*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/542023-A-Tribute-to-my-Mother
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #542023
This Story is about My Mother and how she inspired me to be a Mom and a best friend!
A Tribute to my Mother
Her Name is Avis Geneva Chaney Wiles,She was born in Stuart Virginia to Johnny Joseph Chaney and Martha Frances Hall Chaney.
She was Married to Linwood Lee Wiles Sr. Together they had nine children,Eight living...
On Febuary 15,2002 at aproximatly 5:00pm...on a Friday night our Mother left us........Leaving a large empty space in our life,,I don't think I have ever felt such grief and pain as I did that night..
I would like to say a few things in her honor,to you her family,whome she loved very dearly.
These are only the little things that I see in her everyday! The things that were so fantastic to us,but meant nothing to anyone else,She was a most majestic woman and I loved her with all my heart and Soul!

The Family Reunion was a very Important part of her life,She always had a gleem in her eyes as she stood over that stove and prepared her most famous"Banana Pudding"!!! We all loved it! She would cut and lay those bananas and cookies just right, not letting any of us help her,for the fear we might not do it right, and we probably wouldn't have, cause She added Love in every thing she prepared something we would have to learn as the years passed by.

Come early Stay late .....that was how she would put it.. She never liked to be rushed,not when she was up here!
I don't remember but maybe a couple of times that she missed,and she was very sick then!!!!
My brothers and sisters that are here ,We are here because of her!
She taught us the importance of being here,How each and everyone of us are the reason we have the Family Reunion,she would say,"If one of us are not here" " we are missed greatly!"
I remember she told me once,If everybody decided just not to come ,because they would'nt be missed ,Then there would be no one there and there would be no reunion,Soooo! Each one that comes is a very important part of the family and YOU are the one that keeps it going!
My Mama was like a Rock,She gave all she had,and if she didn't have it,she never let us know! Her tears and sadness went unseen! by doing this she made us stronge she believed in us... which made us believe in ourself!
She taught us all to love,to give and to show great kindness,By doing this we were blessed many times!
We never had much, but we had all we needed! Mama would say,"I am richer than the richest,Money could never buy what I have!"
She never put anyone over her kids..... always saying; no one could ever give to her any more than what she already had with her children,grandchildren even great grandchildren She loved them all.....
She talked many times of all of you at one time or another,How as a child, all the fun she had!
She would always say,she was her "Daddys' Baby!" Spoiled she was...... and My Daddy picked that up the day he took her hand in marriage...
Toward the end, My mama got Alsztimers disease,Her memory got bad and it started slowing her down,She asked me a few times about Aunt Thelma,Aunt Cora ,Uncle Grady and Uncle Lumas,She would ask me if her Mama was still alive,and then she would ask,Why Doesn't that Pearl and Curtis come see me,and sometimes they would have just left!
I lost a mountian when we lost our mama,She was our Rock,She was our foundation..
She got a little trophy up here last year for being the most "devoted family member",She was so proud..It made her eyes sparkle when she looked at it.....It kinda told her that all them years were not in vain! I still cook too much supper at times,and I still feel a need for a split second to go check on her,But for all the pain I have in my heart for her absents I know she is happy! and that is what makes the difference!
And For this special day we have every year! I know in my heart she would want us to be here! We Love you all!
© Copyright 2002 Preciouswrtr (brandi123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/542023-A-Tribute-to-my-Mother