*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/582642-My-Christmas-Letter
by Kenzie
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Holiday · #582642
Let's not forget that Jesus is the reason for the season.
Dear Friends:

I Love to Tell the Story about how We Three Kings went out to the Little Town of Bethlehem While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks by Night. It was a Silent Night, but there was A Song in the Air, and it seemed that Silver Bells were ringing in the night.

Someone shouted, "Joy to the World!" as Noel listened and said, "Hark the Herald Angels Sing." The angels said, "A Babe is Born," and sure enough, It Came Upon a Midnight Clear that a child was born Away in a Manger. People came and asked, "What Child is This?,"and they were told, "This is Jesus, so God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen." And so the story was told and so we continue to tell it today and we carry it on and we Go Tell it on the Mountain.

Today, though, our children also learn that Santa Claus is Coming to Town and Rudolph is leading the pack right down Santa Claus Lane. We all dream of a White Christmas and Jingle Bells ring in Winter Wonderland.

Isn't it time that we take our children to the Church in the Wildwood where they can learn That Old Time Religion and have a Sweet Hour of Prayer? They need to learn that In the Garden and Beyond the Sunset there is Somebody Bigger Than You and I and He's Got the Whole World in His Hands. Day by Day and One Day at a Time, Jesus is Tenderly Calling. Good Christian Men Rejoice! It's time to sing Amazing Grace! He is our Rock of Ages and will help us Climb Every Mountain.

Let's not forget that Jesus is the reason for the season! The Twelve Days of Christmas have always been my favorite time of year, a time of sharing and loving and being with family and friends to celebrate the birth of our Lord. I'll Be Home For Christmas because There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays. It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

God Be With You Til We Meet Again and Let There Be Peace On Earth in the Sweet By and By.

Have a very Merry Christmas,
Marilyn Mackenzie


© Copyright 2002 Kenzie (kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/582642-My-Christmas-Letter