*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/534158-ASHES--TO--ASHES
Rated: ASR · Essay · Contest · #534158
Written for Shadow's Contest "You Die..what next?"

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust? Not if you believe that Jesus died on the cross to save our souls!
I have seen death come to family members, and know that a loved one dying is hard on the living.

Yet I believe that death is NOT the end. Of course it closes one door, but another opens, and I believe that you are guided by spirits who take you on to another realm. There is always someone there to take your hand.

I have read many articles and a few books on death and dying. They spoke often of near-death experiences; first blackness, then tunnel-like vision to a bright light. Most who came back have no fear of death. They remember feeling deep peace and love.

When my father was dying, he saw someone at the window. He was not afraid, just curious that this should be so. I saw my mother soon after death, her eyes open still, with a look of surprise. I am sure that she was greeted by Jesus himself, after the life she had lived!

I am convinced that there is life after death since experiencing visits from two of my siblings.
When my brother was killed in a quarry accident,
I was living in Germany where my husband was stationed. We had gone shopping at the Army post, and upon returning home I broke into tears.
For "no reason". That night, I awoke to a cold, and felt a presence in the room. I snuggled closer to my husband, not waking him, but glad of his warmth. In the morning, we were notified that my brother had died by the Red Cross. I will always believe that he came to me that night, and that the tears the day before, when in America the accident was happening, was Jesus' way of preparing me for the news. "I will not leave you comfortless".

When my sister committed suicide, and we were gathered at the funeral home, I was in tears again. I got up and went into the bathroom.
Pulling myself together - or trying - when I heard three knocks on the bathroom door. I opened the door and found no one. Again, I have to believe that the feeling of calm and peace that surrounded me then was a visitation from my dear sister.

Visit to a fortune teller - many years later.
"Your sister is with you" she said. I believe.

Jesus has become my rock and my salvation, in Him I will always trust. "I will not leave you comfortless", He said, and I believe, with all my heart and soul, that this is true.

So I chose to believe that He will make room for me - "In my Father's house are many mansions".
I am not afraid, for He is with me. When my time comes, I look forward to being reunited with my family, and with my Lord and Saviour!

"Grave, where is thy victory?
Death, where is thy sting?"

Yes, I believe there is life after death. Not just ashes to ashes. He is with us now, He will be with us throughout eternity! Praise God!






© Copyright 2002 COUNTRYMOM-JUST REMEMBER ME (countrymom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/534158-ASHES--TO--ASHES