*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/663586-The-World-of-Darkness
Rated: ASR · Article · Personal · #663586
Just what the title describes

This world is by far the worst. Have you ever blacked out or seen stars? Well this is like the place when you're not quite either. It's where pain has you and blackness binds you. It's where you can just slip off too. Like shuting down.

Not every one understands this but at least one time in every ones lives the person feels alone, out of place. The world of darkness is like that. It's never really there but you sink into it. It pulls you down into depression and sinks you in despair. Darkness is like all the problems you have or pains you feel capturing you in it's painful embrace.

I used to go to the World of Darkness a lot... Things are very delicately balanced... although since I started writing I've gone there less. I've felt alot things I can't really explain. When i go there i just lie down on the floor or on my bed an slip away. There are bad days... When the black that speckled on the corners of my eyes becomes a blanket of suffocating gloom, like a blindfold cast of iron and a gag of stale flesh which is merely the dehydrated and scabbing tongue you cannot move. You breath in through your nose but it is as if the what should liberate you is trying to corrode your sanity, plugging your senses so there is nothing but the ache of much needed air not reaching the collapsing lungs... But then there are times when the dark is safer, calmer, protective... Those are on the good days. I find it's like letting go of everything. Nothing can touch you there....

Light at the end of the tunnel? Sometimes it doesnt seem like it. But then you emerge from the coffin like coccoon and you realise it's better now... you've left a little bit of that aching heart behind in the gloom and you can give way to a rebirth of colour...

This probably sounds ridiculous... Verging on madness but.... There is nothing more to say of this world except those small and insignificant words. What else can describe falling away from this world and drowning? It is is a place of things I know not what. And yet... it's still there... always...




























© Copyright 2003 Dr Matticakes Myra (dragoon362 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/663586-The-World-of-Darkness