend him, or not offend him...?"

Nehef peered at him, then nodded. "You should make certain to praise him on how often he is engaged in nesakh'ai," he said, and Ahai'ikh's jaw dropped open. Tas'eta's brow furrowed uncertainly but Nehef waved him forward. "He takes quite well to that," he added, at which the youth frowned a little, but stepped into the room, the door shutting behind him. As soon as it did Ahai'ikh struck Nehef in the arm hard enough to make him bite back a yelp, but Tas'eta didn't hear them.

He did glance back at the door, before looking into the room. He found himself staring in awe at the high ceiling and ornate furnishings. He looked at the large courtyard pool beyond for a moment or two before jumping as soon as he noticed the big Kana standing right off to the side, staring back at him with an odd look on his face.

"You are the one named Tas'eta--?" he asked with a frown.

Tas'eta flushed and put his arm to his breast, bobbing his head. "I--ahm--yes, Lord. Bi--my sergeant Binena, he..."

Mahakhi's nostrils flared; he held a cup of beer in his hand and swirled it about. "Your sergeant filled me in on some of the details as to your presence here. Still I should like to hear it from your mouth."

"Yes, Lord. I apologize that we arrived so late," Tas'eta said, as the other Kana came across the room.

Mahakhi took a drink. "It matters little, I was hardly busy as it was."

"Oh. Right, Lord." Tas'eta paused. Then, "I am sorry to hear this, as I know how busy you often are with nesakh'ai, all night and every night, with a numerous multitude of Moru."

Mahakhi paused and lowered his cup. He gave Tas'eta what was quite possibly the strangest look the lieutenant had ever gotten.

"...Yes," he said, after an awkward moment, and took a drink, though he kept his eyes on Tas'eta in such a manner that it was obvious he found him odd. "...I am sorry too, I suppose." He lowered the cup and coughed. "I am the one who sent Lord Pekhten the letter I assume he showed to you. I was not, however, expecting that you would show up here in person."

"I apologize, Lord." The lieutenant fumbled about and drew out his scroll again, holding it toward the general. "I realize it was unexpected, yet...I had not ever had the chance to come see my father, and so to neglect to come for...for such a reason as this, would have seemed inexcusable..."

Mahakhi looked at Pekhten's seal but waved the scroll itself away; confused, Tas'eta tucked it back in its place. "I fully understand why you came. Your father was well esteemed in this tribe. I was not positive whether the stories were true of him having an older son, yet it appears they were." He paused. "Your father was a private Kana. He did not speak much of his family or his old tribe."

Tas'eta's wings lowered. "He...I know that he was this way, sometimes," he murmured. "His letters even were quite short...yet still welcomed...I suppose he told me all of himself that he could." He lifted his head and met Mahakhi's eyes. "Lord? May I ask...what occurred this final day of his? I had heard the tribe was in battle..."

"We were in combat against the River Tribe," Mahakhi said. "They live to the north. Their captain had plans on raiding us, but we were alerted to these plans beforehand and met them before they could overtake us. Their men were wiped out. There were very few casualties on our side...of which your father was one."

"He did not die immediately upon the battlefield...?"

The general shook his head. "He lived shortly after, long enough to speak with a couple of his Moru. He did express regret that he should not be near them anymore."

Tas'eta's eyes began to water. "How was it that he died?" he asked; when Mahakhi just looked at him his eyes nearly spilled over. "Please, Lord? Please, no one else will tell me--I was told you were there, and you knew him much better--please, I just wish to know as much of him as I can..."

"This is not the sort of thing you need to know," Mahakhi said, his voice slightly grating.

Tas'eta's wings quivered and he wiped his eyes. "Please, Lord...? No one else will tell me a thing..."

Mahakhi stared at him hard for a moment or two, then gave a deep sigh. He flared his wings and gestured at the air for no particular reason, giving in.

"Your father...fought well that day. If it were not for him I would have been struck down myself. He gave his life attempting to save another one of my men from attack."

Tas'eta's eyes grew. "He did...?"

Mahakhi nodded. "It was an ax blow to the breast that did him in. The one who attacked him was killed immediately after. He was transported back to the tribe as quickly as he could be carried, and the physician saw to him as best as he could, yet the wound was to his heart and there was nothing to be done. He died shortly after. He did not suffer long, and his suffering he bore well. He was a good Kana."

