*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/566435-FURTHER-ADVENTURES-OF-ALICE-1-4
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #566435
ALICE FINDS OUT THERES MORE TO WONDERLAND THEN MEETS THE EYE.
CHAPTER 1: The New House

Alice had just moved into a new house and was looking around her new surroundings when she wondered into a room of the house that she had not seen before "thats odd" she remarked,
"I don't think I've seen this room before" she peeked her head in the doorway and looked around the room.

"Now where is a lightswitch when you need one" Alice said sounding sort of myphed; she felt along the wall until she came to a lamp on a desk, she turned the lamp on with a twist of the nob and on came the light.

She got a good look around and found out that it was a library and a big one at that, "my look at all the books" alice said with awe and with an expression only discribed as awestruck.
"I wonder if anyone has ever read all the books in here?" Alice wondered; Alice walked around the library some more and saw a picture of a man on a horse sword drawn and ready for battle; "he does so remind me of the white knight I saw in wonderland" she said with a smile on her face, "I wonder what happend to him?"
As she was walking around she saw some curtins drooped down over the wall, they were velvet red and were beautifuly made.

"I wonder whats behind here? maybe a picture window perhaps?" asked alice as she pulled the cords to pull the curtins up, when she pulled the curtins up she found "a door?" she said, she tried to open it but it was locked; "curious, I wonder if the last owners knew about this door?"

"I guess I'll have to call the lock smith tomorrow" she said with a bit of a sigh.
"Why not use the key?" said a distinct voice,
"who said that" asked Alice as she spun around to see who had made the comment; "I did" replyed the voice, "where are you?" asked Alice "over here and follow the sound of my voice." Said the voice.

Alice did so and started following the sound of the voice.
"A bit closer, keep going, keep going, stop" said the voice, "but there's no one here! where are you really?" Alice said looking around her. "turn around dear Woman." the voice replied; she turned around and saw the picture, and it moved.

It was the knight on the horse, or rather off the horse now; he had climbed off the horse and came closer to the edge of the picture," you do know you need the key don't you?

here I've been waiting all this time with an itch on my nose and you don't bother to even say hello,confound it woman; what took you so long?" "I'm sorry" said Alice "please forgive me its been a very long day; now did you say you had a key to that door?"
"No, I was just commenting that you need a key; is that correct??" the knight asked.

"yes thats what I said, now do you have the key or haven't you?" Alice asked;

"well there is no reason to get rude you know, keep that up and I won't tell you where the key is" said the knight,

"I'm sorry for up setting you sir knight; I'll try to be more pleasent" said alice.

"Thats better; now go over to the shelf with the rabbit on the end of it and look for a book that has "door" printed on the cover and open it up" replied the knight.

CHAPTER 2: A Maze of Books

Alice made her way over to the shelf with the rabbit on it just like the knight had said and looked down the long line of books when she got to the end of the row she sighed and started back looking for the book again, but when she got back to where she started from she saw that it was just a dead end and there was a shelf in front of her that was not there before.
Alice scratched her head in wonderment as she had thought that maybe she had gotten turned around somewhere;the only thing was where did she get turned around at?

Alice looked at the dead end and there she saw it; the book marked "door" on it, "Here it is" yelled Alice to the knight; she did the best she could to get back to the picture but it seemed that she was lost in a Huge maze of books.

Alice raced along the cases of book shelves but finding that she would always go the wrong way often hearing voices coming from the books saying "release me".

alice had walked quite a ways when she came to what looked like a clearing with Three Huge Books in the middle of the clearing.

the one on the far left was named "ACTION" which had a man on the cover fighting a very BIG and very scary looking lion, the man was fighting the lion with his bare hands, " how dreadful, I would hate to fight such a beast." Alice said.

the middle book was named "ADVENTURE" and this time there was a man overlooking the sands of the desert on a camel not smoking one. "my, One would think that it would be entirly too hot to stand the weather there and if what I have read is true then that is NOT a place I would care to go at all." Alice said as she she shook her head.

The third book that was on the right was named "Fairytales" and it had a picture of a fairy on the front sitting on a delicate flower.
"now that is the place that I should very much like to go." said Alice with a big smile on her face.

and as quickly as she said the words the book called "fairytales" opened up wide as it could revealing once again the painting of the white knight. "how strange that it should bring back to here." Alice said with a perplexing look on her face.
Alice steped through the book and she brought it over to the picture but the knight was no where in the picture all she saw was the horse.

"sir knight?" alice asked in a curious tone in her voice; "sir knight? where are you?"

"Right here my lady" said the knight as he was coming out of the bushes; "I had to visit the little knights bush you know" the knight replied.

"ahhh did you find the book ok?", yes I found it just fine; it took me a while but I found it ok"
Alice said, "good, now open it to page 25" the knight requested.

CHAPTER 3: The Key

She did as he requested and opened the book to the page, there was a picture of a key and under it was printed "key to the door"; "now reach in and grab the key" said the knight.

