*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/609758-Dianes-Monologue
by Diane
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Relationship · #609758
Written in voice of Diane, the main character in my novel-to-be, Someone Special.
Romance After Thirty


Romance is for young people. By the time you reach your thirties, you've given up on the flowers, candy and sweet nothings murmured in the middle of the night. Life has taken over. Your day is filled with stress from work, family and friends. Body parts are sagging, beauty is fading, and hair is thinning.

The upside of thirty is that we know better who we are and what we want in a mate. Sure the idea of romance is attractive...who wouldn't like to take a moonlit walk on the beach, hand in hand with the person you love? Common interests take precedence over romance. Instead of moonlit walks you take a trip to the local hardware store to purchase a new floater for the toilet that runs incessantly.

Don't get me wrong, I hope to find someone to share my life. However, I have no illusions about this person. He needs to be a caring individual, financially independent, and not live with his parents. Other than those qualifications, I ask for nothing.

People may see me as a pessimist for having these views - I prefer to think of myself as a realist.
© Copyright 2003 Diane (sgambill72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/609758-Dianes-Monologue