Tas'eta's chest hitched a few times. He wiped his eyes again and sniffed. "I know...I am proud of him." He paused, then frowned a little as if confused. "Lord...ah...no one has told me either, what it is that becomes of...well..." He fiddled his fingers awkwardly. "I do not even know how to put it!"

Mahakhi stared at him as his face went red, and frowned a little himself. "The body?" he ventured after a moment or two; Tas'eta nodded quickly with relief. Mahakhi's frown grew. "Normally we inter our dead among the western cliffs," he said. "The air preserves their bodies." He tilted his head. "You truly were not aware of this...?"

"Oh--I was aware, Lord!" Tas'eta exclaimed. "It is just--I have never known someone personally, who died, and so I was not sure..." He scratched his head. "You said--normally. There is something that happened with my father that was not normal--?"

Mahakhi made a face. "Your father will be interred as is proper," he said.

Tas'eta blinked and his ear cocked. "You mean--he is not interred yet?" His eyes grew and then his mouth opened wide. "You mean he--"

"It is difficult to explain," Mahakhi cut in, waving his hand with a grimace. "To put it shortly, there was some...protest...as your father was about to be interred, and...well, at the moment he is...undergoing a different process of preservation..." Tas'eta's face started to screw up and Mahakhi rubbed at the back of his neck. "I cannot properly explain it, Lieutenant, as I do not understand it myself! Currently your father is resting in a vat of natron salt."

Tas'eta gawked. "N--natron--?" he blurted out, and his jaw dropped. "You mean he is being--the--"

Mahakhi nodded with a sigh. "The Kemeti method of preservation...yes, this is what it is. It was insisted upon by one of his Moru that this be done, to ensure him safety in the afterlife."

"Afterlife--?" Tas'eta tilted his head to the side, still wide eyed. "Someone...someone was worried for him...?" His eyes began to well up again.

Mahakhi grimaced anew. "Do not make me explain! It is too complex." He gestured at his cup, and Tas'eta blinked and then nodded; Mahakhi poured him a cup of his own and handed it to him. "Perhaps you can fill me in somewhat on matters Nehekhi-Kana kept from public knowledge," he said as Tas'eta took a sip. "For example, such as how you yourself came to be--? And why you have spent your life in the care of Lord Pekhten and not your father."

"Oh!" Tas'eta nearly choked on his beer, and had to swallow hard, wiping his mouth. "I apologize, Lord! I was not aware he was so secretive..."

"This is all right, Lieutenant, yet I would prefer knowing now."

"Yes, of course, Lord...I'm sorry..." He coughed. "To be short about it...my father and some of the men of his tribe were out traveling and training in the desert, and needed to stop for rest and food, yet they were so far away from their tribe that they had to seek shelter with my--with Lord Pekhten's tribe--the West Oasis Tribe. My father was lonely and so Lord Pekhten gave him a Moru to pass the night with." He shrugged sheepishly. "The proper time later, I was born. But my father had already moved on to his own tribe, and the distance between the two was so great, that visiting with each other was not convenient...and so messages were sent, sometimes by messenger but usually by hawk, because to fly the distance was so dreadful...we have kept in touch ever since. It was decided that I should be raised by Lord Pekhten as this was best for my safety. Lord Pekhten has been as a father to me ever since. Though I cannot ever forget my real father." His eyes grew wet and he looked at his beer.

"Forgiveness for such questions," Mahakhi said, "yet I have known Nehekhi a long time, and he was perhaps ten years or so my junior. You yourself look to be over half that age. Nehekhi's other sons are all mere pups."

"Oh." Tas'eta blushed. "Well...my father was barely older than a pup himself, when he passed the time with Pekhten-Kana's tribe...Pekhten told me of how the Moru he spent his time with was but the same age as he, and so they got along well, and she was quite saddened to see him go, but quite happy to learn that he had not left her completely on her own..."

Mahakhi nodded. "I see. For as well as I knew him, Nehekhi-Kana never spoke much of his past, and this was before I trained him." He gestured at the youth. "I see that Lord Pekhten has raised you well. You may not believe it, but you look much like and even act much like your father."

Tas'eta's eyes grew. "I--I do?" he stammered, ears going pink, but the way his eyes lit up made it obvious that he had taken the words as the compliment they were obviously intended to be.

