*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/641655-Last-Letter
Rated: ASR · Letter/Memo · Contest · #641655
Written for Purple Sky's "Remember Me" Contest.

March 1, 2003


Dear Family,

I did so much enjoy my life! Everyday I delighted in the blue sky, the sunshine, the chance to have my faith, and my family. Not necessarily in that order, for if that were the case, I'd cite my faith and family first. I love the seasons; Spring in all it's new glory, the budding of the trees, the sprouting of the first crocus; the grass turning a rich green. The mud I tolerated, for I knew it would turn into fertile soil.
Summers were wonderful, warm and inviting. A time for families to get together and laugh, share old memories. Fall always came too soon, with its crisper nights, but turned into such a beautiful season with leaves of all hues, sunsets so lovely that I could just stand and stare at them. God does such good work! Then, of course, came winter.
Colder, and the days shorter, and soon came the snow, that covered the earth in a blanket of white. A time for sugar-on-snow, sleigh rides, sliding, all the wonderful winter sports! Yes, I loved the seasons with all their beauty. I looked forward to all the holidays, decorating for each season, and for all the fun they could offer.

If I could have changed my life, I probably would not have. My faith in what happens is meant to be is very strong. There were hard times, and bad times, but there were so many more GOOD times!

Regrets? Only that I had to leave my family and this beautiful world behind. I will hold to the belief that the hereafter is better and that we will be reunited with our loved ones. It's a comforting thought. I do wish I had spent more time laughing with my family instead of worrying how to make ends meet. I guess, like Erma Bombeck, I would have picked more daises.

Why did I die? The body ages, and wears down. No matter what we try to renew our youth and energy, the time comes when we are prepared to go. I was glad that I was able to die in my sleep, dreaming happy dreams.

Finally, I wish for peace in this world; that people would learn that love and kindness make all the difference. I wish that there would be no more war; no more sorrow for parents whose sons and daughters were called to go and serve their country, and being wounded or killed.

I wish that my family would go on without me and be happy to remember me. I wish that they would be able to enjoy their lives as much as I have, with few regrets and eyes that are able to see the good in people. I wish that they would not mourn my loss, but rejoice in their knowledge that they were loved.

Always and forever,
Countrymom

© Copyright 2003 COUNTRYMOM-JUST REMEMBER ME (countrymom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/641655-Last-Letter