*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/647871-Entry-for-Competition-Crazy
Rated: 18+ · Article · Adult · #647871
This is for the "Competition Crazy" contest
Entry for Competition Crazy
By God Bacon

Pamela was the most beautiful dead person I had ever seen, and I had see a lot of dead women. Her eyes were sunken and her lips blue, but the color complemented her. Knowing my bias for the dead, I still wondered if she could have possibly been this beautiful in life. Definitely not, when women know they are beautiful it diminishes their beauty. In a sense her beauty had been freed with her death. Freed from an ugly ego and lack luster personality. Her beauty was now complete like a sculpture and momentary like the sunset. None of her lovers would ever know her like this. She would be burned or put in the ground, and her absolute beauty would be lost like the orange globe descending through pink and purple sky disappearing below the horizon.
I was OK with this, the passing of her beauty would make room for more, but her timelessness was not my own, so I stripped off my gloves with a hurried snap and quickly removed my clothes. I used one of the gloves to prevent spillage, like I had done so many times before.
With Pamela it was quick, and a good thing too. I could hear the sirens of the cursers making their way down the streets. It would take Bob a while to make it up the stairs. That would give me time to get back into uniform.
The door swung open, it was Bob. I could see his mind working.
“It was the boyfriend wasn’t it.” He said
“Yeah, I saw him coming out of the room” I said
“God, We can’t seem to protect these girls no matter where we put them.”
“No” I said “It makes me wonder why we try. It’s like we’re not making a difference out there!”
“Don’t worry, We’ll get him! Scum Bag! I’ll call it in. Go back to the station you can have first crack at him when we bring him in.”
“Thanks Bob, This one's going to pay!” I said, thinking I would make it down to the morgue later to say my good-byes to Pamela.
© Copyright 2003 God Bacon (godbacon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/647871-Entry-for-Competition-Crazy