*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/630718-MY-LETTER-TO-SANTA
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Contest · #630718
Written for Penemue's Dear Santa Contest!

February 14, 2003

Santa Claus
North Pole

Dear Santa:

Wanted to drop you a line to say "Happy Valentine's Day" and let you know that you are always here in my heart! I know I haven't written often, and I'll try to make up for that in the future!

It's been very cold here. The thermometer reads twenty below zero, and Spring is only 36 days away! I am really looking forward to Spring this year, as I've planted a lot of bulbs that should bring forth some lovely new blooms. I am going to put in some new rosebushes too, for I love the color and fragrance they bring to my garden.

My son and nephew set up an old brass bed in my yard, and this Spring will board it, fill it with dirt and let me fill it with flowers! Imagine! A real FLOWER BED! I'll be sure to take a picture and send it to you. I'm sure you'll get a chuckle out of that one!

I hope you and Mrs. Claus are well and enjoying a much deserved rest. There were rumors floating around that you had decided to take a vacation this year and go to Bermuda to soak up the sun!
I hope you are able to do that, it will ease any aches and pains you may have.

I don't really have any vacation plans; there is always much to do here. I love to garden and when the grass starts growing again, I'll be busy with my lawnmower!

My children are giving me a St. Patrick's Day Party and asked me to invite you and Mrs. Claus down for the day. You don't HAVE to wear green, but I know Mrs. Claus will dress for the occasion.
I will never forget the year she dyed her hair green! She was the hit of that party!

We are having corned beef and cabbage, though, and I know that's one of your favorite meals! If you want to come early and stay late, please do and I will see that you have a bed if you want to stay overnight and watch our home movies.

Hope to hear from you and Mrs. Claus soon, in the meantime, take care and God bless!

Sincerely,
Countrymom


© Copyright 2003 COUNTRYMOM-JUST REMEMBER ME (countrymom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/630718-MY-LETTER-TO-SANTA