*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/649684-With-Great-Thanks
Rated: E · Other · Tribute · #649684
He got me to write in my most painful time...
         Recently, my whole life came crashing down around me. My boyfriend of nearly a year decided to end our relationship, my teachers were demanding the unthinkable out of myself and my classmates (especially in band), and a cold lead to me taking too much Allegra, accentuating my already deepening depression. I was really in a rut, causing a nasty case of writer's block. I stopped eating, I stopped writing, and I basically stopped caring. I was extremely irritable and crying myself into migraines practically every single day.

         Then, I went to the Writing.com IM Scroll one night. It was here where I first began to feel happy, and I enjoyed that bubbly feeling I had while chatting. However, it lead to something more important: becoming familiar with the works of auric. I originally went digging into his portfolio to get an idea of what he looked like (as his birthday and age were being discussed that night). I ended up finding a collection of provocative stories and poems to which I could relate. After sending him numerous reviews, we got to talking online, and by talking to him, I made a new friend, a friend that was interested in my thoughts and feelings and helped break my nasty case of writer's block. Our discussions lead me to put my fingers back to the keyboard and write a poem, which prior to this whole mess I had no desire to write. Nowadays, I've been steadily getting better and have been writing again. Hopefully within the next few months, I'll have a lot of finished prose and may get the courage to submit something for publication. For now, I must take life one day at a time, but at least I've got my writing inspiration/motivation back.

         I have selected "With Closed Arms", as it reflects my past and shows what I need to change as a person. Knowing what I need to change about myself is essential as I work towards piecing my life back together.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#557721 by Not Available.



Thank you, Mark, for everything you've done.
© Copyright 2003 Elisa the Bunny Stik (soledad_moon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/649684-With-Great-Thanks