The general nodded again. "Nehekhi...was a bit idealistic at times. Yet he had the fullest heart of any Kana I knew." He took a drink of his beer.

Tas'eta beamed. "Yes, I know! Even without meeting him I know!" He dimmed a little, then gave Mahakhi a questioning look. "Lord, if I...well, I do not know if it is proper for me to ask..."

"Hm?" Mahakhi lowered his cup. "Go ahead, boy, for you are a guest here."

Tas'eta rubbed at his ear. "Well...I realize it sounds rather...odd...but...I was wondering, if perhaps, I might be allowed to...well, to see him...?" When Mahakhi just stared at him he looked sheepish again. "My father, I mean...you said that he is resting in a vat of natron, and not interred just yet..."

The general's eyes widened. "You wish to see him?" he exclaimed, making the younger Kana flinch. "No offense intended to you, Lieutenant--but he is dead! I do not much think you would care to see him in such a state!"

Tas'eta's eyes watered and he set his cup down to wring his hands. "I--I realize it sounds very improper, Lord, but--he is my father! I have never so much as seen his face once! I have heard stories about the Kemeti's methods of preservation--supposedly their dead remain as if alive, for many ages--so surely, my father cannot look too bad, having--having not been dead nearly so long--I do not wish to do anything other than this, merely to look upon him, so I may see his face and give my farewells before he is placed in the cliffs." His eyes grew pleading. "Please, Lord--? I will ask you for so very little, just this one small thing..."

Mahakhi winced and waved at him. "Very--very well! All right." He flared his wings. "All right. As soon as we are finished here I will--I will arrange for you to see him." His muzzle wrinkled with distaste. "Though I must warn you it should not be a pleasant thing to see!"

"I understand that he died in battle," Tas'eta murmured. "I only wish to see his face for myself, this is all." He let out his breath. "Thank you, Lord; you do not know how much this means to me."

Mahakhi nodded, still looking unsettled. "Very well...it will be taken care of." He attempted to smooth himself down. "Now...there were other issues you wished to discuss with me? Your sergeant was very well spoken, but rather more vague than I had hoped."

"Oh." Tas'eta blinked. "I apologize! I...I have not ever done anything like this before, so..." He attempted to clear his head as the general was nodding and waving him on impatiently. "Ah--I was instr--I decided that it would be best for me to come see to my father's estate, and to make certain that all is taken care of as it should be."

"Your father himself is in good hands. He would not make the voyage back to the West Oasis Tribe in his state, and so he will be interred west of the Great Red Tribe. Unless you should decide otherwise."

Tas'eta shook his head. "No, this--this is fine. Rather...I was told to look into his other belongings, his property."

Mahakhi looked at him and frowned a little. "Property...?" He scratched his muzzle. "Well...he has a decent collection of chests and clothing to go through, if you are interested...we have not touched his rooms since...the battle ended. He was not much of one for acquiring worldly goods, however, so if you were expecting money of any sort..."

"What--? Oh! No!" Tas'eta went red and waved his hands. "Gods, no! I was not expecting money!" He coughed nervously. "No, this is not it at all--um--I do wish Binena had been clearer!" He rubbed at his head meekly. "I...ah...rather, I had thought it best if I looked in on his Moru, and saw to them for myself."

Mahakhi fell silent. He stared at Tas'eta with an almost stricken look on his face, so long that the lieutenant had to avert his eyes, feeling terribly uncomfortable. "The Moru...?" Mahakhi finally said, his voice quiet. "You have come here to claim them?"

Tas'eta nodded with a sigh. "Yes, Lord; this is it exactly. I was informed that should such a day ever come, if none other were in line to claim them, then it would be my duty to see to my father's Moru and pups. He leaves no brothers that I am aware of...at least, he never informed me of any...and if there are any I would have no clue wheresoever to find them!" He dropped his hand. "So if it is all right with you, Lord, I should like to see to them, to see how they have been treated--I am certain you have done a most wonderful job caring for them, Lord!--and to possibly prepare them to return to the West Oasis Tribe so that I may take them off of your hands and care for them myself, as is fitting."

For a long time Mahakhi didn't speak. Tas'eta fidgeted uneasily, uncertain about the cause of the silence; after a while the general lowered his head somewhat as if to stare at the floor, and Tas'eta wondered if he should apologize for something. He wasn't sure what to think of the look in the big Kana's eyes.

