*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/646831-THOSE-WERE-THE-DAYS-MY-FRIEND
Rated: ASR · Non-fiction · Contest · #646831
Written for Kate Clifford's "Did I look Like That!" Contest

THOSE WERE THE DAYS, MY FRIEND!


Way back in the fifties (this may be before your time) I joined the Womens Army Corps. To say that this was a big change of lifestyle is no lie; I had to learn to take care of myself and follow orders. No problem. I could be and was a pretty good soldier!

Looking at some of my old Army photos, I found myself staring at my hair, and saying "My God! Did I look like that?!" Sure enough, there I was, every night, putting my hair up in PINCURLS! Some of the older folks may recall that bobbypins were used instead of curlers to turn our straight hair into a tumble of curls. Or so we hoped.

Needless to say, some of the bobbypins fell out during the night, causing an uneven result in my hairdo. I would just take a brush to it, and do the best I could, parting my hair on one side and hurrying out to join the ranks for inspection.

Some were blessed with naturally curly hair. I would have been blessed with bobbypins that stayed IN!

Thankfully, curlers and quite often, a hairdresser, have cured most of my problems. I now keep my hair short, and like Heaven, there is no parting there! *Smile*



© Copyright 2003 COUNTRYMOM-JUST REMEMBER ME (countrymom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/646831-THOSE-WERE-THE-DAYS-MY-FRIEND