*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/568436-Hunger-For-Righteousness
Rated: E · Other · Spiritual · #568436
An appetite for God's Word.
Hunger For Righteousness

Author
Dawn K. Smith



Hunger For Righteousness

Psalm 119: 9-16 and 2 Timothy 2:15

(v.11) Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. (KJV)

There are many wonderful passages in Scripture which teach us how to live victoriously; this is one of them. I remember years ago putting music to this verse. I know nothing about music and couldn’t tell a “c” from a “d” if there is such a note, but that didn’t stop me. There was a melody in my heart and my mind went to work on the situation at hand. Cassette tapes and recorders are excellent for the illiterate who can’t tell one note from the other. I believe I sang this verse all day, until my husband came home from work. God’s word will do that…put a song in your heart.

Have you ever picked up a good book and just couldn’t put it down? It kept you intrigued for hours. You dreaded being interrupted while contemplating what was going to happen next. This is how we should feel towards the Bible, never wanting to put it down because we’re captivated by its contents.

In 2 Timothy 2:15 it says: Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

The more we study, the more God’s word can pierce our hearts and mind to live a victorious Christian life. It filters out the bad stuff and fills our being with righteousness. We learn how to live right, how to walk right, and how to talk right. No other book can change a person from the inside out.

I have been a Christian for thirty years, and the Bible is still the only book I use to find comfort for my soul.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for giving me not only Jesus, but also your written word. You did not leave me alone, but also sent the Comforter. How loving a God you are. I know I have not been as faithful as I should in studying the Scriptures, but I desire to please you by doing better. Your word is quick and powerful, piercing man’s soul and spirit, and my heart hungers for more. Teach me, fill me, and lead me in the paths of righteousness that I might not sin against Thee. For I ask this in Jesus’ blessed name, Amen.
© Copyright 2002 InHisArms (dawnsm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/568436-Hunger-For-Righteousness