*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/661379-The-Room-at-Chatters-Hotel
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #661379
An eerie story of a Haunted Hotel.
Jim is traveling for a provincial assignment which his boss gave him to make better from a bad assignment he failed to submit a month earlier.

He was driving his old Chevy towards a dirt road, but because of the urgency of the trip, he forgot to load gas on the Chevy. Empty gas warning light turned on. He desperately looked for a Gasoline Station, which in that side of town is rare.

Jim walked to find a gasoline station, as the car stopped because of empty gas. As the dirt road is dark, it being about 11:00 in the evening, he decided to just wait till dawn before continuing the search for a gasoline station. He will just sleep in the car when he saw an old hotel.

“It could be cheap to stay in this hotel.”

He decided to just call it a night and stay at the Chatters Hotel. He requested for the best room in this hotel, a huge room on the 4th floor. At the rate given to him, it is to him a jackpot. An attendant was fixing the room when he got in. This attendant smiled at him as he entered the room.

“I might enjoy staying in this hotel.” Jim said as his eyes followed the woman, who has a fair complexion and a long black hair. As he was glancing at the woman walking away, she vanished in the middle of the hallway.

Jim ignored it. He is happy seeing fine antique furniture and an inviting bed in a 15th century design. He was making fun thinking how cheap a night’s stay at Chatters Hotel.

“Miss?” Jim called out on seeing a shadow of a woman outside a glass framed wall. When he got near the glass framed wall, it ended to be a window. But he is sure, he saw a woman walk across, and learned the other side of the window has no platform. In his summation the woman whom he saw would probably be walking on air. He smiled at himself thinking he was just imagining. It may be the cold air outside and the tall trees caused forming a shadow.

But he still does not feel sleepy. Thus, he called a room service and ordered dinner. With his dinner, he ordered a shot of brandy. While waiting for his order he opened his laptop he will log in to the internet to chat with his girlfriend that he left home because of this trip. While opening his laptop, he heard a loud noise coming from the Comfort Room. He immediately stood up and went in the Comfort Room but nothing in there that can make such a loud noise. Then from the comfort room mirror, he saw a bloodied man staring at him. He closed his eyes as his knees are already shaking. After a few seconds he opened his eye and saw a woman smiling at him, he turned his head towards his back but there is no one in there.

Then he heard a knock on the door that made him shakier, his heart trembling in fear. It might be the bloodied man on the door. He peeped on the door hole, he saw the waiter bringing his food.

“Hi!” He forced himself to smile at the waiter. “Did you hear anything before coming here?”

“Like what?”

“A loud noise of something big that fell?”

“Sir, it is already almost midnight. No one can cause such a loud noise.” The waiter said smiling.

Irritated by with Waiter’s response, He asked him to just go.

“Sorry, Sir, but I did not hear anything.”

He wanted to call the waiter again to be with him but the smile he saw made him feel uncomfortable having him around. His body still shaking, he took a big gulp of the brandy. Suddenly, he noticed his laptop open and a message was blinking letting him know he has a message. He has never logged in as the loud noise disrupted him opening the computer. Still bothered, he opened the message. It is from an unknown sender saying, “Are you still there? Will you stay the whole night?”

Jim did not bother; he wanted to believe it was a missent message. Then the computer blinked again. He immediately unplugged the laptop because he does not want to see another message in that tenor. The computer was shut-off. He went back to the table and saw his brandy glass still filled. He gulped again. He was already eating his dinner when he remembered the first time he took a gulp of the brandy, he finished it. How come he had a second gulp, where did came from. The thought bother him, but he brushed it aside.

Without finishing his food, he went to the Comfort Room to wash his face. Whatever is happening made him feel like needing a bath. Inside the Comfort Room he saw a black lace blouse. He picked it up and placed it to the hanger to avoid getting wet. Jim will call the attendant later to return the blouse to the owner. It may be from the woman he saw in the room earlier.

With soap-soaked eyes he heard of a woman speak, “Can you give me my blouse?”

He immediately opened his eyes, the soap rushed into his eyes, but with eyes half-opened he saw a woman’s face bloodied. He shouted and immediately washed off his face. But there is no one with him in the Comfort Room. He run out and immediately changed his clothes. He wanted to get out of that hotel as soon as possible, but it is still too dark outside. The darkness of the evening, the trees around and the stillness of the night makes Jim feel safer inside the Chatters Hotel.

He promised himself, “I will be out of here before sunrise, only 4 more hours I better sleep now. There is nothing in here, it is just my imagination.”

He hopped in the bed and forced his eyes to close. A few minutes later, Jim is just half asleep, when he saw images. A gruesome scene, he was forcing his eyes open but he could not.

A man over a woman, who is shouting for help, he could see the man hit the woman with a flower base. It cracked the woman’s face. And there were blood all over the place. It stopped the woman from shouting but the woman got enough energy to grab a glass covered bedroom lamp and hit the man over her. Both fell dead with eyes wide open. Jim feels they are staring at him. Then both of them dead tried to reach Jim’s hands. Jim shouted as loud as he could but words would not come out of his mouth. He knows he is not asleep but he could not open his eyes. He wanted to jump out of bed but he does not have the energy to do so. Then Jim felt everything around him went blank.

He lied down with no movement, his fist closed but with eyes wide open. The attendant, who heard him shout, feared he is dead.

Then he opened his eyes and asked for a glass of water, which the attendant served him immediately.

Jim is still in shock but managed to pick up his traveling bag and checked out at 11:30 p.m. or half an hour after checking in. On his way out, the woman whom he saw in the room approached Jim. This Lady offered to walk him to his car, Jim still does not have enough energy to chitchat with the woman. He continued walking. And then he sat inside the car and the woman shut the door for him. The woman then walked away. While walking she changed from the beautiful woman to a black cat and returned inside the Chatters Hotel.
© Copyright 2003 Josie de Dios (josie_dedios at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/661379-The-Room-at-Chatters-Hotel