*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/657907-In-Their-Names
by Kenzie
Rated: E · Article · Military · #657907
Support our troops. Volunteer "In Their Names."
A weekly newspaper in our area, The Community Herald, has started something that I'd like to share. It's a great way to let our troops know that no matter what our feelings are about war, we're behind them. And they've asked that we share this message with friends and relatives around the United States. Please pass on the link to this page on to everyone you know!


***********



"All over the country, people from all walks of life are marching and protesting the war. So many media sources are covering these marches, giving them their day in the spotlight, much to the chagrin of many who know what this will do to the morale of those who are serving their country in other parts of the world.

We cannot allow this to happen. Our military needs to know we support them. These heroes, young and old alike, need to know that they are not forgotten. They need to hear that we, as Americans, know they were called to war by the President of the United States and that they are fulfilling their duty as the American Military.

In order to ensure that those who are serving their country hear and understand that, we, as a people, do honor them, The Community Herald has come up with an idea that should resound the world over, "In Their Names".

This program will match up the names of each and every member of the military service with a group or individual in their area who would perform a good deed, action, or make a donation in his or her name. We will publish these as they are given to us and again, by the grace of God, when they come home safely, to let them know we all do care.

Isn't this the message that you would rather send to these brave soldiers, whether they be Army, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marines, National Guard or Navy?

It doesn't require much to participate - volunteer at a nursing home, mow a lawn, read to children, help a neighbor’s child with his/her home work, or tie yellow ribbons down an entire street.

Neighborhoods can band together to remember someone who lives down the block. Church members or civic groups, can encourage others to participate. Match up one of your yearly projects with the name of someone who is serving.

Local recruiters will assist in giving us the names of those in the area who have chosen to serve. If you are the parent of one who is serving you may contact us with information as well.

This war was not of their making, but they are demonstrating great courage and patriotism by volunteering to go. Won't you do something wonderful
In Their Names?

Please show our troops that we support them, that we appreciate their sacrifices, and that we honor them.

If you have relatives in other cities or states please help get them involved. Make this a nationwide network of love and caring for everyone. Something so positive can only help us all through these trying times.

If you are a member of another media source we invite you to participate as well. We welcome the participation of everyone; we are all Americans!

If you need help please call the Community Herald at 979-373-0442 or email cherald@hotmail.com and we will help you get started."



*************

© Copyright 2003 Kenzie (kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/657907-In-Their-Names