*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/640216-Freedoms-Obligation
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Koris
Rated: E · Essay · Opinion · #640216
An Essay I worte for my NJROTC my 11th grade year.
Freedom’s Obligation

What is freedom’s obligation? I feel that freedom has no actual obligation for the simple fact that if you were obligated to do some thing it would not be freedom. However I also feel that all Americans should take it upon him or herself to do a part to protect our Nation’s freedom and or honor those who have fought bravely to earn and protect our freedom in the past as well as those who are protecting it today. Another thing to do is support the Americans who are protecting our Nation’s freedom. Because if no one does make an effort to protect the Nation’s freedom. Or honor and support those who protect the Nation’s freedom then we could lose it. And I feel that if that happens then all of the deaths and wounds from past wars will have been in vain.

I feel that all Americans should do a part to protect our Nation’s freedom. You can do this by joining any of the military services active or reserves. Or by Speaking out against people who are repressing freedom. And just by simply voting every chance you have, because voting is how we get laws made and if you do not vote then it makes it easier to take freedom away.

I also feel that you should take a part in honoring those Americans who have protected and those who are protecting our freedom. This is the easiest thing to do because there are so many ways to do it. The simplest is to say the Pledge of Allegiance, or take a moment of silence out of your day to prey, think about, or just wish them safety. A final way you can do this is by going to Veterans Day services and events.

Another thing I feel that we as a Nation should do is support the people who are protecting our Nation’s freedom. This can also be done in quite a few different ways. One of witch is saying the “Pledge of Allegiance”, or by taking a moment of silence out of your day. Another way is to give them pay raises or by give them more time at home with their families. And a finial way is to let them know that in some way that you are thankful and appreciate what they are doing.

So in conclusion I feel that freedom doesn’t have an actual obligation but I feel that all Americans should take it upon him or herself to do a part in protecting our Nation’s freedom. In honoring those Americans who have fought bravely to earn and protect our freedom in the past as well as those who are protecting it today. And support the Americans who are protecting our Nation’s freedom. Because if no one does then no one will and we will end up losing this Nation’s freedom, if not for our life time, then for future generations of Americans.

September 25, 2002
Word Count 492
© Copyright 2003 Koris (koris at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/640216-Freedoms-Obligation