"Ah...Lord...?" he asked after a moment had passed. "If I said or did something improper..."

Mahakhi blinked and shook his head. "No," he said abruptly, cutting Tas'eta off. "No, you have not...this is only the duty of a Kana's son, to see to his father's property once he is gone." He lifted his head and drew himself up again. "Very well. I will first have you shown to your father, after which you may see to his Moru and his sons. I will set up a room for you and for your sergeant so that you may rest here while all affairs are taken care of. We will try to keep your stay as brief yet as pleasant as possible."

Tas'eta sighed once more with relief. "Many thanks, Lord!" he exclaimed. "After all I realize it must be difficult supporting Moru who are not your own--I am terribly sorry you have been put upon so much, yet I am also grateful that you were such a good friend to my father. I will likewise make certain that they bother you no longer!"

A flinch passed over Mahakhi's face but he merely nodded. "Very well." He gestured at the door. "Nehef and Ahai'ikh will show you to your father. In the meantime I have some matters to attend to. Your rooms will be ready by the time you return."

Tas'eta put his arm to his breast and bowed his head. "Many thanks once again, Lord." He turned to the door and went out into the hall, the two lieutenants immediately stepping aside. Mahakhi came to the door long enough to murmur something to Nehef, who blinked and then made a face but bowed his own head before the door closed. He glanced at Tas'eta uncertainly.

"You...um...wanted to see your father?" he asked.

Ahai'ikh stared at him, then at Tas'eta, with wide eyes. "Yes, please," Tas'eta murmured. "I realize it sounds odd...but I just wish to see his face."

Nehef's ear twitched. "Very well, then." He gestured. "Follow this way...he is being kept in one of the storerooms in the cellar. If you please."

They made their way up the hallway and toward the back of the household. None of them spoke the entire way, though Tas'eta noticed how the other two lieutenants would cast him a small look every so often. He sighed to himself and fiddled with his lappet as they walked. He hated to make such a morbid request...yet it was true, he had never seen his father, so much as once, and to go the rest of his life without ever seeing his face was almost more than he could bear...if he had already been interred in the western cliffs, he would not have insisted, yet now that he knew he would be preserved...

Why was it that they did this, in the first place? The Kana never embalm their dead...that is a Kemeti thing...why would my father be interred as a Kemeti is...?

He decided not to question it too much. Perhaps it was a sign from the gods that he should see his father's face once before he was laid to rest forever, and this thought calmed his nerves a little, though he also felt a bit anxious, as if he were going to speak with him for the first time. Upon realizing that this first time would never come, his eyes watered, and he sniffled and wiped them dry before the other two could notice too much.

They passed through the kitchens and Nehef and Ahai'ikh opened up the cellar door set in the floor. "I realize this seems strange, Lord," Ahai'ikh murmured, "yet there was nowhere else...convenient...to keep him. We do not have the proper quarters for embalming a person, as the Kemeti do, and it was only because our junior physician was advised on how to do it that it was even done properly at all...we could not house him with the junior physician, as there has...been an incident...and the senior physician would have no part of it. So...he has been staying down here, until he should be removed and interred among the cliffs. Truthfully, I do not know much at all about this process."

Tas'eta nodded. "I understand it must be quite strange!" He stepped toward the opening as Ahai'ikh started down the ladder, then noticed that Nehef wasn't moving. The two of them paused to look at him curiously.

"Brother--?" Ahai'ikh called, with a hint in his voice.

Tas'eta waved at the ladder. "Do you wish to go first, Lord--?"

Nehef shook his head hastily and took a step back, eyes growing wide. "No thank you!" He bobbed his head at Tas'eta. "No offense, Lord--but I do not much care to be around the dead if I can help it!"

Tas'eta tilted his head, puzzled. "Why not--?" he started to ask; Ahai'ikh snorted with disgust and continued climbing down into the cellar.

"Stupid djan'tah," he muttered as he went.

Nehef bristled. "It may be all fine and dandy with you to hang about with the dead! But I have much better things in mind--I prefer the living!"

"You are afraid of ghosts," Ahai'ikh called up. "A grown Kana elite, afraid of ghosts! You are every bit a djan'tah!"

Nehef scowled. "You would call me superstitious because I am practical--? I will remember this the next time you decide to hang about with mummies, rather than nice pretty Moru!" He made a rude gesture and took another step back. "Please go ahead, Lord," he said to Tas'eta. "But with your permission I will not be following."

