*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/579524-My-Rating-System
Rated: E · Article · Writing.Com · #579524
This is how I rate.
My Rating System


         First, this is ever evolving for me. I have a high rating average, I tend to rate high. I tend to go into reading something that I will like and I have found that it usually works out that way. I also don’t tend to finish reading items that I don’t like or find difficulty reading. I will often send the author a note expressing why I personally couldn’t finish the piece and offering to return to it if it becomes more readable for me. I tend to easily emphathize and sympathize with people.
         Maybe it is something about being a Pisces, or simply my personality. I tend to take into consideration a person’s age, or other discerning reasons for their level of writing prowess or method. I also tend to ask myself if my personal beliefs or opinions affect my opinion of the piece, what would others think? Could this touch or effect appeal to someone else? Here is a breakdown of my rating system.

5.O - I enjoyed the piece immensely. I may return to it at another time to read/view it again or recommend it to others. I personally could not detect many errors or typos. I can see that the person worked hard to edit and/or rewrite/rework until the piece was as perfect as possible. There may be a couple of errors, but it is obvious they worked things out to the best of their ability. I would point out any mistakes I could see.

4.0 - I enjoyed the piece a lot. I may return to it or recommend it but it’s not as likely. I find that some effort was made to make the item reflect the ability of the author, but not much. There were a few errors that are obvious. This item could easily attain a 5 with a little more effort. I would offer advice and point out things that were missed in editing.

3.0 – This piece has many errors and it is obvious the author didn’t try their best to make the piece reflect their ability or be fluent for others to observe. I feel this piece could have potential to be liked and read by many, but it should have been worked over before being presented. There are many obvious errors. I would attempt to offer generalized advice, but would not spend all day making detailed edits.

2.0 - I am not sure the author even cares if others read/view this publicly posted piece. There is very little chance for this work to become something many people will like. I would not bother offering suggestions in any detailed manner, maybe just a general reason for my feelings on it.

1.0 - I would not read/view this work and can’t see any reason why others would. I would be more likely to email the author asking why they posted this than to actually rate and review it.

         To be honest, I don't care about the stars so much. Either in receipt for my work, or in what is given. I feel that it is great in theory to find awesome things to read and view based on others recommendations. But you know, I don't judge a movie by the ticket sales or the critics reviews. I love many movies that the critics called 'stinkers'. I hated many they raved about. It's all subjective, really.
© Copyright 2002 Citty Cat (citty_cat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/579524-My-Rating-System