*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/664118-Napkin
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by yufli
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Other · #664118
Something I wrote on a napkin on the bus.
He's scared. The hand, just above his father's right ear is about to come down. He tried to imagine what it would feel like once it hit him. He briefly closed his eyes, thinking about the pain it would bring. He knew his step-father wouldn't like it if he closed his eyes in the face of pain. But he did it anyways, just to see what would happen, even though he knew very well what would happen; he would feel a very sharp pain on his cheek.

He opens his eyes, just in time to see his step-father's eyes turn into dinner plates, and his tongue inserted between his lips. The same face he always wore whenever he was about to hit him. He concentrated hard on keeping the smile on his face permanent. The hand came down, he cringed, but not moving his mouth. He could feel the wind from his hand hitting his cheek, then it stopped. He opened his eyes to see that his step-father's hand stopped just inches from his face. He looked up at his step-father's face, only to see it getting red with rage. He knew what was going to happen, and this time, unlike all the other times, he was going to stop it.

His step-father stepped back a few steps, to get a view at this "child". He then started to swear and curse at him for that smirk on his face, telling him that if he didn't wipe it off, he would do it for him. He wasn't scared. He knew he wasn't going to hit him if he was smiling. Just to make sure, he twinkled his eyes, and showed a bit of tooth. This really ticked his step-father off. He yelled "that's it!" and came at him with both hands. One hand at his throat and the other hand down his pants. He closed his eyes tight, and tried to keep his smile on his face as long as possible. His hands, he kept behind his back, fighting harder than ever to keep his instincts from doing their thing.

After about 30 seconds of this extreme pain, his step-father took his hands out of his pants, and put it up to his neck with his other hand. He pushed him to the hard, wooden floor covering his room. His head hitting the floor wasn't nearly as painfull as his privates felt right now. He could feel the pain getting greater.

He tilted his head up as far as he could, so he could just barely see out the window, the darkness only allowed him to see the window of the house next to his. He could feel the blood leaving his head, and decided to keep his head there as long as he could. His step-father, meanwhile, was swearing and cursing so much that he was spitting all over himself. He wasn't choking him enough to close off the air supply to his head, but just enough to give him quite a challenge to breathe. Finally, he saw the flashing blue and red lights bouncing off the wall outside. This made his smile increase, he almost had the urge to laugh, but he couldn't get enough air through his step-father's fingers to laugh.

Within a minute, the Police where in the room, prying his step-father off his body. He just layed there, his hands at his side, breathing as steady as he could to make himself look out of breathe. That was what his plan was, to not show any kind of fear or uncomfort. It worked. He sat up, and started to whistle, showing off his fake enthusiasm to his step-father, as he was being dragged away, he saw a look of regretfullness in his eyes, but he didn't care, he was happy to be rid of him, finally. He knew he was never going to forget what happened tonight, but he knew that from now on, he could live his life normally, not worrying about someone following him calling him down, making him wrong, telling him how stupid he was when he gets 19/20 on a spelling test. He felt free.

-------------------
I don't know what inspired me to write this, but I just felt I needed to get it out. I feel better already. None of this has happened to me or anyone I know.
© Copyright 2003 yufli (rain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/664118-Napkin