*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/682127-15-Minute-Stream-of-Consciousness
Rated: 13+ · Article · Opinion · #682127
My 15 minutes of unadultered writing where i turn into a snob. and i don't care.
A man just passed, slicking his hair back in the mirror. I'm sure it is a common occurence, but I've only seen two men fidget with their hair while driving. The other shot himself the gun and winked. It's funny what people do when they don't realize they're being observed. Take teenagers for example. Don't they know their stupid addictions and obsessions are noted. Music, for example. Alas, I am no better than the rest. But at 19 and 365 days I will sure as hell be celebrating for my teens to be over with. I hope that everyone will grow up by then. Maybe their Jansports emblazoned with the fierce-looking (and I use this term loosely) anarcy "a" will be replaced by a briefcase and common sense. Anarchy?? Come on, people!! I can't tolerate anyone who truly believes that garbage. Where did you get that patch, huh? Where? A store. A store making your dollar go to a company and eventually the government. The government YOU don't support! Do you know how ridiculous you are? Do you? People don't realize that just because they don't like the politician, they can't just not consider the politician's platform, cause, whatever. Sometimes, people forget that politicians are people too. It's their fault for putting them on some mental platform whether they realized it or not. So they get back on their soapboxes trying to make a difference. Is shouting from a soapbox audible from Mount Olympus? I am not even involved in government because frankly, it bores me. People forget that there are other people in the world. They're more concerned with the unreal world. By this I mean their "reality" TV shows, their computer-generated lives. Society often places all these things before their religion or whatnot. Religion being a higher power. Higher power being something greater than you ever will be- so be humble. What made the American Indians and the Europeans worship a god. Separate outlooks of one, but the same idea in general. Before Christopher Columbus, these two groups never interacted but shared that common ideal. I've been kicking this theory around. It never makes complete sense to me. All I know is that government can be another form of religion. With fanfare and ticker-tape parades in place of prayer and fasting. Maybe John Wilkes Booth was an atheist in that he didn't believe in Lincoln, America's God for a term. Funny, all my music was deleted my computer, but I found one playable cd in my room and it is currently playing "The Contents of Lincoln's Pocket." Now the line "How do you deal with that kind of information" is playing nostalgia in my heart. This is my favorite band ever, but I'd never reveal who. I made a pact with a close friend to keep this band between us. They're on their own Mount Olympus. I'm on the Appalachians, and all other teenagers- with the exception of a few- are standing on soapboxes down in the valley.
© Copyright 2003 star*struck needs an upgrade (starstruck at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/682127-15-Minute-Stream-of-Consciousness