So Alice put her fingers to the page, pushed and her whole hand went through the page; shocked by her hand going through the page she stood there wiggling her fingers.

"I know I should'nt be shocked by this after all that time in wonderland but somehow it always seems to astound me" Alice thought to herself.
"dont just stand there like a lolly gager pick the key up!!" said the knight

Alice picked the key up and pulled it out of the page with a smile on her face.

she droped the book and looked at the knight "thank you sir knight; I just wish I could do something for you" said Alice.
well dear lady you can; "can you please take me with you through the door?" the knight asked.

"I suppose, I mean you did tell me where the key was and everything" Alice said.

"put your hand up to the picture" said the knight
Alice did so and the knight jumped into her hand;

"shall we go my dear?" the knight asked, "what about your horse?" Alice asked.
" what, that bag of bones; I can always find another, besides he's been nothing but trouble ever since I mistook his tail for a whompsot" the knight replied.

"Well I guess we're off then" said Alice

"indeed" said the knight; Alice went to the door, put the key in and turned it.
The lock made a "click" and Alice opened the door to find "a closet? I found a key for a closet?" asked Alice.

"No not just any closet; THE closet"
the knight replied "walk past the shirts and pants, take a left at the hats and ties and go through till you reach the jackets and shoes;" said the knight giving directions the best he could "ok I'll give it a try" Alice said with a bit of a sigh as she walked through the doorway.

So alice walked for a while seeming like forever when she saw a sign that said {the intersection of shirts and pants} "well I guess this will be easier then I thought it would be" Alice said with a smile.

CHAPTER 4:PACKRAT TOWN

Alice took a left and continued onword with a bounce in her step, every where she looked she saw clothing and other things on the floor but they were aranged in such a way that it looked like buildings.

"How cute" thought Alice "I wonder who made them look like that" this time Alice had said the comment aloud.

"My dear girl don't tell me you have never seen a packrat town before?"

"Well actualy sir" Alice started to comment but was interupted by a little man with a tail coming out of the buildings, she looked at it as it walked down the street dressed up in a top hat and tux.

"My word" said Alice "do all the packrats dress as nice as he does?"

"No he's probably one of the richer of the packrats, probably going out on the town no doubt, oh and by the by don't call them packrats around their person the prefer to be called trash can challenged" the knight said in a wisper toned voice.

"Oh I see" said Alice in and understanding but yet confused tone.

"Shall we go on my dear?" asked the knight;
"I supose we had better, consitering we have only just begun and we do have a ways to go yet, don't we?" said Alice walking as she was speaking.

"yes and no" said the knight "you see we only have a little ways until we get to hats and ties and then a bit more until jackets and shoes, if you look at the whole trip as little trips then it won't seem so far from the point we left from now does it?"

"I guess not." said Alice wondering how far the next street was.
Alice was walking down the street with the knight in her pocket when she saw two of the packrats arguing with one another about a button they had found "It's mine!" the first packrat said "I found It first, It's rightfully mine."

"No It's not; it's mine I helped you carry it all the way here." said the second packrat.

"sir's" said Alice
but neither of them were listening to her because both of them were arguing so much they could'nt hear her talking.

pulling back and forth on the button until it popped into the air where Alice caught it, running around like mad men to catch the button, bumped into each other and fell on the ground.
when they got up they looked around and could'nt see the button "where is it, where did you put the button?" the first packrat replied.

"I did'nt do anything to it, you stole it did'nt you?!"the second one said with an angry voice

"I have it here" said Alice.

Both of the packrats looked up and both their jaws dropped with a little gasp of air they both screamed "give it to me, give it back to me, It's MINE!!!" both the mice shoving the other out of the way and jumping up and down screaming it over and over again to Alice.

"Well" said Alice "If your not going to be pleasent about it;I might just keep it for myself"
"Why are you fighting over such a trivial little thing anyway;theres lots of buttons around here."

"that one is red, and I thought he was going to help but instead he's trying to take MY button" said the first packrat turning his and pointing to the second one.

"that's not true" said the second one "He said he was going to give it to me when we got to my house and he was trying to take it from me because he liked it so much."

Alice thought for a moment and sat down slowly as not to shake the ground, as she was sitting down she saw a red button in the corner of her eye and put her hand over it.

"I'll tell you what I'll show you a magic trick if you promice to behave" Alice said with a smile on her face.

Both the packrats looked at each other and nodded to Alice.

"ok good" said Alice "now let's start"
she showed them the button and said "I will make this button into two buttons."

Alice took the button and waved her hand together and then put them together and quickly pulled out both buttons in her thumb and forefingers.
"ta-da, now you each have a button" Alice said handing a button to each of the packrats.
"well thats that" said Alice getting up from the floor.

"hey, your button is rounder and more red then mine." said the second packrat.
"be quiet they're the same." said the first one

"oh well,I guess there is no satisfying the greedy" Alice said as she walked down to the next street.

CHPTER 5: Hats and ties
© Copyright 2002 Joshua B. (penny at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/566435-FURTHER-ADVENTURES-OF-ALICE-1-4