*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/566146-Time
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #566146
There is a time for everything...let us take it seriously.
Time

Author
Dawn K. Smith



In 1977 a teenage member of my church, turned around in her pew on a Sunday morning; facing me, she asked if I had ever written a poem on “Time”, because that was her class assignment. That afternoon I wrote this:

Time

Time is an imitator of tomorrow and today,
With a universal setting in an intricate way.

Time is eternity, which never passes by,
An infinite life for every soul,
With mercy from on high.

Influenced by principalities,
time is a spiritual host,
Every human being must reveal his uttermost.

Time is forever, the necessities of life,
The final destiny of human strife.



We read in Ecclesiastes chapter three, there is a time for everything. But, the question is…do we give the important things, the right amount of time? We’re born, then in a twinkling of an eye, we die. Yet, the in between stages of life are what really matters. An example of this would be, parenting. The time in which our children are growing up, and we, having the obligation as mothers and fathers to minister and nurture their every being; should thus do so.

I have noticed a vast difference in our culture today in raising children, compared to twenty, fifteen and even ten years ago. I want to cry when I witness children having fits and their parents ignoring them or just being afraid to discipline for fear of damaging their child psychologically. HOGWASH!

The Bible teaches there is a time for everything, including admonition. Ephesians 6:4, teaches us to provoke not our children to wrath, but to nurture and admonish them in the Lord. In other words, discipline and instruct. Children need our guidance and discipline to stay on the right track. Yet in our humanistic culture it is frowned upon to do such things. Parents have been brainwashed by society and have lost control of their God given right and obligation in this area.

Oh, that more would see the necessity of rearing their children in a Biblical way, and take the “time” God gives them seriously.










© Copyright 2002 InHisArms (dawnsm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/566146-Time