Tas'eta frowned a little but nodded and went to the doorway. He climbed down the ladder into the cellar where Ahai'ikh already stood waiting, having picked up a lamp and lit it to illuminate the small area. "Over here, Lord," he said, and turned. Tas'eta followed him to the far corner of the cellar, where a large stone sledge rested near the wall. Tas'eta stared at it with curiosity while Ahai'ikh set the lamp aside and dusted his hands. "I will need some help, Lord," he said, and Tas'eta followed his example when he grasped hold of one end of the lid, taking hold of the other and pulling on it as hard as he could. The two of them grunted and strained to lift the heavy slab, the stone making a harsh grating noise as it shifted; they let it fall onto its side next to the sledge, and the thud it made as it struck the earthen ground was such that the small room shook. Ahai'ikh wiped his brow and picked up the lamp, shining it down over the sledge's contents; Tas'eta peered inside and saw nothing but a grainy white substance filling the container almost to the brim. The other lieutenant started sweeping his hand through the stuff, brushing it aside, and something began to emerge beneath it; Tas'eta leaned forward as the tip of a muzzle appeared, then a face, then ears, and a breast adorned with ornate pectorals. His voice completely left him as the Kana lying inside the container slowly came into view, and when Ahai'ikh's motions slowed to a stop the two of them stared down into Captain Nehekhi's face, their own faces stunned beyond words.

"He..." Tas'eta struggled to speak, his voice coming faint and papyrus thin. "He...looks..."

"He looks as he did the day of the battle," Ahai'ikh whispered; Nehef was sticking his head down into the cellar hole, peering toward them curiously.

"He looks as if he...as if he still lives!" Tas'eta finally managed to say, and took a step along the side of the sledge to get a better look. For it was true; aside from a slight hollowness to his cheeks, and a slight pallor to his fur, the Kana lying within the container looked as if he merely slept, his eyes closed and his face peaceful as if he were merely taking a bath of salt. His earrings still glinted beneath their coating of salt dust, and when Tas'eta tentatively reached one hand in to touch a finger to his fur, he had to draw it back with a gasp; his fur was as soft and smooth as any living Kana's. Tas'eta hastily began digging at the salt surrounding his body, Ahai'ikh opening his mouth to protest before thinking better of it and stepping back; after several moments the younger Kana had cleared his father's body of the substance, so he could look at the bracelets upon his wrists, the armor upon his body, the sandals upon his feet. A bit more digging revealed the tips of his wings resting beneath him, and Tas'eta ran his fingers over the edge of one, down to where it disappeared into the salt. He couldn't stop staring.

"He...looks like me," he whispered with awe. He looked into Nehekhi's face, then back down at his pectorals. He gently lifted them in his hand, Ahai'ikh stepping forward again.

"Lord, you..."

Tas'eta peered beneath the necklaces and saw the slash to Nehekhi's armor, and set the jewelry aside. He fingered the cut in the leather and then pulled it open slightly. There was a line upon the Kana's breast, where his wound had been sewn shut; Tas'eta's fingers pulled away, and the hole in the armor went closed again. He took a shaky step back, his breath starting to hitch in his chest. Ahai'ikh and Nehef stared at him.

"He is..." Tas'eta said faintly, then he sucked in a breath, and his eyes welled up. "He is...really dead," he at last murmured...and with that, the tears spilled down his face, and he slowly slumped to the ground, dropping his head into his hands and starting to sob.



Continue:

"Part 42: Coldhearted


Please REVIEW if you rate.
Please DO NOT rate if you won't review.
Thank you!



This item is NOT looking for literary critique. I already understand spelling/grammar, and any style choices I make are my own. Likewise, I am NOT seeking publication, so suggestions on how to make this publishable are not being sought.

This item IS looking for people who are simply interested in reading, especially in long/multipart stories, and who like to comment frequently. My primary intent is to entertain others, so if you read this and find it entertaining, please let me know so and let me know why.

If in the course of enjoying the story you do find something that you feel could use improvement, feel free to bring it up. Just know that that's not my primary purpose in posting this here.

If you have any questions about the story or anything within it, feel free to ask.

I do hope you enjoy! :)

© Copyright 2002 Tehuti, Lord Of The Eight (tehuti_88 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/517390-Part-41--Fling