*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/620133-Letter-to-my-daddy
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Military · #620133
A letter to a father who proudly serves our country
This is something I have been thinking about for a while now. My own dad is in the Navy and is facing uncertain times. This could be to any father or mother in the military from any child.
Thank you all for doing your jobs.


Dear Daddy,
I know that you didn't choose to go where you are, but you are gone anyway. I hope you remember all of us here who will not stop loving you. We know you love us, that is why you had to go. I hope you look up at night and know that I am looking at the same stars and smiling, remembering how we used to look at them together.
Mom is scared for you. I'm a little scared too. I know you are not scared! My daddy is not scared of anything! Even if you were, I wouldn't tell a soul.
We all wish you were here with us, but we know why you can't be. holidays and birthdays will be diffrent, but we will get by somehow.
I hope you don't mind that I brag about you a little. I can't help it, I am just proud of you. I wear my Navy sweater a little more than I should just so I have the opportunity to tell people about you.
I will always tell people how cool my daddy is, because he is protecting our country so maybe someday my children won't have to fight. I want to be like you,Daddy, and I hope I make you proud. You make me proud! I love you!
Love your little girl.


There it is, I hope you like it. Let me know what you think, please rate and feel free to send comments.
© Copyright 2003 Jamie Jo (jamie_jo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/620133-Letter-to-my-daddy