*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/525273-DEAREST--MOMMY
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Crime/Gangster · #525273
I didn't mean to make you mad -

Dearest Mommy,

I didn't mean to make you mad. I know that you love me, even when you lose control and start hitting me. But, mommy, it hurts so much!

I am going to try to be a good girl from now on.
If there is something you want me to do, just tell me. I love you so very much.

Yesterday when you started hitting me, I didn't know what to think. I didn't expect the blows to my head, but I know I must have been really bad.
If you tell me what I did wrong, I will know better next time.

You pulled my hair really hard, and I think that maybe some of it came out. I know that when you hit me in the head, it won't show much, so I don't have to tell fibs to anyone about what happened.

It was hard to explain why I kept getting hurt.
Maybe when I am five, I will know better what to tell people. They ask me if you hurt me, and Mommy, I don't want them to take you away - you are the only mommy I have and I don't want to go live with anyone else.

The bruises on my legs are starting to heal. I can wear dresses to school again soon. Kindergarden is fun, and I am learning to write my name. I am trying to make you proud of me. Maybe then you won't be mad at me all the time.

I am sorry that I spilled your coffee this morning. I was in a rush to give you a hug, and was hoping to have you hug me back. It's okay that you knocked me down, I did a bad thing. I wish you had not kicked me though.

Dearest Mommy, I know that you didn't mean to burn me with your cigarette. It hurt a lot, but I am a big girl now and I don't cry anymore. My scar is almost gone.

It was too bad that I had to miss school for two weeks. I tried really hard to heal faster - but the black and blues just wouldn't go away - they kept getting bigger. I heard you tell the school nurse that I had fallen downstairs. They must think I am clumsy, cause I've fallen downstairs a lot this year.

Things will get better, Mommy. I will be so good that you will love me to pieces.

Mommy? What's that in your hand? Why are you holding that pillow like that? Mommy, I can't breathe - Mommy - no.. mom...

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR CHILD ABUSE!


PARENTS - PLEASE VISIT THIS SITE!

http://www.parentsanonymous.org

RAISING A CHILD IS NOT EASY BUT THERE IS HELP!
YOU DON'T HAVE TO FACE IT ALONE!

© Copyright 2002 COUNTRYMOM-JUST REMEMBER ME (countrymom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/525273-DEAREST--MOMMY